Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Fusion arms,Bob Serva and quality

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by mjbskwim, Nov 20, 2011.

1. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

OK I got all enlightened by AndyH and the Cougarfan about Fusion firearms and this Serva guy. I read most of the article,seems like a smart guy.
    Then I see he makes a 10mm 1911 (you two just cost me $1200+ I'm sure) Now I need to hold one of these,shoot one of these,but mostly know if someone has seen a Fusion in person
    Are they of good quality?
    Will it be all that he says it is?
    Should I just do the DW 10mm?
    Colt ?

I like the long slide,5"+ barrels

BTW I already have the G20 and I know I can get 2 for the price of any one of these.I'm weening myself off glocks

Thanks
    Mike

2. AndyH

AndyH Keizer, Oregon Well-Known Member

Well don't blame me but.... I have owned three different Fusions over the years, one CCO and two government models. I only had one problem with the three and that was a broken thumb saftey on my CCO and Bob had it fixed and back to me in less than a week. All three have been extremely accurate and the fit and finish on them is top notch.

I would recommend them to anyone, I currently don't own one or I would be happy to let you check it out.

Andy

3. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Never owned a Fusion myself, but have heard nothing but good things about them. Bob Serva definitely has a very strong reputation in the 1911 world. More can be found here:

Fusion Firearms - 1911Forum

4. Hammer_Man

Hammer_Man Hillsboro Member

Bob Serva used to be the guy in charge of Dan Wesson's 1911s if I'm not mistaken, so I'm sure his Fusion products will be of a similar quality.

5. mjbskwim

Yeah that helped a lot.
    There is some very nice pieces on that thread.
    But I'm thinking that $1200 is a little low for one of thses

6. MilesTeg

MilesTeg Troutdale, OR Active Member

I would dig around in the other 1911 brand sub forums a little more about Fusion. He has a large and vocal fan base and most are satisfied. I will only point out that the Dan Wesson line of 1911's improved in quality after Bob left and later formed his own company. Comparing the build and parts used in a current DW with one from his tenure is significant.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  7. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

And there have been quite a few people that were way less than happy and probably closer to pissed off. I think the big eye opener for me to avoid was with a member of GT "Hail Ceaser" if I recall.

hahaha yep that it be, read and decide:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=hai...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

8. mjbskwim

I always forget to google too.I do yahoo for some reason and don't get half as much
    Thanks

WOW that's ugly talk there

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  9. duginsky

duginsky Tualatin Active Member

Give Mr. Serva a call. He'd be glad to talk with you and to answer any questions. He stands by his products. I'd read the entire canon from Hail Caesar and couldn't help but detect some sort of bias. The internet is like that, though...

10. sheepman

sheepman Las Vegas NV Member

I have not owned or even shot a Fusion firearm so can not comment on them. You might want to check out 1911 Addicts there seems to be some strong opinions on there.

11. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

I'd be biased too if I ordered a semi custom and got that. The guys on 1911addicts are a great group as well!!

12. mjbskwim

I'm done with Fusion,think I'll keep looking.There is just too many bad threads about that company.
    Kinda like the 6.0 Ford diesel and the Cummins?
    The 6.0 has HELP threads and the cummins has What mods? threads
    Just too much negative on them.

Now to the next manufacturer of long slide 10mms........

13. haythrower

haythrower SW WA Member

I have a Fusion 9mm Commander that I bought off of GB. I also have a full size 10mm Dan Wesson. The Fusion is just a pleasure to shoot, very reliable and just a really nice piece. The 10mm is also very good, but I did have to contact Wesson to adjust the ejector as it wasn't right out of the box. I would guess the Wesson would be a little lower cost, and available sooner.

14. MilesTeg

MilesTeg Troutdale, OR Active Member

I'll send you a link to an excellent smith who will tune a DW to compete or out compete even Baer's and other custom/semi custom 1911's. You can also purchase the pistol from him as well for quite a good price. I recently did a DW Valor with 2 barrels that were hard fitted (1 threaded, 1 crowned) added a flat 10-8 trigger and a few other tweaks. OUTSTANDING pistol!

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.