JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Shoot in the present but aim for the future.

As we look forward to the future of recreational shooting on public lands, we must invest our personal resources and efforts now, for the next generation to value and carry on the tradition of stewardship, responsibility and ethics in hunting and target shooting.

Be a part of the team and help shape the future of shooting on public land!
Wolf Creek Fundraiser
Shoot in the present but aim for the future.

Future 1.jpg

The ice has been broken, thanks to @Kristina ! She donated a C note today! Thank you!!!

It's been a while since we've seen any activity on this. We're gonna get it done!

Wolf Creek Fundraiser
Sorry @Cogs we have been distracted with all the activity in Salem. Were you going to have a fundraiser auction this year where we could donate items instead of cash?

That was very generous of @Kristina I haven't seen her posting in a while.

Sorry @Cogs we have been distracted with all the activity in Salem. Were you going to have a fundraiser auction this year where we could donate items instead of cash?

That was very generous of @Kristina I haven't seen her posting in a while.
Yeah, tomorrow's the day! Make some noise for the 2nd!

Yes, a special fundraiser is coming soon. It will be an online fundraiser raffle (not a specific date or place). Working out the details and putting together a list of prizes. Will post about it as soon as it's ready to roll.

Yeah, tomorrow's the day! Make some noise for the 2nd!

Yes, a special fundraiser is coming soon. It will be an online fundraiser raffle (not a specific date or place). Working out the details and putting together a list of prizes. Will post about it as soon as it's ready to roll.

Hey Bill,

Let me know what kind of stuff you need for donations on raffle prizes when you have some time. I'll see what I can do to help out.

;):s0155:

DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER!!! (Please)​

That be me. I'll be at NFWC lanes on Sunday at 10 AM to meet with our excavation contractor for bidding on the remaining renovation work to Lanes 1 & 4. We're not going to close down the lanes, so don't shoot us!

If you're out there at Lanes 1 or 4 on Sunday, April 7th, we would appreciate a few moments of COLD RANGE while we walk each lane, take a couple measurements and review the plan.

We might even ask the shooters at lanes 2 & 3 if we could walk those lanes briefly so the contractor can see how his handy work is holding up.

Thanks! (I'll be the guy with the Trash No Land sign on the car doors. And NO, they are not targets! :)).

Bill

I'M STILL ALIVE! Amazing, Grace!

Nice day today, considering the threat for lots of rain. It cleared up for us during the morning hours, so, we got done what we needed to do.

Lane 1 sure muddied up our boots! Man, I'm looking forward to the new gravel and berm!

4-7-19 Lane 1_1.jpg
Most of the trash is on the back side! Tells me targets are being put on top of the berm and fall off the back.

4-7-19 Lane 1_2.jpg
Lane 4 is sure eroded down! Not much of a short berm left and the backstop on the hillside is really dug out to quite the horseshoe pit.

4-7-19 Lane 4_1.jpg
Some really cool guys shared some really cool guns! Our contractor, Keith King of King and Sons Excavating, enjoyed a few complementary rounds and I did as well. Thanks you guys!

4-7-19 Lane 4_2.jpg
To quote a famous president; "We're gonna get it done!"

We've been a little stale on this fundraiser, but we're getting close to making it happen.

We are applying for the Pittman-Robertson Act grant, administered through the Ore Dept of Fish & Wildlife, and our deadline is in 7 days (May 15th). The grant requires us to cover 30% of the total project with Non-Federal Funds. Our contractor estimate, and materials provided by Trash No Land and ODF, comes to $30,000 total project to complete the renovation work on lanes 1 & 4. Our 30% is $9000. So far, we've raised $2500 and ODF is providing gravel materials that should help us come close to the 30% ($9000) to satisfy the grant requirements for non-federal funds (I'll know the final totals in a few days). We still need to come up with about $1500 or more to finish our part (user donations that Trash No Land will administer).

So, we'll be announcing a little boost to our fundraiser soon. It will include a few nice incentives that you may enjoy! Keep an eye on this thread to see what we're up to.

Thanks for all the support so far! This will be great to have all 4 lanes finished and in good condition for years to come.

