JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If you have any funny gun experiences please post them :D

Had a comical experience with a Mosin two wks ago. Two of my friends came over with their Mosin's for an afternoon of shooting at my range. One also brought a nice Enfield .308 but thats a different story that I wont get into right now (I'm ashamed LOL).:confused:
One friend had a new muzzle break for his Mosin. I'm not sure if any of you have seen them. They seem a bit cheesy due to the fact that they are hinged and have a nut that tightens it down. See photo below. Anyway.....We shoot the thing several times and it makes the muzzle noise even more painful. Then on the fourth shot I see something black flying down range. WTF......We walk down range and find several divots in the ground where something skipped along all the way down to about 40yrds. Yep...It was the muzzle break and boy did it break. Broke the hinges right off. No bullet impact, just shear brute concussion from the muzzle blast. This rifle is a beast. I will be getting my own very soon. Such a cool rifle!
MNBRAKE2.jpg
Before

After. LOL.

003-7.jpg

002-6.jpg

001-4.jpg

004-6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I was shooting my friends Marlin .22lr and he had it loaded with really crappy Winchester cheap rounds. I shot a couple rounds down range (which was funny in itself as you could hear the difference in powder loads) and then I shot again, this time we could noticeably tell the time till impact (at 100 yards) was at least a second. We saw the round hit the target it was going so slow. We both looked at each other and started laughing. Apparently the factory forgot to load the powder and only the primer (or a bit of powder) was all that propelled the round.

Had a comical experience with a Mosin two wks ago. Two of my friends came over with their Mosin's for an afternoon of shooting at my range. One also brought a nice Enfield .308 but thats a different story that I wont get into right now (I'm ashamed LOL).:confused:
One friend had a new muzzle break for his Mosin. I'm not sure if any of you have seen them. They seem a bit cheesy due to the fact that they are hinged and have a nut that tightens it down. See photo below. Anyway.....We shoot the thing several times and it makes the muzzle noise even more painful. Then on the fourth shot I see something black flying down range. WTF......We walk down range and find several divots in the ground where something skipped along all the way down to about 40yrds. Yep...It was the muzzle break and boy did it break. Broke the hinges right off. No bullet impact, just shear brute concussion from the muzzle blast. This rifle is a beast. I will be getting my own very soon. Such a cool rifle!

Before

The old say'n "If it ain't broke, it don't need fix'n".. (<:}-

I could be incorrect? That looks like the Brake that buymilsurp sells for the M44.

Did he have it on a 91/30 or??

MNBRAKE2.jpg

003-7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had just acquired a Webley Mk VI break top revolver. It has a really heavy double action trigger. I went out to the range with a couple of buddies and I let one of the guys shoot it while the other guy was sighting in a rifle. So the two of us got used to the heavy trigger pull. Well the other guy comes around and I ask him if he wants to shoot the Webley. He does and goes to shoot it one handed. We both start cracking up as he tries to pull the trigger and the gun just kind of moves in his hand. He looked at us like we had punkd him. I told him its really heavy and he fires it. Once he got used to it he thought it was funny as well.

I had a Ruger ranch rifle that I put a muzzle break on. After shooting perhaps a mag and half I heard a "ting" go along with the "bang". Sure enough the roll pin that held the muzzle break in place had sheared off and the "ting" was that muzzle break flying off. I put it back on and that new roll pin lasted perhaps a 100 more rounds or so and it flew off again. Not sure but I think that muzzle break is in my box of "spare gun parts" somewhere.

Buddy had his 1911 out at the pistol spot. After emptying his mags he loaded them back up. He chambered and holstered it, I see something fall and he draws, flips safety, click...rechambers, holsters, something falls, draws, click. I tell him to hold on and I reach down at his feet and pick up a .40S&W. OOPS!

Had the same problem with the same type muzzle break ...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top