JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Will a g26 slide fit on a g19 frame, either cutting down the dust cover or adding a compensator?

I bought a freedom wolf g19 frame because it was on sale and I don't really have a need for another 19 or 19L but I had the thought that a g26 length slide might be nice for concealed carry or just as something different.

I believe you can put the compact slide on the full size but the sub compact uses a distinctive slide. Makes you wonder how short they can make the slide. Makes you wonder when Glocks are going to start looking like those Ruger MK X's

I actually wish Glock would make a version that has a G26 top end with a G19 grip. Would be like a 'G26X'. That would make a nice shoulder holster rig, IMO.

The 26 slide is too short to fit on a 19 frame. A compensator won't fix that. And what "dust cover" are you referring to?

The 26 slide is too short to fit on a 19 frame. A compensator won't fix that. And what "dust cover" are you referring to?
The dust cover, atleast that's what I've heard it called, is the front part of the frame that has the recoil spring and guide rod in it and where the light mount is. My thought with the compensator was to get one that has the same profile as the slide like the alphawolf so it extends to the end of the frame.

I actually wish Glock would make a version that has a G26 top end with a G19 grip. Would be like a 'G26X'. That would make a nice shoulder holster rig, IMO.
My thoughts exactly.

They have enough dimensional differences that it won't work. The 19's locking block is a little bigger along with some other differences. That's why you don't see anyone rocking a 19/26 hybrid, at least not in the configuration you're wanting.

Watch this video, it does a pretty good job explaining the differences. FF to around 6:30.

FWIW I tried what you want to do when I had a 26 and a 19. It don't work. :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads