JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The biggest issue as to why I, and most people I know, don't even bother with the gun show is their freaking ridiculous prices.

I HAVE to charge $300 for this used Marlin 60 because I have to pay the vendor charges.
This was actually told to me. Then I told him that across the street I can buy it NEW for $169.

$1,600 for a DPMS Lo Pro. $799 local. Sorry, don't think so.

Quote from Mookie: The biggest issue as to why I, and most people I know, don't even bother with the gun show is their freaking ridiculous prices.

That is exactly why i do not go. I went a few times but they were a waste of time. I didn't buy anything. Prices were too high and people didn't wanna budge much.

Again thanks for NWFA!!!!!!

In the past I always attended the gun shows in the Portland area.

But since they have blocked off the parking area and started charging an arm and a leg for parking and to get into the show I stopped going. Its about a $20 bill to get into the place now days.

Why should we have to pay anything to buy from vendors trying to sell to customers. Would you pay for parking at the mall, how about a fee to get into the mall? Would you pay $10 to get into Dicks Sporting Goods to look at their products?

Pay to buy, now there is a concept. The shows were always free back in the 1960's and later. They should pay us to attend the shows, in my opinion.

I am sure the fees will just continue to go up and the younger folks programed to paying to look at products for sale will continue to go, but most of my friends, who are older have stopped attending.

I guess the overhead of operating the Expo Center and the downtown conference center has contributed to the high cost of the shows. So maybe its time to have the shows in Joes Barn out in Camby, or one of the gun ranges. Move them out to the country where the OH cost is not off the charts.

Why should we have to pay anything to buy from vendors trying to sell to customers. Would you pay for parking at the mall, how about a fee to get into the mall? Would you pay $10 to get into Dicks Sporting Goods to look at their products?

*SNIP*

They should pay us to attend the shows, in my opinion.

I am sure the fees will just continue to go up and the younger folks programed to paying to look at products for sale will continue to go, but most of my friends, who are older have stopped attending.

First, no one (young or old) is a fan of paying to go to the show. Second, it's not like paying to go to Dick's Sporting Goods. Any shop you are going to visit will have limited inventory in at least one area (i.e. firearm selection, ammunition, or accessories). Dick's is very limited when it comes to firearms. It has some hunting rifles and shotguns. The last I heard, they don't carry handguns. The show offers a better selection than any single store.

Having multiple stores at one location is a convenience. It means you don't have to drive all around (which also costs money) trying to see different firearms. Also, if you compare the shows with internet shopping, any company you buy from online will charge you for shipping. Normally it's between $7 and $10 for a small item (more for a firearm). If you buy multiple items from different online shops, that cost increases. If you get several items at the show instead, it can save you money. The shows are useful for certain things. While some dealers have garbage or charge outrageous prices, there are others who have good stuff and charge fair prices.

Personally I prefer the way W.A.C. does things but they can keep the cost of their shows down because they are not held in a major metropolitan area. They'll hold a show in Puyallup instead of Seattle. No one is doing that for the Portland area shooters.

For people who are really concerned about the cost of parking, they could take the Max. An all day round trip pass is about half the price of the parking and they won't have to deal with traffic. If they absolutely have to drive to the Expo (i.e. because they're buying ammo in bulk) add in the cost of the admission and parking to the cost of the item(s) being bought. If the price makes it not worth it, don't go.

While believing that they should pay people to attend is funny, it also illustrates the difference between fantasy and reality. Don't confuse the two.

the shows for me are alot like this forum, a chance to hang with people with similar interests share knowledge, educate yourself, make purchases as well as be entertained. It is more expensive than a movie ticket, especially know. Since the Wes Knodel shows have moved from the National Guard Armory back to the expo we have less options and it seems there are two companies putting on the same show kinda dilluting the market. I liked the way they used to be with three distinctly different shows at three different venues. especially since two of the three had lower entry fees and free parking..

Why should we have to pay anything to buy from vendors trying to sell to customers. Would you pay for parking at the mall, how about a fee to get into the mall? Would you pay $10 to get into Dicks Sporting Goods to look at their products?...
Welcome to downtown portland :s0112:

Personally I prefer the way W.A.C. does things but they can keep the cost of their shows down because they are not held in a major metropolitan area. They'll hold a show in Puyallup instead of Seattle. No one is doing that for the Portland area shooters...

Do these WAC events get advertised??? I understand its more of a membership than a open to the public event.

Do these WAC events get advertised??? I understand its more of a membership than a open to the public event.

I don't know what their advertising budget is, but their shows are not a secret.

<broken link removed>

When I went to the W.A.C. shows I was living in WA and was a member. The public can attend. The admission fee for non-members is $7 or $8 depending on where the show is located. Members attend for free after paying a membership fee. Now it's $35 per year.

When I attended the shows, you had to be a member to buy and sell firearms at the show. This is a big rule for them:

Firearm sales to &#8212; or purchases from &#8212; non-members or persons prohibited by law from firearms ownership/possession are totally forbidden. Violation will lead to immediate and permanent expulsion as a member of W.A.C.

Also if you are caught on premises with a loaded firearm (unless you are a law enforcement officer or their own privately contracted security), they will expel you as a member and toss you from the show. I once saw them toss a dealer over it.

To be a member you have to pass a NICS background check (the same thing as if you were buying a firearm from a dealer).

You'd have to talk to a current member to see what the deal is now. -My point in mentioning the W.A.C. was that at $25 - $35 a year it seemed like a good deal to go to a year's worth of gun shows.

I haven't seen any wide-spread advertising, but I have seen several mentions of the shows on various NW forums.

There are actually two WAC shows each month. One in Puyallup and one in Monroe. They are spaced two weeks apart. Both are in the local fairgrounds, and the indoor space utilized for the shows is massive. Members enter for free, and the public can pay $7 or $8, depending on the venue. You must be a member to purchase firearms. Parking is free at each location.

While not located in the "big" city, either venue is only a short drive for us locals. Might not be worth the drive up from down south, but if you're in the area, drop-in for a visit. The dates are on the web page:

<broken link removed>

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top