JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK I got all enlightened by AndyH and the Cougarfan about Fusion firearms and this Serva guy. I read most of the article,seems like a smart guy.
Then I see he makes a 10mm 1911 (you two just cost me $1200+ I'm sure) Now I need to hold one of these,shoot one of these,but mostly know if someone has seen a Fusion in person
Are they of good quality?
Will it be all that he says it is?
Should I just do the DW 10mm?
Colt ?

I like the long slide,5"+ barrels

BTW I already have the G20 and I know I can get 2 for the price of any one of these.I'm weening myself off glocks

Thanks
Mike

Well don't blame me but.... I have owned three different Fusions over the years, one CCO and two government models. I only had one problem with the three and that was a broken thumb saftey on my CCO and Bob had it fixed and back to me in less than a week. All three have been extremely accurate and the fit and finish on them is top notch.

I would recommend them to anyone, I currently don't own one or I would be happy to let you check it out.

Andy

I would dig around in the other 1911 brand sub forums a little more about Fusion. He has a large and vocal fan base and most are satisfied. I will only point out that the Dan Wesson line of 1911's improved in quality after Bob left and later formed his own company. Comparing the build and parts used in a current DW with one from his tenure is significant.

I would dig around in the other 1911 brand sub forums a little more about Fusion. He has a large and vocal fan base and most are satisfied. I will only point out that the Dan Wesson line of 1911's improved in quality after Bob left and later formed his own company. Comparing the build and parts used in a current DW with one from his tenure is significant.

And there have been quite a few people that were way less than happy and probably closer to pissed off. I think the big eye opener for me to avoid was with a member of GT "Hail Ceaser" if I recall.

hahaha yep that it be, read and decide:
https://www.google.com/search?q=hai...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Give Mr. Serva a call. He'd be glad to talk with you and to answer any questions. He stands by his products. I'd read the entire canon from Hail Caesar and couldn't help but detect some sort of bias. The internet is like that, though...

I'm done with Fusion,think I'll keep looking.There is just too many bad threads about that company.
Kinda like the 6.0 Ford diesel and the Cummins?
The 6.0 has HELP threads and the cummins has What mods? threads
Just too much negative on them.

Now to the next manufacturer of long slide 10mms........

I have a Fusion 9mm Commander that I bought off of GB. I also have a full size 10mm Dan Wesson. The Fusion is just a pleasure to shoot, very reliable and just a really nice piece. The 10mm is also very good, but I did have to contact Wesson to adjust the ejector as it wasn't right out of the box. I would guess the Wesson would be a little lower cost, and available sooner.

I'm done with Fusion,think I'll keep looking.There is just too many bad threads about that company.
Kinda like the 6.0 Ford diesel and the Cummins?
The 6.0 has HELP threads and the cummins has What mods? threads
Just too much negative on them.

Now to the next manufacturer of long slide 10mms........

I'll send you a link to an excellent smith who will tune a DW to compete or out compete even Baer's and other custom/semi custom 1911's. You can also purchase the pistol from him as well for quite a good price. I recently did a DW Valor with 2 barrels that were hard fitted (1 threaded, 1 crowned) added a flat 10-8 trigger and a few other tweaks. OUTSTANDING pistol!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top