JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You are very low opinion of police and dispatchers. That's fine. However, when you called 911 last time, how much time (talking) have you spent on the line ? How many questions did you answer ?

It seem to me as he has a low opinion of the sheeple making the call to 911 not the dispatcher.There was really no reason for anyone to call on this guy,unless the people are just fed up with him walking around their neighborhood.

Then that would really make this guy more of an A$$hat

Now I'm not saying the police are handling these as they should,or shouldn't ,I'm just saying there are many ways to make a point and some kids don't care how they get attention.

You are very low opinion of police and dispatchers. That's fine. However, when you called 911 last time, how much time (talking) have you spent on the line ? How many questions did you answer ?

Not at all, I was actually being defensive of the dispatcher. The person calling this in thought he was doing something wrong. I can only imagine what their description of this guy and his actions were from there.
I once had the cops called on me for drag racing "up and down the street" (against a three wheeler) because the drunk across the street didn't like the noise I was making while tuning my dirtbike. The only riding I had done up to that point was idling around the yard to warm it up.

I would like you to attach a copy of your ODL and CHL if you have one and send it to me via E-mail. Please include a picture of the plate on your car that you drive most often. Thank you, I'm sure this won't take more than a few min out of your day. Have a nice day.

If you think sending that information to a nameless, faceless, badge numberless stranger over the internet for absolutely no reason is the same thing as flashing my CHL to a cop responding to a call, you live in a dark scary world.

Not at all, I was actually being defensive of the dispatcher. The person calling this in thought he was doing something wrong. I can only imagine what their description of this guy and his actions were from there.
I once had the cops called on me for drag racing "up and down the street" (against a three wheeler) because the drunk across the street didn't like the noise I was making while tuning my dirtbike. The only riding I had done up to that point was idling around the yard to warm it up.

And that's exactly my point.

- 911, what's your emergency ?
- There is a man with a gun at Starbucks!!!!
- Sir, is he threatening anybody, what is he doing there ?
- Mm... nothing, he is just sitting drinking coffee...??!!!
- Sir, is he pointing the gun at anybody ? Where is the gun located ?
- No, he is not pointing it. It's on his belt...

It seems you have very low opinion of police and dispatchers

OK sir, try to remain calm we'll send two officers to respond immediately.

It seems you have very low opinion of police and dispatchers

OK sir, try to remain calm we'll send two officers to respond immediately.

I agreed with you that many 911 callers might think something illegal is taking place, I never said dispatchers are incapable of doing a good job in such cases.

Yes, they are free to send the officers as they please, since patrolling the streets is part of the police duties. Yet this small dialogue illustrates that it is
possible to establish whether there is a crime in progress, or just an uninformed concerned citizen is overreacting, and deal with the situation accordingly.

Bottom line, I expect the dispatcher to inform the citizen that unless that MWAG performs certain actions, he is well within the law and there is no need
for officers to be dispatched. I have heard 911 recordings where such particular response was given to the citizen.

I imagine it went something like this:
- There is a man with a gun walking around downtown videotaping himself.
- I don't know if he threatened anybody, but he looks very threatening, big guy with mirror glasses and maybe a fake beard!?!! Almost looks like he's wearing a disguise!?!!
- No, he seems to be looking for someone or something, and I heard him say he was looking for some cops. (things he said while taping himself), the gun is in a holster.
- OK sir, we'll send someone to check it out.

+10000000000
911 Open Carry Call to Police - YouTube

This video covers exactly what you did.

I agreed with you that many 911 callers might think something illegal is taking place, I never said dispatchers are incapable of doing a good job in such cases.

Yes, they are free to send the officers as they please, since patrolling the streets is part of the police duties. Yet this small dialogue illustrates that it is
possible to establish whether there is a crime in progress, or just an uninformed concerned citizen is overreacting, and deal with the situation accordingly.

Bottom line, I expect the dispatcher to inform the citizen that unless that MWAG performs certain actions, he is well within the law and there is no need
for officers to be dispatched. I have heard 911 recordings where such particular response was given to the citizen.

OK then, In your example what went wrong?

So is the policy wrong?

Not if you have a bunch of skeered citizens that frequent your city council meetings and rake your police chief over the coals.
Maybe not necessary but if more citizens push the city council for it then it is what the majority of the citizens want and therefore the right policy.

Notice I said 'majority' ? If the armed citizens go to the council meetings to remove this policy then it will go away

Notice I said 'majority' ? If the armed citizens go to the council meetings to remove this policy then it will go away

Yeah, but what about all the spouses of police officers who believe only their cop husband or wife should have a gun, because y'know they're cops and they know more about guns and the law...:rolleyes: People generally listen to their spouse, and when they don't, they go to the movies or gun-shows...

How do you get the attention of that (anti-gun pro-LE) audience?

Just so you know, Canadians are the second largest group of illegals in the United States. They dont get caught because they look like us. Brazil also has a large population of illegals, but they ARE NOT Hispanics since they speak portugese. I do agree thought, cooperating with police is always best.

Says a man in Lynden, WA. I've met many Recovering Canadians, and every single one was 100% legal. Granted, if they can hide that accent, they won't stand out, but the same could be said for any person of any country of origin/ethnic background. Better actors? The evidence hardly supports that.

Hispanic (Spanish: hispano, hispánico) is a term that originally denoted a relationship to Hispania, which is to say the Iberian Peninsula: Portugal, Andorra, Gibraltar and Spain.

That's the first time I've seen that video. Sheesh dude shut up. The only thing you should have asked was "Are you detaining me?" Why try to debate the cops? Why discuss with them why you carry?

"Are you detaining me? No? Have a nice day officers."

If you think sending that information to a nameless, faceless, badge numberless stranger over the internet for absolutely no reason is the same thing as flashing my CHL to a cop responding to a call, you live in a dark scary world.

I was looking at it from the perspective of... You don't give your info to me because I have no authority to take it from you but you want to give it to someone else who also has no authority to take it from you just because they have a badge. I love police and deputies, I have breakfast with one once a week. It's within thier rights to ask for ID and it's within mine to decline. That's not challenging the law. It's the other way around if they don't accept a "no thank you."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top