JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I want to be sure we're all clear on this fundraiser and the improvements we are proposing...

This improvement work is for you. Not for Trash No Land and not just for NWFA members. It is for all who wish to recreate with firearms in the forest, (any forest), without being supervised and without having to pay range fees.

It's to help improve the sigma of 'people with guns in the forest', by having a place we can care for and show we value gun ownership and being responsible in the woods.

Trash No Land and Northwest Firearms are not a club, or group, of shooters. We do not own or lease the facility. None of us get paid for any of our volunteer efforts to help improve responsible shooting on public lands. We all give our own time, money and efforts to help everyone enjoy quality recreation for all, free of charge and without supervision.

It's up to you if you want this kind of a recreational place to shoot. Trash No Land does not have the funds to provide it all for you free and we do not have a 'Cleanup Crew' who will pick up your spent casings and used targets. We do our best to obtain grant funding, but the shooting community needs to step up and show they care and want this kind of a place to shoot.

Future improvements are at stake here. If we show a 'good faith effort' in this project, it will open the doors to future improvements with greater benefits.

With these lanes, we are trying to show other forest agencies the values of 'Improved Shooting Lanes on Public Lands'. Those values, to them (and to us), include; less trash in the forest, less fire danger, less public and personal safety risks, less damage to natural resources, greater 'ownership' in our favorite places to shoot, more show of community involvement through volunteerism, enhanced recreational experience for others who visit the forest, and more. These are the reasons why you should donate to this cause!

Oh, sure, we could do it with grant funding, but, do you have the time to put in all it takes to apply and submit grant applications? Will you research, read, learn about and provide all the documentation required for a grant proposal? It's not easy and it's very time consuming! Until I retire, and have lots of free time, I'm very limited on what I can do and accomplish. So, I'm counting on the general public to help raise the funds to get this done.

Donate the cost of a box of ammo or two. Twenty to Fifty bucks is no big deal, right? (Well, it is to me, but still, I threw in a few dollars to help get this started. So did the board members of Trash No Land.)

Let's show how we roll. Donate a few bucks and get this party started!

Thanks All,

Bill Cogley
Pres, Trash No Land

New total on the goal. This may take a while, but boy, it will be worth it!

Wolf Creek Fundraiser

11-10-18 Lane 3 Rebuild 4.jpg

Thank you to all those that have donated!

This project has been my baby and I'm honored to be a part of it.

Bill has busted his bubblegum off doing about all of the ground work for the recent renovations to lanes 2 and 3. We hit a few bumps and it set us back from completing 1 and 4.

With your help, we would like to get 1 and 4 complete.

Like Bill said, this is all about owning our ability to freely recreate on public lands.

If you feel like spreading this message in any way let Bill or myself know.

Thanks!

Bryan

What's your guess at number of people who use these lanes per year?

I'm filling out the final report to NRA Foundation for the recent grant and it asks how many people benefit, per year, from our project. It's also asking how many males under 17, females under 17, women and men. I can't insert text, only numbers.

My guess...

Long lanes: 15 people/day x 2 lanes.
Short lanes: 8 people/day x 2 lanes
Total = 76/day x 365 days/year = 27,740 people per year use these 4 lanes.

Doesn't sound realistic to me. I'd be more inclined to say 5,000 to 8,000 but that's going to be low.

What's your calc?

What's your guess at number of people who use these lanes per year?

I'm filling out the final report to NRA Foundation for the recent grant and it asks how many people benefit, per year, from our project. It's also asking how many males under 17, females under 17, women and men. I can't insert text, only numbers.

My guess...

Long lanes: 15 people/day x 2 lanes.
Short lanes: 8 people/day x 2 lanes
Total = 76/day x 365 days/year = 27,740 people per year use these 4 lanes.

Doesn't sound realistic to me. I'd be more inclined to say 5,000 to 8,000 but that's going to be low.

What's your calc?
When Randy at ODF did the same thing he calculated it on the average usage times. Most used the lanes on average 1.75 hours. Most of the time there were an average of 1.8 people using the lane at a time. With roughly 12 hours of legal useable time per day 7 days a week for four lanes.

Roughly 350 persons a week. Or roughly 30,000 a year. Give or take.

Essentially Randy stated you could essentially take the estimated population of the surrounding cities as well. Because that's who is utilizing these recreational shooting lanes.

Interesting way to calculate it. I had considered an involved calc of volume on weekends verses weekdays, subtract the winter months of no access and account for heavier usage on the long lanes.

Sounds like it's safe to say between 25,000 to 30,000 per year. Wow.

So, let's call it 28,500. Hey, that's how much we need, in dollars, to finish lanes 1 & 4! Ha! How can we get each of those people to contribute $1/year?

The part that drives me batty is the breakdown of how many males & females under 17 and how many men and women. I'm sure I always see many more men than women, and sometimes see kids. What would be some reasonable guesses on those numbers? 10 or 20% women? 3% kids with half that boys and half girls?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top