JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So what you are saying is that if there is a flood or you loose power that you want to go to a "fusion center"? I am going to pass on that little picnic. An any type of emergency the government is going to be the last place I look to for help.

Boss........ you don't GO to a fusion center. A fusion center is a law enforcement intelligence coordination center. The proposed evacuation centers are not fusion centers. Believe me, I am a staunch supporter of limited government, but they do have a legitimate role to play in protecting the public. My ooint in jumping into this thread is that it appears to be confusing the two things together.

The point I was trying to make by posting is they are flagging people as possible militia because they support a legit Republican candidate for president because he was an odd one out. That is total BS.

"If you're an anti-abortion activist, or if you display political paraphernalia supporting a third-party candidate or a certain Republican member of Congress, if you possess subversive literature, you very well might be a member of a domestic paramilitary group".

Our government is watching us and therefore not as much on the real criminal, bad guys, thugs, drug dealer, child molesters etc. etc. etc.

I see your point Hunterdad. I just doubt the accuracy and letimacy of that article. Even if it is true, though, I doubt it is anything new. The government has always watched "subversive" groups, as it should. The government has always watched political parties. There has always been SOME profiling. But I doubt very seriously that supporting Ron Paul is going to get you on a watch list.

Boss........ you don't GO to a fusion center. A fusion center is a law enforcement intelligence coordination center. The proposed evacuation centers are not fusion centers. Believe me, I am a staunch supporter of limited government, but they do have a legitimate role to play in protecting the public. My ooint in jumping into this thread is that it appears to be confusing the two things together.

Oh I see. Thanks for pointing that out.

Totally agree with 9Mill. Even the Oregon Guard is an organized, armed militia
until they are Federalized. Profiling, admitted or not has always been used by
law enforcement in some form, and in some cases perhaps in excess. Even if these fusion camps were to be used to detain, who would man them and where do you think this man power would come from. :s0131:

The point I was trying to make by posting is they are flagging people as possible militia because they support a legit Republican candidate for president because he was an odd one out. That is total BS.

"If you're an anti-abortion activist, or if you display political paraphernalia supporting a third-party candidate or a certain Republican member of Congress, if you possess subversive literature, you very well might be a member of a domestic paramilitary group".

Our government is watching us and therefore not as much on the real criminal, bad guys, thugs, drug dealer, child molesters etc. etc. etc.

This is the key point of the problem, they need to focus on real problems instead of broadening their classification of what is an enemy of the state or Orwellian thought crimes.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top