JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If you have a 9" barrel and an A2 buffer tube the overall length is 26" 3/8 without a muzzle device.

Many people ask about what length certain combos have.

This is important if you ever want to put a VFG on it as it is no longer a pistol then, its a "other firearm"

Last Edited:
You may want to carry this with it at all times.

<broken link removed>

I thought about going this route for a while. I don't have the balls to do it. I would rather not get arrested than have to go through the process of proving my innocence over something simply stupid.

well you are in Oregon so being cautious might be prudent :D. I made copies of the two letters that apply to this, the rubber cane bumper letter, and the >26" VFG letter from the ATF. I shrunk them both down and they fit in the grip storage area. Granted they might not protect me from getting hauled in but this is Idaho so they generally don't really give a rats bottom about what kind of weapon you have as long as your being safe.

I don't know all about this, but isn't an A2 buffer tube designed for a rifle? Doesn't it have a way to attach a buttstock? A pistol tube is just a tube with no way to attach a buttstock, right? Seems like someone could make an argument that an AR with an A2 buttstock isn't a pistol.

A2 buttstocks are made for putting a buttstock on but the ATF ruled that it is perfectly fine using any buffer tube assembly as long as it doesn't have a stock on it. You can even use an unmodified carbine tube if you so wish.

Yes in theory a pistol tube is meant as a "pistol" and can't recieve a buttstock, but I checked and you can slide an A2 stock over most pistol tubes (not on the gun of course).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top