JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Even that might change with time as missions now put women in combat zones with regular Army/Guard/State Guard/State Defense Force. Age, I believe 17, is the age of consent for regular enlistments. Remember, ROTC in some high schools still exist in parts of the country along with Young Marines, Scouts, CAP, have some military training and who knows what skills can be asked for and used. All kinds of stories through out time of underage joining an organized army and others . Myself a Reserve US Marine at age 17 while a senior in high school. Ten days after graduation, active duty time.
Still age 17. Could not vote, drink, or a lot of other things legally. Real life,
there are no boundaries, and you can give it up adult or not. Same way a female can end up being a combat involved person.

Even though the contents of the report are absolutely factual regarding the likely political affiliations of militias, I completely disagree with the entire concept of the Dept. of Homeland Security and with almost every action they have taken in the absurd quest for "safety."

... Even though the contents of the report are absolutely factual regarding the likely political affiliations of militias,..."

ROTFLMAO! The threat against liberty does not come from the militias.

Here is the latest smackdown in Missouri.

JEFFERSON CITY | The Missouri State Highway Patrol on Wednesday retracted a controversial report on militia activity and will change how such reports are reviewed before being distributed to law enforcement agencies.

The announcement followed a press conference in which Lt. Gov. Peter Kinder suggested putting the director of public safety on administrative leave and investigating how the report was produced.

The controversy revolves around a report prepared last month by the Missouri Information Analysis Center, a so-called "fusion center" for local, state and federal law enforcement agencies to collaborate on domestic security issues.

The report concerns militia movements in Missouri and across the United States and describes how they have evolved over the last several years.

more...

Last Edited:
ROTFLMAO! The threat against liberty does not come from the militias.
No one here is saying it does...but the report is factual about citing trends among militias. It might not be popular to profile people in such a manner but it is still factual. The problem is they are trying to make it somehow seem sinister to support a 3rd party candidate.

The realities they are summarizing are true...it is the conclusions they are drawing from those realities that are faulty.

People also need to remember that being a member of a militia might mean you are more likely to be involved in "fringe politics"...but being involved in "fringe politics" does not mean you are in a militia.

No one here is saying it does...but the report is factual about citing trends among militias. It might not be popular to profile people in such a manner but it is still factual. The problem is they are trying to make it somehow seem sinister to support a 3rd party candidate.

The realities they are summarizing are true...it is the conclusions they are drawing from those realities that are faulty.

People also need to remember that being a member of a militia might mean you are more likely to be involved in "fringe politics"...but being involved in "fringe politics" does not mean you are in a militia.

Well said.

I agree with you Playboy. I think someone's idea for a term paper, like a decade ago questions asked to a group of Marines if they would participate in a door to door gun search. Pretty stupid, as most Marines I know, follow as a whole, only LAWFUL orders ! Lot of people are involved in Homeland S.
starting with the Coast Guard, Civil Air Patrol, and most likely some I missed.
You may not be aware that the Oregon Guard will be thin this year due to
deployments. I't's been in the news that K falls air wing and Medford/Ashland will go, or have gone as a unit. There are no major military bases in Oregon.
Just some camps that are mostly training for Oregon Guard units I think. On a National level, Fema and Homeland, I'm not sure where the fault is when things don't come together and work. Guess there is enough blame to go around.
There are some isolated areas in the state where the county resources can
run out in a matter of days. Yes slides, fires, and natural events can make
life very difficult, and the only resources have to come from the outside state and federal aid. Pretty much where you live will determine your needs or resources. Like Katrina, long periods without attention compounds any and all problems.
As far a any camps, logistics of manpower, food, and many other considerations, at least in this state doesn't seem to be a practical idea.
Also the state is pretty well BROKE, with any endevor costing big bucks for
this type of coverage. Could let Pelican Bay inmates loose, near the state boarder, leaving plenty of room for bad citizens! Hopefully the power that are, will realize there isn't much of a profit to be gained. It costs more to keep a prisoner locked up then what average person earns.
Whatever type, Militas may be the only citizen order left. Police protection has, and is dwindling due to the economy, and people feel they are paying enough or too many taxes now. There is a feeling that additional money for police protection isn't going to happen, and it continues downward.
Really no easy answers and may not be any answer. Call me stupid, but I'm not ready to join rumor or the panic crowd just yet.
Oops, forgot an important what if, and that is extented power outage. Anyone who hasn't had the experience might have some fun dealing with it.
It is very real, and this area some time back had less than a week of it. Some
were struggling, while others an unexpected camp out. Way too large of a subject to have an exact science game plan!:D

CRAP!!!!!!! I wrote this long thing and my computer locked up!!!! OK. Help me out, here. What do "fusion centers" (intelligence coordination centers) and Xmas Valley, a military site currently used for training and being proposed for other uses, such as an evac center, have in common?

I see no problem with intelligence coordination. It was the communications barriers between FBI, local law enforcement, military intel and CIA that contributed to our inability to predict 9/11. I also agree with Penguin that the article on militia's is crap. It's not even well-written! However, I have no problem with the government keeping tabs on fringe groups which display subversive behaviors. How does one know the difference between a terrorist camp and a bunch of gun-loving sportsmen, if not by watching and collecting intelligence?

However, as a champion of limited government, I applaud your vigilence in defending your liberty.

To piggy back on Oohrah's last part, I would like to point out that the 12/07 coastal storm knocked out all power from Cannon Beach to Astoria and closed all roads over the mountains to the coast. It was an Air National Guard generator that kept the radio station in Astoria on the air, and the dialysis machines at the hospital working. The community was totally unprepared for that outage and isolation. Rememeber also the Portland flood of 96, the flooding of I-5 at Centralia two years in a row, the flooding of Vernonia, and the susceptibility of this area for earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanos.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top