JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In my opinion, he's a dealer. It's one thing if he has a finite supply, say 10-20 barrels he bought because he thought he might not be able to get them later with the election of Obama or they are items he received in trade for services or goods. It's another to basically be in the business of selling them where his inventory is getting replenished, he uses the website's marketplace for his business, and he refuses to get a vendor account.

-I don't know if you ever can really curtail the activities of small dealers without ruining it for the larger group. There used to be an individual on AR15.com who routinely had new gun accessories for sale. He didn't have a merchant account and the inventory was always shifting. As far as I know, AR15.com never stopped him or interfered with his activities because they could never tell for certain whether he was merely an active trader or someone who was running a small side business.

This highlights where it gets tricky, I personally, on a different website have ordered in 11 items (car accessories) to get a price break on the one I wanted and pre-sold these items at cost. I would like to see a way to not alienate these kind of transactions that are not for profit but as a benefit to the members as a whole

It's not that I'm in favor of more rules. However, we all know the first defense someone has is "There's no rule that says I can't." Maybe you just have to state that the Moderators have the discretion to curtail activities if they suspect a person is a vendor. It could lead to more problems with a lack of clear criteria, but like I have said repeatedly, it's a balancing act. Too many rules and it becomes Byzantine as to what is and what it not allowed. That would turn many people off. Too few rules, and you have anarchy where everyone does whatever he wants and the greediest ruin it for everyone.

I'll give an example of why someone would refrain from posting in the general forum sections:
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13279
I attempted to participate in post #2 and share a Real-World experience that I got tied-up in several years ago,only to be slammed in post #8 of the same thread by some idiot who doesn't have a clue! Yes,I post stuff in the classifieds, and Yes, I have a made a couple modest $$-contributions. I read quite a bit of the other stuff,but I don't jump-in on most of it for that reason.
I completely agree that having too many posts in the classifieds can be annoying, but this thread seems to have turned into an attack on classified-users. No problem; I'll kill-off my ads and refrain from posting any more on this site in the future.

I'm sorry Paul. That's not getting slammed. That was someone disagreeing with you. That happens all the time here. In fact I think I've been disagreed with about a dozen times in this thread alone. It happens when you have good discussions on topics. This thread is simply a way we can discuss possibilities to improve this site. Whether my ideas are implemented or not, its been worth the time because lots of good issues have been brought up.

Hopefully cooler heads will prevail and you won't pull your ads and quit posting. But if you're that upset over what was said in the thread you referenced, with all due respect, you need to grow some thicker skin. Even if you were slammed. Stop contributing to that thread and move onto another topic. Hopefully this message finds you still an active member. :s0155:

Not yet, unless that decision is status quo. Same bubblegum today. 9 ads by one person on the front page. I know the Mods work hard, and I don't expect a overnight decision. I was sort of hoping the idiots would read this and catch on. Perhaps change their actions by their own accord, rather than by force. But that was wishful thinking...

Not yet, unless that decision is status quo. Same bubblegum today. 9 ads by one person on the front page. I know the Mods work hard, and I don't expect a overnight decision. I was sort of hoping the idiots would read this and catch on. Perhaps change their actions by their own accord, rather than by force. But that was wishful thinking...

You could just buy all of them,and maybe he will actually close the threads...:eek:

You really don't want to give me that power boys. Some of you wouldn't enjoy it all that much...

Trust me that job would drive a guy nuts, without a software solution a guy would have to check a members old posts every time an Ad was posted, I'd be on the rooftop with the sniper rifle after about a week of trying to sort that mess out! :p

You really don't want to give me that power boys. Some of you wouldn't enjoy it all that much...

Trust me that job would drive a guy nuts, without a software solution a guy would have to check a members old posts every time an Ad was posted, I'd be on the rooftop with the sniper rifle after about a week of trying to sort that mess out! :p

I thought you were already there? :s0131: :D

For us Supporting Vendors, when did the pricing jump so much and if we choose to have our "section" removed, can we go back to posting in the regular classifieds?

It seems that a lot of our stuff is over looked due to the crazy bumping and ad placements in the normal classified ads.

Just curious as I went to renew my Vendor Status and noticed it at least tripled since the last time I paid! =-)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top