JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I see a lot of gun adds here that give me a smile but one recently gave me a real chuckle. Guy puts up a 44 mag light weight revolver for sale saying he only put one shot through it. Said it recoiled more than expected so he is selling it for $850. A lot of money to take one shot.:D

Any adds here hit your funny bone?

A few years ago, I bought a used Ruger Redhawk from an ad that said "low round count" and "includes five boxes of ammunition". The price was very reasonable and the revolver was in good shape, so I bought it. When I got it home, I noticed that one of the ammo boxes had been opened and it was missing six rounds.

Now, the owner didn't say anything about why he was selling (and I didn't ask), but I'm guessing that he fired a cylinder full of .44 Mag and decided he had enough.

Jim

A few years ago, I bought a used Ruger Redhawk from an ad that said "low round count" and "includes five boxes of ammunition". The price was very reasonable and the revolver was in good shape, so I bought it. When I got it home, I noticed that one of the ammo boxes had been opened and it was missing six rounds.

Now, the owner didn't say anything about why he was selling (and I didn't ask), but I'm guessing that he fired a cylinder full of .44 Mag and decided he had enough.

Jim

Well. I GET THAT! I traded for a 44 mag not long ago and it is up on the block...sold now pending as of yesterday. The porting makes a big difference but just for shooting enjoyment it is not something I take with me excited to shoot. I would use it as my camp/fish open carry but I love my .357 already.
Thing is "the most powerful handgun in the world" per Mr Eastwood. However I cannot see me needing that power. I shot it and it was fun but the fun factor was over as soon as I shot it and I went back to the comfort of my .357 and carry guns I feel more of a need to practice with. Had it not sold it was going to be my new truck gun...it is a Taurus so nothing special but would make quite the lock box gun had I decided to keep it.

I think it is the first handgun I have owned that I have no doubt could do the job hunting larger game if need be...I would just need to be a better shot for all that!

The "kicker" thing is a thing.. not real funny but just a thing.. but what's really not?
What I find interesting is like some "high-end" 1911 that's been sent back to the factory twelve times and still doesn't work to this day and the price asked is more than buying an actual new one a those from the factory.
Uh, no.. I wouldn't take one a those even for actual "free".

The "kicker" thing is a thing.. not real funny but just a thing.. but what's really not?
What I find interesting is like some "high-end" 1911 that's been sent back to the factory twelve times and still doesn't work to this day and the price asked is more than buying an actual new one a those from the factory.
Uh, no.. I wouldn't take one a those even for actual "free".

Yeah I cannot get that. I have read many that say "had an issue but have sent it back to factory for repairs and have yet to shoot but its all good now". Or something along those lines. How is it all good now if you have yet to function test it yet?!! People are crazy. I sold a rifle after getting it back from repairs but in order to ask a decent price I knew I needed to take it to the range for a try out. I am not going to offer to put something in someones hands and ask the full used price without knowing they will be happy with the purchase.

Maybe I am just worried about karma but either way I know how ticked I would be!

I usually put in a stupid price because I would rather trade it for guns!!

Yep. If they want to buy it at an inflated price great. Otherwise at times the price is just there because I know I will get the constant "how much" question without it. If I say it is for trade then that is what it is. If you do not have a gun to offer then move on!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top