Another cool thing is in the plans... A new shooting lane that will offer long distance shooting (200, 250 & 400 yrds)... with permanent steel targets at those distances! ODF is on board with this plan and we're working out some details. Once we have things hashed out, we'll let you know the plan. It will be sweet!

So, I thank you all once again! Your help to renovate NF Wolf Creek Lanes is helping to keep the ball rolling toward more and better shooting lanes in the near future!

Bill

I thought it might be appropriate to share with you the Project Description in our request for funding in the ODFW Pittman-Robertson Grant application. It has not been submitted yet, (deadline due 5/15/2029), so I could edit/revise if needed. Here, they ask for a detailed description of the project. This is the only place, in the application, that asks for a full description of the project, along with the history, so, it's kinda long. This is what I came up with... (If you have any editing recommendations, it will be greatly appreciated!). We gotta secure this grant in able to finish the upgrades to lanes 1 & 4. So, the better we can describe it, the better chance we have of getting the needed funds.

(BTW: ODF is providing a ton of expense to help our short fall of the 30% required matching funds! Our 30% is supposed to be about $9000, yet we've only raised $2500 in donations. We plan to raise more, however, we're a long way off from covering the 30% required for this Pittman-Robertson Grant and our deadline for applying for this grant is May 15th! (It's really cool that ODF covers our backside!!! No other forest agency works with us like ODF!... Yet!).

Project Description
This project proposes to upgrade 2, of the 4, existing dispersed shooting lanes in Tillamook State Forest on North Fork Wolf Creek Rd. Lanes #1 & 4 need the same upgrades as were done to lanes #2 & 3 in 2018.

Promoting responsible recreational target shooting, reducing trash and improving safety on public lands is the primary focus of the Trash No Land organization. Improving existing dispersed shooting locations is a key element to achieving that positive cause. By improving existing dispersed shooting locations, we are providing a safer environment for the shooter and forest visitors, while reducing the fire potential associated with target shooting. We are creating desirable conditions that attract shooters to a specific area which, in return, lessens the usage of other dispersed locations. Hence, a benefit to the forest and other recreational activity.

There are four target shooting lanes, at North Fork Wolf Creed Rd, that began simply as unimproved dispersed shooting sites where 2 wild fires had occurred and determined to be caused by target shooting. In 2016, the Oregon Dept of Forestry, Forest Grove Office, sought to improve the area in an effort to prevent wild fires. The Trash No Land organization assisted ODF with volunteer help in mapping forest shooting sites, site selection and recommendations of shooter preferences and accommodations.

The project involved removal of downed logs, stumps and ground debris and mounding clay dirt to form the backstops as shooting berms. All this is done in front of a natural hillside secondary backstop. It included using Jersey Barriers to establish shooting lines, boulders to establish parking areas and gravel at the shooting line areas. The total cost of the improvements was a little over $30,000 of ODF Fire Prevention Funds.

In three years of full time daily public use, the berms and backstop clay dirt has deteriorated and the dirt lane surfaces are plagued with mud and hard packed clay. Restoration and sustainable upgrades are needed.

In 2018, two lanes (lanes 2 & 3), were upgraded with the help of a grant from the NRA Foundation. Additional contributions were from the Oregon Dept of Forestry and cash donations to Trash No Land from site users. The improved design is focused on long term sustainability and improved public & personal safety. Design recommendations were derived from a consultation with range development consultant Scott Kranz of AECOM.

This design incorporates improved berms in front of the large hillside backstops. The berms are constructed of concrete ecology blocks, stacked 6 feet high by 12 feet wide, packed all around with pit-run rock material and covered 2 feet deep in 1/4-10 ballistics gravel. This design allows for the long term sustainability and easy of future lead abatement treatments if needed. The surfaces of the lanes are now enhanced and improved with 1 1/2" surface gravel for mud control, wheel chair access and ease of cleanup.

Lane 1 is a short 35 yard pistol range and will have 1 berm in front of the hillside backstop. It will also receive minor leveling and surface gravel. Lane 4 has 2 berms in front of the hillside, one for the 90 yard range and one for the short pistol range. Each will receive minor surface leveling and gravel.

All other features and materials are currently in place and will be reused (Jersey Barriers, Signage & Boulders).

