JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Recently purchased a brand new Glock 30s, and finally got to test it today.
I put a total of 60 rounds through it before becoming frustrated enough with it to put it away for the day.
Roughly 50 percent of the time it failed to feed and return to battery! Definitely not a limp writing issue, Im leaning toward either it being a mag or recoil spring problem.
Any advice? I am definitely going to call Smyrna in the morning for a return tag, if I can't figure it out with your help.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Try some hot loaded ammo?

My FNX 9 was having issues feeding and cycling cheap ammo like blazer brass and winchester white box. Buddy suggest I use 9mm NATO and since then its ran great after about a thousand round beating it in. You can also try racking the slide back and letting it sit in the safe for a week to help keep tension on the spring. The problem was that the spring was so stiff in my FN that cheap plinking ammo wasn't causing a full slide action each shot.

I had a different issue with my Shield 45 in that its mags weren't holding lock when firing and would drop out of the magwell. Sent it back to SW and they tested the gun and found no problems but the magazines feed ramps weren't quite measured right and since I got it back had 0 problems. Factory send back might be your best option if the above home remedy doesn't work for you. I'd say try some SD ammo and if it still has problems send it back.

Try some hot loaded ammo?

My FNX 9 was having issues feeding and cycling cheap ammo like blazer brass and winchester white box. Buddy suggest I use 9mm NATO and since then its ran great after about a thousand round beating it in. You can also try racking the slide back and letting it sit in the safe for a week to help keep tension on the spring. The problem was that the spring was so stiff in my FN that cheap plinking ammo wasn't causing a full slide action each shot.

I had a different issue with my Shield 45 in that its mags weren't holding lock when firing and would drop out of the magwell. Sent it back to SW and they tested the gun and found no problems but the magazines feed ramps weren't quite measured right and since I got it back had 0 problems. Factory send back might be your best option if the above home remedy doesn't work for you. I'd say try some SD ammo and if it still has problems send it back.
I was using federal premium 230 g ball and Winchester white 230g jhp. That could be the problem.

If your gun cant handle any Winchester or Federal ammo its a manufacturing issue and needs to be returned for warrany repair.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top