JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So the missus has decided it's time for a new sofa & loveseat. I've decided that if we're going to do it, we're going to do it right. So we're on the hunt for American made, leather furniture.
Anyone got recommendations for furniture stores, from Albany to Pdx that sell quality furniture and don't hire failed used car salesman to work the floor?
Don't give a wet fart about brand names or designers, just want well made, fairly priced stuff, without the sales vultures circling while we shop.

Good luck. We shopped everywhere and couldn't find anything as comfortable as the leather set we got at Levitz 20+ yrs ago. Best we could find was at Macys, but even these are dissapointing. Might go back to bean bag chairs :)

I try to buy used on CL. I've found great deals on some TellCity and USA made Lexington brands. Lexington, since 1999 I think, has been importing and the percentage of imports growing ever since. I'm not sure if they even have any US factories anymore... Maybe Timberlake but I think even that line has some imports now.

The cheap-azz consumer wanted throw away furniture (use it until fashion changes in 18 months) and the makers had to bring it in from abroad to keep the prices down.

Me, I'll continue to have a bit out of date furniture but at least I know it was made my an American with American materials... albeit those poor folks are most likely now out of work.

Good luck in your search. Best I can suggest is asking the furniture store / department to show you only USA made. Let us know how it goes, btw.

It's a little outside your area, but try calling 'one stop' home furnishing in Camas, WA. Mom and pop type place, no used car salesmen. Good selection, locally made (at least the sectional we bought was).

I don't know WHY but we've bought from "More Furniture". I think more because they had what rang our bell at the time we were looking for, a love seat. It was in scratch-and-dent with the tiniest blemish, leather duel recliner. Something like 30% off. And bed pedestal with storage, mirrored headboard with shelves, and piers on either side with storage. No one else had anything close.

Costco usually has killer quality leather furniture for very reasonable prices.
I second Costco. they got good, top grain stuff alot of the time. got my couch from there and its stood up to a dobie using it as a bed.

That was my first thought, but the missus was there earlier in the week, says they've already started with the Christmas section, and cleared away the furntiture.
Costco has several on their website, but I don't think I could buy a couch without sitting on it first...

I said that because I used to get my work boots there. Shortly before they closed we were in there looking at washing machines and the salesman was beleaguered looking, with stained shirt and clip-on tie. It was sad I tell ya'!

That was my first thought, but the missus was there earlier in the week, says they've already started with the Christmas section, and cleared away the furntiture.
Costco has several on their website, but I don't think I could buy a couch without sitting on it first...
That's the main reason I bought mine.. the quality and the fact that upon sitting in the recliner and couch they were so perfectly comfortable for me.. and I had gone to huge Levitz etc. stores many times just to sit on stuff and they all sucked and were crap.

Never really have been into new furniture. You can check some Habitat ReStores, they have some good stuff and the style varies and inventory by the day of the week. We buy a decent enough piece, and wear it out. Have to put covers on them since our grand dogs, Lab and GS, feel they need to be on the couch with us, and my wife feels they should too. I would be laying on the floor before either of those dogs was refused space on the furniture.

Try Sid's in Salem, ask for Alan, has or can get anything you want/need. We got a bunch of different stuff when we built our house 5 years ago. All the stuff looks great after some use over the last 5 years.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top