JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What are the chances of making a rule in the classified section about combining ads? Currently, there's an individual with eight ads on the front page of the rifle section. It's honestly a bit obnoxious to post an ad and then have someone bump eight of their ads to the front page...

Perhaps making some rule about no more than two ads open per classified section? It would also force people to close expired ads. Two birds with one stone?

The idea is good but over time once these ads start to sell or pass to the 2nd page and others are bumped in front they will start to disperse.

Imagine this:
Your selling 6 rifles. All in one thread. How would you title it?
"I have 6 rifles for sale?"
It's really handy to see the name of the specific gun or item in the title. I did see what you are talking about earlier and it doesn't really bother me too much. I'd hope to get the coverage if i were to sell off my arms.

$.02

What are the chances of making a rule in the classified section about combining ads? Currently, there's an individual with eight ads on the front page of the rifle section. It's honestly a bit obnoxious to post an ad and then have someone bump eight of their ads to the front page...

Perhaps making some rule about no more than two ads open per classified section? It would also force people to close expired ads. Two birds with one stone?

I personally would also like to see something along these lines.

That's good.

And yes, just title the ad rifles for sale. People can click on the ad to see what's there. Something like this:

WTS OR: Six Rifles (Rem, Ruger, Winchester, etc)

It would work and it would keep the ads cleaned up. Yeah, so you actually have to click on ads to see what all is in it. But the next time you have an ad, it will stay on the front page longer than 20 minutes. Longer on the front page is easier to scan for those shopping (looking for current ads is obnoxious when you have to scan through six pages for a two-day old ad) and nicer for the seller with increased front page time.

I think AR15.com has a policy like this (no more than two open ads, or no more than two on the front page, or something). No one there seems to be complaining. I admit, I like to sell on the classifieds. I get bored with guns quick and do a lot of trading. I don't frequent this sight specifically for the classifieds (I also have almost 700 other posts here in the last nine months or so).

So like I said, no more than two open ads per section (rifle, pistols, accessories, etc.). That seems like a reasonable concept. Look forward to seeing what the Mods come up with for this...

Still nothing Mods? What is this, the major league baseball rules committee? People have to post seven threads in a row in one section instead of one ad with seven items?

I think he was referencing to the "reconciliation" of the unwanted and highly unpopular "obama-care"

I believe he is alluding to the fact there is some bi-partisanship in the decision making of this forum, although not a lot of transparency of the process... :eek:

Yes, Jay. I don't live in a hole, so I got the reference.

And I was alluding to the fact that even bi-partisanship decision making should not take very long.

Yeah. I'm not looking for reconciliation tactics here. But really. More than a dozen separate threads just in one section on one page? Is it that hard to combine them into at least maybe two threads? I know the moderators and Joey work hard for this sight, but this needs fixing...
I'm not sure that I'm in favor of a minimum number of threads to use the classified section. But at least have a rule about no more than two active threads per section. That way we don't have to worry about wading through 13 ads from the same person...

Currently, there's an individual with eight ads on the front page of the rifle section. It's honestly a bit obnoxious to post an ad and then have someone bump eight of their ads to the front page...

I agree with you 100% I find it selfish for these people to dominate page 1 of the classifieds. If you check these peoples old posts they are all Ads and no posts in the open forum which to me means they aren't really one of us but really just slick car salesman using NWFA to make a buck off the gun community.

That actually is one of the changes we have discussed.

Yeah. I'm not looking for reconciliation tactics here. But really. More than a dozen separate threads just in one section on one page? Is it that hard to combine them into at least maybe two threads? I know the moderators and Joey work hard for this sight, but this needs fixing...
I'm not sure that I'm in favor of a minimum number of threads to use the classified section. But at least have a rule about no more than two active threads per section. That way we don't have to worry about wading through 13 ads from the same person...

I agree with you 100%:s0155:

I don't care for the multiple gun ads. A nice clean ad with the item named in the heading is nice for browsing.

Yeah, until you have to look through six pages of ads to find the ad for the gun you wanted to look at that was posted YESTERDAY! I don't mind a couple of ads. But 13 clean, one gun ads? Even you have to admit that's overkill...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top