JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lets not forget the bullets that 'spark' when they hit anything. I have never understood where this effect came from. I mean excessive rounds being fired without reloading can be overlooked if there are other unbelievable aspects of the movie but sparking bullets have no basis in reality - at all.

Love the scene in Tremors when Michael Gross and Reba McEntire are being attacked by the big underground creature in their basement/bunker. They empty their guns into the thing and look at eachother and start backing up defensively, but then they just start grabbing all kinds of firepower off the back wall. At one point Reba shoots the thing in the mouth with a flare gun, then Michael finally kills it with a couple rounds out of some monsterous elephant gun. "Broke into the wrong GD reckroom didn't you, you big jerk!"

Any scene where you hear a hammer cocking for an internal-hammer weapon. Relatedly, it's usually someone firearm-trained not cocking/racking until AFTER the danger has started.

Worst example: The opening scene of "The Matrix" when all the officers with Glocks ENTER the room with Trinity, *THEN* cock the hammers on their internal-hammer Glocks. I'm sure 3/4 of it are the sound guys thinking "there needs to be more sound here."

I also love the movie "The Crow", where the character "Grange" carries a Calico with a 50-round magazine, yet he only fires 2-3 shots in the entire movie. While everyone else with regular semi-autos and revolvers seems to have unlimited ammunition and never reloads.

Lets not forget the bullets that 'spark' when they hit anything. I have never understood where this effect came from. I mean excessive rounds being fired without reloading can be overlooked if there are other unbelievable aspects of the movie but sparking bullets have no basis in reality - at all.

Bullets with steel cores/jackets do spark and are outlawed for target shooting in many areas with good cause because they have started fires

This is my favorite funny gun/movie scene. I have a nice list of people I would love to "shake hands" with :s0112:

As far as gun scenes that are not really funny but pretty good overall the final bar shootout in Unforgiven and the final shootout in Open Range were pretty good, overall

This is just part 1 of Open Range final shootout, you can link the rest in the right hand column

Of course I know the "effects" of the shotgun are goofy, but it's hollywierd..

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite is pretty much the whole movie Commando. Ahh, guns with never-ending supplies of ammunition are great huh?

Ah yes...Commando, such a classic 1980's shoot 'em up. I love the part where Arnold single handedly wipes out 2 full companies of paramilitary forces with a heavy machine gun and grenades.

There are a whole lot of funny gun scenes in the dark comedy, Falling Down, here is one where he uses a rocket launcher to blow up a construction site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8b3963VRW4

Heres one where he blasts a golfcart with a shotgun and it rolls down into a lake hilariously

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E73RM9gS7bU

btw, Im glad that someone included the scene where the joker shoots down the batwing with a 4 foot long revolver, that is the best funny gun scene ever.

Open Range gunfight, best surround sound gunfight I've ever heard. I can hear the bullets hitting my back wall in the living room. Only thing close to it was Master and Commander. I can't imagine being on the receiving end of chain shot.

I think there was a scene from the spoof movie Loaded Weapon 1 that had Samuel Jackson and Emilio Esteves cocking their semi's over and over again as they sneaked up on the bad guys! LOL!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top