JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
wow clearly we have some dense people. you people seem to think i believe we had no reason to go to war with japan. i have already admitted i made a mistake with some of their actions. all of you are crazy for thinking i am defending them solely as victims. the only thing i believe our guys did wrong was drop nuclear bombs on innocent people. none of you can tell me that women and children that had nothing to do with fighting the war deserved to be killed in mass like that and if you do, i suggest you seek help. even if the women did anything to aid the war effort you still cannot say children fall into acceptable targets. that would be like saying we should execute the children of murderers along with their guilty parents. all of you getting hung up on that should do some serious soul searching.

You might want to bring that subject up with a WW2 vet. My father among many others is probably alive due to Little Boy and Fat Man. He had recovered from being torn open by machine gun fire and was on a ship headed back to prepare for that invasion when the bombs were dropped ending the war. I won't do the research for you, but hunt down the estimates they made for the mainland invasion of Japan, and the cost in terms of lives.

upload_2014-11-4_9-27-37.jpeg

Plus the fact that the drop zone for Little Boy was virtually within spitting distance of their Southern Military District Headquarters, the command tasked with preparing the ops plans to counter the coming Operation OLYMPIC invasion, along with hosting a rather large naval base.

FACT: Hiroshima WAS a legitimate military target. And with their intentions having been "resist to the last man, woman or child"...

OPTION 1: two atomic bombs, two cities with high value military targets destroyed. OPTION 2: Over a MILLION Allied KIA or serious casualties (seriously, the Navy was expecting to have to build a whole new FLEET of hospital ships to take care of all the wounded), plus the virtual extermination of all human life on the Japanese Home Islands. Do The Math...

...... OPTION 2: Over a MILLION Allied KIA or serious casualties (seriously, the Navy was expecting to have to build a whole new FLEET of hospital ships to take care of all the wounded), plus the virtual extermination of all human life on the Japanese Home Islands. Do The Math...

Not to mention the Soviet Union being involved.

........And how'd that turn out for eastern Europe? And especially Poland?

you cannot seriously think im the delusional one to think that the war was over. the documents leading to the decision to use the nuclear weapons have been released. maybe you guys should look them up. they all say it was a power play to show the russians the technology we had developed and had nothing to do with ending war with japan. some of them had even suggested just leaving the japanese alone because they had no way to fight effectively. the russians had already closed in and the japanese were on their last leg.

instead of pretending to know why the bombs were dropped maybe you should read the letters of the people making the decision. its well known the emperor had recorded his message to his nation the day before the bombs were dropped.

Nature abhors a vacuum...Just leaving them alone and weakened for the Russians to take wasn't an option. Whether the God Emperor recorded a speech or a nursery rhyme doesn't matter if it wasn't broadcast or otherwise disseminated (maybe it was posted on his Facebook page ?maybe he should have recorded it 2 months earlier?) It could only be ended with a formal, unconditional surrender and not a public service announcement . That's how wars were fought and that's how wars were ended.
Kicking Iraq out of Kuwait but not finishing the job left Iraq weak and gave Iran top dog status to screw with their rival...Schwarzkopf knew what would happen but was unable to convince the political generals and politicians.
Patton knew this about the Russians and it's probably what got him "accidented", so the iron curtain went up on 50 years of cold war instead. Japan became an industrial giant and the eastern Europeans....well...not so much.

you cannot seriously think im the delusional one to think that the war was over. the documents leading to the decision to use the nuclear weapons have been released. maybe you guys should look them up. they all say it was a power play to show the russians the technology we had developed and had nothing to do with ending war with japan. some of them had even suggested just leaving the japanese alone because they had no way to fight effectively. the russians had already closed in and the japanese were on their last leg.

instead of pretending to know why the bombs were dropped maybe you should read the letters of the people making the decision. its well known the emperor had recorded his message to his nation the day before the bombs were dropped.

Ya, that's what happens when you procrastinate.:D

You demonstrate an utter lack of historical knowledge, and you call US dense and say WE need help? :rolleyes:

The problem with most "modern" Americans is that they're used to "video game" warfare. All nice and tidy, only the "bad guys" die and get their stuff broken. All viewed from the comfort of their living rooms on the big screen TV that's sitting next to the full refrigerator, and playing "Call of Duty" on the computer.

Utterly CLUELESS! o_O

maybe i said it facetiously before but now i really think you guys should get some help.

:D I am sorry, after reading your post I didn't think you were serious. I thought you were just trolling the thread to stir up a little hate and discontent. I politely back out of this conversation because I see no future in it. Facts seem to bother you so I will move on.o_O

by

:D I am sorry, after reading your post I didn't think you were serious. I thought you were just trolling the thread to stir up a little hate and discontent. I politely back out of this conversation because I see no future in it. Facts seem to bother you so I will move on.o_O

bye

There I fixed it for ya.

I agree. I'm done too. There are some who no matter how many facts are presented will never either understand or believe them. :s0013:

I think I'll go over and enjoy solv3nt's 1911 pictures (again). :s0001:

Last Edited:
Hell, if the left hates this movie I'm going to have to go see it.

I was going to see Interstellar. But won't since Matthew McConaughey made my list of idiots I refuse to see in a movie given his views on the second amendment.

I think you would love Fury. I'd go as far as saying it should be shown in high schools along with Saving Private Ryan

i dont recall hearing anything about the japanese executing anyone except for solders. although i do understand the innate risk in the carpet bombing of the day but our leaders of the time knew they were targeting residential areas with the atom bombs. when it comes to WW2 our guys only did to thing anyone can call immoral and they called them fat man and little boy.

also i dont see how that video has to do with anything i said coastal.

Do you know about the Japanese Biological Warfare experiment's?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

How about their forcing thousands of Korean Women in to Sex Slavery to service their soldiers?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comfort_women

How about the Japanese in Manila?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manila_massacre

Hiroshima was chosen by the target committee because it was an embarkation port and industrial center that was the site of a major military headquarters

Nagasaki had been one of the largest seaports in southern Japan, and was of great wartime importance because of its wide-ranging industrial activity, including the production of ordnance, ships, military equipment, and other war materials. The four largest companies in the city were Mitsubishi Shipyards, Electrical Shipyards, Arms Plant, and Steel and Arms Works,

Want any other history explained to you?

maybe you guys should look them up. they all say it was a power play to show the russians the technology we had developed and had nothing to do with ending war with japan. .
Haven't read the whole thread but on showing the Russians, that was also a valid reason to go ahead and bomb. Icing on the cake if you will!

The fact that these blood thirsty fanatics, (see The Nanking Massacre, also known as the Rape of Nanking) were going to fight till the end and beyond (last one surrendered in 1973? I believe) more than justifies the use of the Bombs anyway.
Americans had lost enough blood and treasure by that time to not put a quick decisive end to WWII.

These weapons have BTW kept the West in relative peace all these years! Probably saving many, many more lives than they have killed.

My views on this subject don't keep me from occasionally watching one of my favorite all time movies though.
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)

Mutually assured destruction is a scary gamble:eek:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads