JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So yesterday a Glock 19 MOS gen 5 followed me home. I was going to wait but I have been doing so much training with my SIRT pistol. I figured I would get a similar gun, I didn't want to get the 17. I have been looking at doing some training with a red dot so I went with the MOS. I already know I am swapping out those standard sites, they are pretty horrible. I like the feel of it, I am hoping to get to go to the range tomorrow.

I have a G19 and like it a lot. I believe mine is a Gen 3. I have large hands, yet it still fits well. One thing I changed on it, I changed the original magazine base plate for the kind with a little finger extension on it. Like an old Walther PP or PPk. Makes it fit just a little better. Mine will shoot any 9mm ammo I've ever tried in it. Flat nose bullets that don't work well in my Colt 1911 or Walther P.38 have no issues in the Glock. Also, I pay no attention to the Glock factory admonition not to use reloads or cast bullets. I've heard the noise about changing all the springs every so often. Wondering when I'm gonna have to do that.

Years ago when I had only all-metal hand guns, I decided to get modern. And get one of those new-fangled part plastic guns. I was corrected soon after, not plastic, it's polymer. Not knowing much about them, I went and looked at some offerings. What I wound up taking home was a Ruger P95. After all, I've owned many Ruger revolvers and a few Mark series 22's. Must be good, it says Ruger on the side. I won't slander Ruger nor offend P series fans. I'll just say I let go of that one like a white hot waffle iron. I allowed a few years go by for the sting to wear off, then started looking at plastic pistols again, this time I settled on the G19. Then I said, "Ahhh, I've found it." The G19 is the only plastic handgun I've got, but it fits in fine with my all-metal guns.

I have two favorite handguns. My 1993 Italian made Beretta 92FS Centurion (have had several Range Masters try to talk me out of her when qualifying), which is one of the smoothest most accurate handguns I have ever worked with, and my 4th Gen Glock 19. Both are Crimson Trace equipped for night duty. The Glock is my main EDC, although during the summer wearing shorts, I carry my Beretta 3032 Tomcat.
The Glock 19 is just such a well balanced, well engineered handgun, and if you do not modify it much, it goes bang every time and with whatever ammo you run through it (The Beretta 92 FS Centurion is the same way).
Enjoy!

I did a similar thing a few days ago! I went to Bimart to buy some 6.5 CM ammo then saw G19 Gen15 FS sitting in the corner of the gun counter so I picked it up, too. Surprisingly, it was the very first Glock that had a lot of feeding issues during the break-in period. Had a lot of Glocks in the past and this was the first one that didn't go bang out of the box. The gun really hated the blazer 115gr stuff. Now it's all good after a couple hundred of my hot loaded 124gr ball ammo. It eats anything now.

I have two favorite handguns. My 1993 Italian made Beretta 92FS Centurion (have had several Range Masters try to talk me out of her when qualifying), which is one of the smoothest most accurate handguns I have ever worked with, and my 4th Gen Glock 19. Both are Crimson Trace equipped for night duty. The Glock is my main EDC, although during the summer wearing shorts, I carry my Beretta 3032 Tomcat.
The Glock 19 is just such a well balanced, well engineered handgun, and if you do not modify it much, it goes bang every time and with whatever ammo you run through it (The Beretta 92 FS Centurion is the same way).
Enjoy!
I use to own a 92FS My ex-wife decided when I was TDY to get rid of it on me. I bought the gun specifically to practice shooting the M9.

Just last night I was dry-firing my G19 Gen 5 MOS along with my other carry gun, a P365 with the 12-round magazine. I was also playing around with the different backstraps for the G19.

I was watching a couple of horror movies and using both guns to acquire targets on the TV (childish, yes, but it works...).

The G19 is just a great all-around gun, but it felt like a tank compared to the P365.

With no backstrap, the G19 felt the best, but the sights didn't line up as fast as the P365. I put on the medium backstrap with the beavertail and it felt too big, but the sights lined up quicker and more precise. Weird.

Then I took pics of the two guns to compare sizes and the G19 just seemed giant.

IMG_20201031_175539464.jpg

Nice! Gen5 triggers are a really great improvement for an out of the box tack driver. I had one with a Delta Point Pro with the 2.5MOA dot...highly recommended when you get to that point.

First congratulations DJThumper, so many love the G-19.

I have tried gen 3 and 4 G-19's and they do not work for me, I need to try the gen 5, I would buy the new G-23 Gen 5 maybe.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top