Cogs & Reno

I thought it might be appropriate to share with you the Project Description in our request for funding in the ODFW Pittman-Robertson Grant application. It has not been submitted yet, (deadline due 5/15/2029), so I could edit/revise if needed. Here, they ask for a detailed description of the project. This is the only place, in the application, that asks for a full description of the project, along with the history, so, it's kinda long. This is what I came up with... (If you have any editing recommendations, it will be greatly appreciated!). We gotta secure this grant in able to finish the upgrades to lanes 1 & 4. So, the better we can describe it, the better chance we have of getting the needed funds.

(BTW: ODF is providing a ton of expense to help our short fall of the 30% required matching funds! Our 30% is supposed to be about $9000, yet we've only raised $2500 in donations. We plan to raise more, however, we're a long way off from covering the 30% required for this Pittman-Robertson Grant and our deadline for applying for this grant is May 15th! (It's really cool that ODF covers our backside!!! No other forest agency works with us like ODF!... Yet!).

Project Description
This project proposes to upgrade 2, of the 4, existing dispersed shooting lanes in Tillamook State Forest on North Fork Wolf Creek Rd. Lanes #1 & 4 need the same upgrades as we have done to lanes #2 & 3 in 2018.

Promoting responsible recreational target shooting, reducing trash and improving safety on public lands is the primary focus of the Trash No Land organization. Improving existing dispersed shooting locations is a key element to achieving that positive cause. By improving existing dispersed shooting locations, we are providing a safer environment for the shooter and forest visitors, while reducing the fire potential associated with target shooting. We are creating desirable conditions that attract shooters to a specific area which, in return, lessens the usage of other dispersed locations. Hence, a benefit to the forest and other recreational activity.

There are four target shooting lanes, at North Fork Wolf Creed Rd, that began simply as unimproved dispersed shooting sites where 2 wild fires had occurred and determined to be caused by target shooting. In 2016, the Oregon Dept of Forestry, Forest Grove Office, sought to improve the area in an effort to prevent wild fires. The Trash No Land organization assisted ODF with volunteer help in mapping forest shooting sites, site selection and recommendations of shooter preferences and accommodations.

The project involved removal of downed logs, stumps and ground debris and mounding clay dirt to form the backstops as shooting berms. All this is done in front of a natural hillside secondary backstop. It included using Jersey Barriers to establish shooting lines, boulders to establish parking areas and gravel at the shooting line areas. The total cost of the improvements was a little over $30,000 of ODF Fire Prevention Funds.

In three years of full time daily public use, the berms and backstop clay dirt has deteriorated and the dirt lane surfaces are plagued with mud and hard packed clay. Restoration and sustainable upgrades are needed.

In 2018, two lanes (lanes 2 & 3), were upgraded with the help of a grant from the NRA Foundation. Additional contributions were from the Oregon Dept of Forestry and cash donations to Trash No Land from site users. The improved design is focused on long term sustainability and improved public & personal safety. Design recommendations were derived from a consultation with range development consultant Scott Kranz of AECOM.

This design incorporates improved berms in front of the large hillside backstops. The berms are constructed of concrete ecology blocks, stacked 6 feet high by 12 feet wide, packed all around with pit-run rock material and covered 2 feet deep in 1/4-10 ballistics gravel. This design allows for the long term sustainability and ease of future lead abatement treatments if needed. The surfaces of the lanes are now enhanced and improved with 1 1/2" surface gravel for mud control, wheel chair access and ease of cleanup.

Lane 1 is a short 35 yard pistol range and will have 1 berm in front of the hillside backstop. It will also receive minor leveling and surface gravel. Lane 4 has 2 berms in front of the hillside, one for the 90 yard range and one for the short pistol range. Each will receive minor surface leveling and gravel.

All other features and materials are currently in place and will be reused (Jersey Barriers, Signage & Boulders).

Cogs & Reno
Well written!
You guys are doing an awesome job! :)

Well written!
You guys are doing an awesome job! :)
Thank you, Mr. Flymph! Deadlines for $30,000 bucks are no fun to spend a few weekends and evenings over, but, we feel it's for the good of the cause and we're willing to kick bubblegum to make it happen on behalf of recreational shooters. Bryan and I appreciate the kudo's! Thanks!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top