JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
DAAAAMN.jpg

Just slow your roll there Green Beret Delta Ranger SEAL. Yes, I think you are full of bubblegum.

Furthmore, it's not the 50s, 60s, or 70s anymore. I kinda expect you next to throw some line about, "all you wusses should be using smooth bore muskets!. Them's a real fighting man's weapon!"

You can question my "experience" all you want but, you cheapen your word when he make reference to "a man's weapon." If you have to carry a 45 ACP to feel like a man, you have WAY more problems than deciding on a caliber.
Gasp! The guy that has ventilated everybody with every caliber bullet called me a Green Beret Delta Ranger Seal and also says I'm full of it! What will I do? Oh yeah, I'll go back to my real world while you wallow in your filth. It's been fun. I'll leave you to the guy that knows that NO ONE fires one round. We have now seen this fools hand and can be totally sure who hasn't ever left his Mom's basement. You do know that when you claimed to engage folks with all those different calibers that we were talking about for-realsies, right? Enjoy your video games and Mommy's PBJ. Nothing is happening outside. Stay in like a good little boy and the rest of us will do the work of the men. You have validated all that I have said with your crazy off the rails crap.

Just because the 45 is old doesn't make it in any way obsolete. Our 2nd Amendment is pretty old as well and it works better than any other in the world. You can officially have your garbage and all that see it can see what you backed it up with.

Yes, but correctly engineered with modern materials (like a M-14) add an upgraded Sage-like stock for the DM role.
Here's a new article by a GI medic:

Combat Medic's Advice: "Shoot the heaviest rifle round…shoot at what (you) can hit, and then shoot it again"
By Dan Zimmerman on October 9, 2014
View attachment 107165
Reader JWT writes:
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...oot-heaviest-rifle-round-shoot-can-hit-shoot/

May I be the odd man out here? The author writes his article. Then he ends it by saying that when he switched to hollow points in his (hated) AR 15 it became his go-to deer gun.

So for the whole article he is talking about military ball ammo where most would suspect that heavier is better. He doesn't even like the .45 ACP. 9mm is no good. What?

But it's not apples to apples. I already stock expanding hollow points for defensive use in all of those guns but he left that idea as a footnote. He is reviewing only ball ammo and of course I'd think that heavier would be better.

May I be the odd man out here? The author writes his article. Then he ends it by saying that when he switched to hollow points in his (hated) AR 15 it became his go-to deer gun.

So for the whole article he is talking about military ball ammo where most would suspect that heavier is better. He doesn't even like the .45 ACP. 9mm is no good. What?

But it's not apples to apples. I already stock expanding hollow points for defensive use in all of those guns but he left that idea as a footnote. He is reviewing only ball ammo and of course I'd think that heavier would be better.
It's a poorly written article that a professional editor would have tossed back for a rewrite, such is the reality of the internet:cool:

Thanks for all the different views guys, but from what I can tell, I wasn't very far off from my original point. This wasn't about an actual real world change in our current military cartridges, but more of a thought experiment, but simply an inquiry about what individuals felt about the idea of a do all general purpose cartridge.

I also did not want to start another caliber war, and have little doubt the 5.56 is a perfectly capable round, along with the 7.62 x 39. My original intent was simply to ask, is there a better all around cartridge, and several have offered ideas, as well as alternative weapons to fire them. I really like the idea of a modified m-14 action, by the way. If we could continue along that vein, I would really appreciate that. There has been many good ideas, and would like to hear where they may lead.

Gasp! The guy that has ventilated everybody with every caliber bullet called me a Green Beret Delta Ranger Seal and also says I'm full of it! What will I do? Oh yeah, I'll go back to my real world while you wallow in your filth. It's been fun. I'll leave you to the guy that knows that NO ONE fires one round. We have now seen this fools hand and can be totally sure who hasn't ever left his Mom's basement. You do know that when you claimed to engage folks with all those different calibers that we were talking about for-realsies, right? Enjoy your video games and Mommy's PBJ. Nothing is happening outside. Stay in like a good little boy and the rest of us will do the work of the men. You have validated all that I have said with your crazy off the rails crap.

Just because the 45 is old doesn't make it in any way obsolete. Our 2nd Amendment is pretty old as well and it works better than any other in the world. You can officially have your garbage and all that see it can see what you backed it up with.

... Okay there little POGlit.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads