JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry, Roko, your 7's didn't last long! A crafty gentleman, who's initials are M.J., upped it $222.23! We're sitting at an even $1000 now! Big THANKS to M.J.!!!

Let's not get too comfy/cozy sitting there!

:s0090: :s0151:

We'll have to see if we can get some movement this weekend. Glad to see "MJ" stepping up. That was very generous!
Yes, (MJ, Micheal J... he loves basketball (hint)), was great to do that! (Not that he's the famous MJ, but is fun to wonder!). He was a little short of a tax deductible credit (which is 250), but will still get one from his other contributions this year.

I agree, we gotta get this party rolling. We have till April to raise as much as we can. It will speak volumes to the powers-that-be, to see the shooting community come together to support this kind of a place to shoot.

I'm excited about getting these other 2 lanes done! Hope everyone else is too!

Remember, 100% goes to the project. We don't hire a 'General' to oversee the project and our staff doesn't get paid in any way. All of it goes to the materials, excavation contractor and equipment.

We do it to benefit all gun owners who prefer to shoot at a quality place on public land, without the supervision or fees. Bigger yet, we do it to present a positive image of gun owners, a show of responsibility for conservation and environmental concerns and to help improve the relationships with other recreational activity groups (what we're doing here is not just for target shooters).

This also has to do with the future of recreational shooting on public lands. Not only in Oregon, but, Washington as well! The WA State DNR, corporate office in Olympia, WA, is watching these lanes and how our fundraising is progressing. They would like to do this in Washington as well (state wide!), however, we need to show proof of our support, stewardship and ownership of these lanes. Then they will see it is the best thing to do for their public lands.

So, yeah baby! Chip in and help get this done!

Bill

Yes, (MJ, Micheal J... he loves basketball (hint)), was great to do that! (Not that he's the famous MJ, but is fun to wonder!). He was a little short of a tax deductible credit (which is 250), but will still get one from his other contributions this year.

I agree, we gotta get this party rolling. We have till April to raise as much as we can. It will speak volumes to the powers-that-be, to see the shooting community come together to support this kind of a place to shoot.

I'm excited about getting these other 2 lanes done! Hope everyone else is too!

Remember, 100% goes to the project. We don't hire a 'General' to oversee the project and our staff doesn't get paid in any way. All of it goes to the materials, excavation contractor and equipment.

We do it to benefit all gun owners who prefer to shoot at a quality place on public land, without the supervision or fees. Bigger yet, we do it to present a positive image of gun owners, a show of responsibility for conservation and environmental concerns and to help improve the relationships with other recreational activity groups (what we're doing here is not just for target shooters).

This also has to do with the future of recreational shooting on public lands. Not only in Oregon, but, Washington as well! The WA State DNR, corporate office in Olympia, WA, is watching these lanes and how our fundraising is progressing. They would like to do this in Washington as well (state wide!), however, we need to show proof of our support, stewardship and ownership of these lanes. Then they will see it is the best thing to do for their public lands.

So, yeah baby! Chip in and help get this done!

Bill
Good Morning @Cogs is donation total still at $1000 even? If not what is most current total?

It's now up by $50!
Ok I am going to offer up a little donation match challenge: Current Donation total as of the posting of this challenge is $1050 (@Cogs can you confirm this?) I am going to match $.50 to the dollar on new donations made by 9am PST on Dec 9th, 2018 up to $50 total for my contribution. My $50 contribution limit match is for total new donations not per contributor.

So if the donation total reaches $1150 by 9am tomorrow, I will donate the full $50. If donation total is less than that I will adjust my donation amount accordingly based on $.50 to the dollar match. This is a good opportunity for those who can spare even a few dollars to get a little more bang for their donated bucks. I would welcome others to offer this same match if you have the means.

