JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So the requirements for "training"/education/etc. are?

I looked at my DD214 and while it has several mentions of arms training, they don't mention anything about "safety", etc., which I have read are required for Orygun's CHL?

I think if you had a pistol qual card from your time in you could use that. DD214 won't have specific handgun qualification. I just took a legal heat classroom course to make it easy.

This is what my DD-214 says:

Marksman: M-16 Rifle
Sharpshooter: .45 Pistol

Small Arms TRNG, 5 days
BC School

The last two were LEO training - small arms included shoot/no shoot training, but I don't have anything more specific that mentions that or "safety". I had "Hunter's Safety" as a kid, but no documentation of that.

I guess I can take my DD-214 in and show them. If it isn't sufficient then I can take an online course.

I did an online course, i think it took me hours. Not going to hassle with my DD-214. There is also a lot of stuff specific to use of force and when it is legal that I'm not sure just a simple DD-214 would cover.

I did an online course, i think it took me hours. Not going to hassle with my DD-214. There is also a lot of stuff specific to use of force and when it is legal that I'm not sure just a simple DD-214 would cover.

I had that from an LE perspective, including arrest techniques by the OSP, and use of lethal force for a fed LE, but not quite the same as for a civilian.

Whatever.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads