JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
maybe we should all chip in, and get kevinkriss a Re-Education Tutor, so he can see the error in his former teachers Instructions...

I'll start, I have a Shiny 2014 Penny, Not worth the Copper flash plated on the Zinc....

Will anybody be willing to match that amount? :rolleyes:

philip

Revisionist History Writers should be drawn & quartered, not by Unicorns... But by Wild Stallions. Held in check until the ropes are tightly upon the writer.

Then we should gather all the FUTURE revisionist Writers and ~suggest~ they could learn from what they see, and Write Truth, or be ready for a Wild Stallion Ride, upon publishing truth, as they Revise it.

I hate to tell you this, but I'm gonna.
Those revisionist history writers are now the presidents and editors-in-chief of media companies worldwide. Or they're tenured professors in the thousands of liberal arts colleges and universities across the US, and around the globe.
They have been put in charge of teaching everything from political science and literature, to journalism classes.

It's not only the message, it's also in the telling, and who is doing the telling. Facts are irrelevant to these people.
These are people who have embraced the notion that "truth" is a philosophical construct that should reflect one's perspective, and that their version of it is more important, and relevant to the recording of history, than the facts.

I am reminded of a little snippet from the film Raiders of the Lost Ark, where professor Indiana Jones tells his class "Archeology is the search for facts. If it's truth you're looking for, there's a philosophy class down the hall."

My only hope is that someday, archeologists will have a greater voice in recorded history and its lessons.
Until then, we're stuck with the revisionists.
And will continue to suffer for it.

my (step)grandfather's cigar box full of medals from north africa and italy must just have been a figment of my imagination. Artillery, forward observer, he never was quite sure which side of the line he was on.

YES, Americans are war mongers, you want to make something of it? Talk about stupid accusations, like asking if a junkyard dog will bite.

Jaimie6.5, you did not share a ~Single Thing~ which I did not Know Already.

Not arguing here, but a suggestive response: had you stopped to think about My use of the Term Revisionist History, that should of told you much, about BoonDocks.

I was 9 Months in Country Republic VietNam, when Richard "Tricky Di ck" Nixon informed America, that He had "That Day" ordered American Troops, into Cambodia.

In fact, due to our location... which was only 6.5 Kilometers EAST of the Ho Chi Minh Trail.... Otherwise known as the Cambodian Border....
Our Company, the 187th As sault Helicopter Company known by their call sign, "The Crusaders".... Was The First Aviation Company to haul "legal troops" into that ~Invasion~

I say "legal" because Grape Vine History, had a Company across the flight line, which was BLACK OPS, and had been doing Daily flights into the Cambodian areas used by NVA. They had been doing so, for Eighteen Months ..... fast forward, 30 days..

Mr. Tricky announced that "All Troops were Out of Cambodia, and etc., etc., ETC."

However, we had APC's that had driven HARD, Fast into Cambodia, and when they got their order to turn back... It took them a Full Week, after NIX ON said we're out.

I learned then, 1970, about the Government controlling (our) Media.

I did not learn the term "revisionist history" until later, much later :rolleyes:

My point, you can be in the Stark Raving MIDDLE of History being Revised, and not know that term, but KNOW it is happening.

sp/5 BoonDocks, 'Splaining the Real Viet Nam, in ~His AO~ only, I know by grapevine other similar stories. :confused:

No argument at all Boonie36. Thanks for your service.

The point of my post was to point out that these people will never be drawn and quartered or otherwise punished, as they've contaminated the narrative for 50 years or more. It is now the accepted practice, and is taught in advanced journalism classes.
It started with some of the most respected names in journalism. People like Edward R. Murrow and Walter Cronkite spent years refining the technique and winning the industry over to their side.
The chance(s) of changing it is/are near nil.
The only chance of punishing them is to stop buying their stuff. But 'Mericans are too happy being led by the nose(ring) to ever do that.
But please, do what you can do.

PS:
You guys may have seen my brother's tank company coming back into tRVN from their jaunt into Cambodia when you were on your way in.
His company of the 11th ACR (Blackhorse) had already been there for 30 days when Tricky Dick said we were going in. They had mopped up and were headed home.
My bro didn't talk much about his time "in country," but that was one instance he shared with me, that set me on this path of recognition of when I'm being lied to.
And by whom.

Last Edited:
Anyone who studies WWII is eventually going to ask if the atomic bombs were necessary and the answer can be influenced by a lot of factors. Presentation, personal / family history and a hundred other things will help you to determine whether you agree with the decision to use atomic bombs. I'm not old enough to have been there and even my grandparents weren't old enough to be there (1 joined the Navy at 16 in 1944).

As I have studied, I think that it was necessary when I look at the Battle of Okinawa. It was the last major battle against Japan with 75,000+ Japanese casualties, 60,000+ Allied casualties and 50,000+ civilian casualties. The island was turned into a series of fortified positions and the Japanese used a large number of Kamikaze attacks. Eventually, the Allies won the island and started to prepare for an attack on mainland Japan. Less than 2 months later, the first atomic bomb was dropped at Hiroshima. The Japanese did not surrender. Then the Soviets broke the Soviet–Japanese Neutrality Pact and declared war on Japan, the US dropped an atomic bomb on Nagasaki and the emperor ordered a surrender. Then there was an attempt by the military to overthrow the emperor in an effort to continue the war. The coup attempt failed and the surrender was completed in September.

In military history there are only a few examples of battles being won without casualties for the victor. The dropping of atomic bombs resulted in over 200,000 casualties to the Japanese using only a few bombers. If we had closed WWII with the Battle of Japan, we would probably read about a 2nd D-Day situation with brutal landings and the fights to conquer Japan would have been similar to Okinawa, Italy and and Germany. The million casualty estimate get thrown around a lot but I'm glad we don't know how accurate that was.

Last Edited:
I wasn't alive during WW II (born in '46) so I can't and won't armchair the decision to drop the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. That had to be a horrendous decision to make.

I did serve in Viet Nam 1965, '66, '67, '70, '71 and '72. 173d Airborne Brigade as a grunt. Only thing I can say is...."Best job I've ever had."

Fury was a great movie depicting what motivates men to decide to sacrifice their own lives to save others.

wow clearly we have some dense people. you people seem to think i believe we had no reason to go to war with japan. i have already admitted i made a mistake with some of their actions. all of you are crazy for thinking i am defending them solely as victims. the only thing i believe our guys did wrong was drop nuclear bombs on innocent people. none of you can tell me that women and children that had nothing to do with fighting the war deserved to be killed in mass like that and if you do, i suggest you seek help. even if the women did anything to aid the war effort you still cannot say children fall into acceptable targets. that would be like saying we should execute the children of murderers along with their guilty parents. all of you getting hung up on that should do some serious soul searching.
war is ugly kid..real ugly

war is ugly kid..real ugly

This might take the thread in a different direction but oh well

One of the things that kept running through my mind while watching Fury was just how tough that generation of Americans really were. I'm convinced that we could never fight a war like that again and win. We have had it soft for way too many years, hopefully that doesn't come back to bite us in the bubblegum in the future.

18 to 25 year olds can be physically whipped into shape in surprisingly short order.
Getting them mentally in shape for responsibility and hardship may be much harder.
Having a civilian population that can handle rationing, deprivation, and carnage while supporting the effort of a "total war" could be almost beyond our abilities.

Finding enough truly a-political, fighting Generals and Officers may be a bigger concern though.

Electing enough politicians able to tell real from imagined threats and act unwaveringly, without bending or allowing undue influence to skew their decisions for personal gain ..... not likely.

Last Edited:
I have my doubts about whipping some of today's generation into shape.

pajama-boy.jpg

I wholeheartedly disagree about the current crop of US warriors being inferior. I just don't see how disparaging remarks about our current military makes a particular generation better. For the life of me, I just can't understand why people feel the need to cut down our people.

This is kinda getting away from the subject of this thread but I would like to interject. I work at the VA hospital and see all generations of vets everyday. My Grandfather, a WW2 and Korea vet is 94 and although in good shape he does have problems but, never complains about anything. Then there are the vets of all ages that come in for a simple procedure and are whining profusely. The nurses I work with roll there eyes because they know that some are putting on a show. I am a disabled vet and in constant pain from a number of things but because I have a family to care for I grit my teeth and work through it, something that was passed down from my Grandfather.

I wholeheartedly disagree about the current crop of US warriors being inferior. I just don't see how disparaging remarks about our current military makes a particular generation better. For the life of me, I just can't understand why people feel the need to cut down our people.

Noone made disparaging remarks about the military, we were talking about Americans as a whole.

Yes, the pool of young civilians willing to risk life and limb for a unified cause seems to be shrinking in this divided Country of ours. Not cutting down those in the Military now or in the recent past.

And even among the willing, the pool of those medically eligible is also contracting as standards seem to get ever nitpickier and various physiological and psych pathologies ever more common.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top