JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My friend bought a brand new RCBS complete kit & the funnel in his did not do well. Powder would spill & was just a hassle to use so I made one out of some thick paper so I could get started.
Thanks for the info gentlemen.;)

I have two of the Lee funnels that came with kits over the years. They work.

I realize this is totally funnel overkill but, Satern Funnels are creeping into my collections. They are made for a specific size (case) but there is some overlap. They are made of aluminum with brass (I believe) lowers for the area around the case mouth.

Here is why I like them. I hate trying to pour stick powders like 4350 and 4198 into tiny openings and watching it sit there while I try and tap things, without spilling. So far I have only seen them on the internet (Midway and likely others) and in person in the land to the south with unfortunate gun owners. I've been picking them up while on business trips. He has been out of the 22 caliber funnel but I hoping he has one next time I'm in town.

Not a first choice for everyone, but an option.

Interesting side note, for now. I am not using a powder drop for my 9mm or 45 auto so currently I just pour the powder from the pan into the case. I have for now found that a much easier way for those two when using my auto dispensing powder measure.

I realize this is totally funnel overkill but, Satern Funnels are creeping into my collections. They are made for a specific size (case) but there is some overlap. They are made of aluminum with brass (I believe) lowers for the area around the case mouth.

Here is why I like them. I hate trying to pour stick powders like 4350 and 4198 into tiny openings and watching it sit there while I try and tap things, without spilling. So far I have only seen them on the internet (Midway and likely others) and in person in the land to the south with unfortunate gun owners. I've been picking them up while on business trips. He has been out of the 22 caliber funnel but I hoping he has one next time I'm in town.

Not a first choice for everyone, but an option.

I may have to consider picking up a few of those - might really be helpful with something like Titegroup that tends to stick on me.

480995.jpg

I don't use a funnel at all. I drop it out of the silo into the case then trickle it to what I want on the scale.
I '0' the scale for each case prior to trickling to my desired weight

My friend bought a brand new RCBS complete kit & the funnel in his did not do well. Powder would spill & was just a hassle to use so I made one out of some thick paper so I could get started.
Thanks for the info gentlemen.;)

Jim, I'm compelled to ask.... Is that a skill you learned in school when the teacher sat you in the corner on a stool to make your own special "funnel shaped" hat when you misbehaved? ;)

:D

Jim, I'm compelled to ask.... Is that a skill you learned in school when the teacher sat you in the corner on a stool to make your own special "funnel shaped" hat when you misbehaved? ;)

:D
Let them eat funnel shaped hats!
Oh dear Jesus how did I ever load a .223 round? Speaking of miracles.

I think a lot of powder throwers these days have in-built double profile funnels built into the drop tube. Give it a little yerk and the powder is miraculously dumped perfectly into the case. I could be wrong though.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top