JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So in simplest terms WA requires a dealer to file transfer forms on any handgun that fires a cartridge regardless of powder type with a few exceptions for 1898 or older handguns that use basicly obsolete ammo. It seems cap and ball and muzzeloading does not require transfer. Am I getting close to understanding this? I believe an after purchase conversion would not be regulated. WA does not allow a prohibited person to use blackpowder firearms for hunting according to hunting regs as I recall.

As I understand a recent WA State law bans the interstate transfer of even non cartridge BP modern, reproduction handguns unless it goes thru a dealer. In state personal sales are not affected. I don't have the links anymore because this is a fresh reboot of Vista with all my bookmarks lost

the defininition of an Antique includes reproduction weapons.

RCW 09.41.010 (1) "Antique firearm" means a firearm or replica of a firearm not designed or redesigned for using rim fire or conventional center fire ignition with fixed ammunition and manufactured in or before 1898, including any matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar type of ignition system and also any firearm using fixed ammunition manufactured in or before 1898, for which ammunition is no longer manufactured in the United States and is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade.

There are no BP cartridges that is "Readily available in ordenary channels of commercial trade" Think about it. BP is exempt in WA state law.

I believe the new RCW superceds that statute.. the new one is only a few years old

If not then a lot of retailers of BP handguns are losing a lot of shipping biz to WA State over a misunderstanding

T
There are no BP cartridges that is "Readily available in ordenary channels of commercial trade" Think about it. BP is exempt in WA state law.

<broken link removed>

Black powder cartridges in both rifle/revolver calibers have been readily available for years to cowboy shooters ( you can buy drop in BP cylinder conversions on line)

<broken link removed>

T

<broken link removed>

Black powder cartridges in both rifle/revolver calibers have been readily available for years to cowboy shooters ( you can buy drop in BP cylinder conversions on line)

<broken link removed>

I do not think that "speciality" retailers, either brick front or internet, are considered "ordinary channels of commercial trade"

Under your definition "all" gun dealers would be "specialty" retailers, so what's your point ?..................

Can I go and purchase 41 Colt in ANY gun shop...don't think so...matter of fact, I KNOW you cannot. "Specialty" as in antique and BP only. Ever watch "Pawn Stars" on TV? Notice that do not have an FFL...but they have lots of guns. all BP.

Can I go and purchase 41 Colt in ANY gun shop...don't think so...matter of fact, I KNOW you cannot. "Specialty" as in antique and BP only. Ever watch "Pawn Stars" on TV? Notice that do not have an FFL...but they have lots of guns. all BP.

Not all the guns they have are Blackpowder they have shown a model 92 Winchester in the intro. What they are is pre 1898 firearms.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top