Ok I am going to offer up a little donation match challenge: Current Donation total as of the posting of this challenge is $1050 (@Cogs can you confirm this?) I am going to match $.50 to the dollar on new donations made by 9am PST on Dec 9th, 2018 up to $50 total for my contribution. My $50 contribution limit match is for total new donations not per contributor.
Yes it's now $1050. Wolf Creek Fundraiser

So if the donation total reaches $1150 by 9am tomorrow, I will donate the full $50. If donation total is less than that I will adjust my donation amount accordingly based on $.50 to the dollar match. This is a good opportunity for those who can spare even a few dollars to get a little more bang for their donated bucks. I would welcome others to offer this same match if you have the means.
This is cool! Thank you Boss!

I've heard from a reliable source that MJ never cared for basketball. Now baseball is a different story. It's also a reliable source that said that the not so rich MJ once banked where the rich MJ and his mother banked in Charlotte, NC and the bank tried to cash a check for $15k from the rich MJ to his mother and bank tried to withdraw it from the wrong account... the account that didn't have enough zero's in the account balance. Very many apologies later it got all straightened out. :D

Speaking about donating... I'm probably half blind and can't see out of the other half but is their an easy way to get to the North Fork Wolf Creek donation button without having to come here to the thread and click on the link? I see the member donate button but I can't find one that says "North Fork Wolf Creek Fund Raiser - Donate Here!" anywhere on the forum pages. I may need to see if one of my dogs can guide me to it but if it is there somewhere, can arrows and flashing fonts be put around it... and if one doesn't exist, umm, why not? ;)

Mike

I've heard from a reliable source that MJ never cared for basketball. Now baseball is a different story. It's also a reliable source that said that the not so rich MJ once banked where the rich MJ and his mother banked in Charlotte, NC and the bank tried to cash a check for $15k from the rich MJ to his mother and bank tried to withdraw it from the wrong account... the account that didn't have enough zero's in the account balance. Very many apologies later it got all straightened out. :D

Speaking about donating... I'm probably half blind and can't see out of the other half but is their an easy way to get to the North Fork Wolf Creek donation button without having to come here to the thread and click on the link? I see the member donate button but I can't find one that says "North Fork Wolf Creek Fund Raiser - Donate Here!" anywhere on the forum pages. I may need to see if one of my dogs can guide me to it but if it is there somewhere, can arrows and flashing fonts be put around it... and if one doesn't exist, umm, why not? ;)

Mike
Ha! Funny story Mike! First hand account?

The fundraiser is not put on by NWFA, it's being done by Trash No Land. Therefore, the donate button is on our fundraiser page at trashnoland.org. It's the best way for us to keep all donations in one place with the least amount of fees taken out (want to keep more for the project!).

Here's the link to the page (it's also in the 1st post of this thread): Wolf Creek Fundraiser

Ha! Funny story Mike! First hand account?

The fundraiser is not put on by NWFA, it's being done by Trash No Land. Therefore, the donate button is on our fundraiser page at trashnoland.org. It's the best way for us to keep all donations in one place with the least amount of fees taken out (want to keep more for the project!).

Here's the link to the page (it's also in the 1st post of this thread): Wolf Creek Fundraiser

Actually, my wife (who was visiting me from Hillsboro before we got married) when I lived in Charlotte, took the call from the bank saying that there was a small problem and maybe I meant to use a different account. I talked to the bank afterwards and their solution was for me to change my checking account so it included my middle name. I guess the guy with the bigger account didn't need to change his. :D I've got a few like that from over the years. I'm sure glad he retired and mostly dropped out of sight... although I still get plenty of comments from people sometimes and some sure seem to get enjoyment out of calling my name real loud in a public place when it's my turn. LOL!

Thanks for the explanation, Cogs, that makes sense. And thanks for the link.

Mike

Actually, my wife (who was visiting me from Hillsboro before we got married) when I lived in Charlotte, took the call from the bank saying that there was a small problem and maybe I meant to use a different account. I talked to the bank afterwards and their solution was for me to change my checking account so it included my middle name. I guess the guy with the bigger account didn't need to change his. :D
Mike

Perhaps you should make a withdrawal! :D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top