JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What about a go find me page? Not sure how they work, but people get donations for all kinds of things

Seriously considered that. I think they charge too much but it still might be worth while. Beyond that, they do require you to raise a certain percent of the goal before they will list it on their site. That means I'd need to bug all my friends & relatives to cough up some cash (which would really delay the project and make me have to find new fake friends!).

So, I decided to go with our own Fund Me type page. The PayPal donation only withholds 2.2% without any other fees. Means more donated dollars go to the cause. That's the best deal I can find. I'm thinking we might want to do the Go Fund Me thing, or one like it, later on but wanted to see how we do with this first. I know we loose the 'social media' recognition and sharing aspect of it, but we can still share the link to the web page fundraiser on social media.

Help us improve North Fork Wolf Creek Shooting Lanes! Tillamook State Forest.

Full details in the video and web page.

Wolf Creek Fundraiser

I just made a small odd number test donation, is there a way for us to keep track of donation total in real time? I see the total at the donation page has been at $635 since yesterday so I am guessing that is not a live total.

I just made a small odd number test donation, is there a way for us to keep track of donation total in real time? I see the total at the donation page has been at $635 since yesterday so I am guessing that is not a live total.
The Goal meter is a jpeg that I edit and upload to the web page. A real IT guy would be able to put up a real time meter.

Oh, you missed the decimal point position. Should have been 2 digits to the right! :D Thanks!

Help us improve North Fork Wolf Creek Shooting Lanes! Tillamook State Forest.

Full details in the video and web page.

Wolf Creek Fundraiser

Cogs, I posted a bumpstock for sale this morning and promised the proceeds from the sale would be donated to TNL for the lanes 1 and 4 restoration project. WTS OR - Slide Fire Bump Stock Left Hand Model SSAR-15 $100

Believe it or not, it sold this morning so $100 is coming your way shortly. Also I stopped by my favorite LGS (Sunset Firearms) this morning and told him about the wolf creek restoration project. He is familiar with TNL and said he would be happy to put up a flier in his shop. So feel free to reach out to Gordon at Sunset Firearms when you have fliers available.

Cogs, I posted a bumpstock for sale this morning and promised the proceeds from the sale would be donated to TNL for the lanes 1 and 4 restoration project. WTS OR - Slide Fire Bump Stock Left Hand Model SSAR-15 $100

Believe it or not, it sold this morning so $100 is coming your way shortly. Also I stopped by my favorite LGS (Sunset Firearms) this morning and told him about the wolf creek restoration project. He is familiar with TNL and said he would be happy to put up a flier in his shop. So feel free to reach out to Gordon at Sunset Firearms when you have fliers available.
Totally cool, boss! Love it! I 'C' the notification! Thank you.

Thank you @arakboss !

Totally cool, boss! Love it! I 'C' the notification! Thank you.
Your welcome, I'm glad to help out. Maybe some others will find some stuff they can part with and start a trend!

Are you guys able to provide receipts for donations so that donors who itemize can get the write off on their taxes. I have receipts from paypal but not sure that would be what the irs would like to see?

Your welcome, I'm glad to help out. Maybe some others will find some stuff they can part with and start a trend!

Are you guys able to provide receipts for donations so that donors who itemize can get the write off on their taxes. I have receipts from paypal but not sure that would be what the irs would like to see?
Yes, we can and will provide receipts upon request. Just send me a note by email to [email protected] and I'll send one back.

Thanks again,

Bill

excellent thanks. I am going to try a give a little more before the end of the year, can I just wait until then or would you like the request sent after each donation?
Then will be fine. I have records of who and when they donated so I can put all on one receipt.

Then will be fine. I have records of who and when they donated so I can put all on one receipt.
Awesome, I will email you at the end of the year.

If I get a bonus from work this year, I am going to be in the mood to match some donations from others, let me know if you can put together a simple plan for that. Good luck on your fundraising!

Most of these Reviews are from NWFA members. They are at the bottom of our fundraiser page: Wolf Creek Fundraiser Would be happy to add yours as well! Just let me know.

Reviews:

Pros: Safest spot around. Four separate shooting areas with huge backstops and clear firing lines. Great example of shooters working with the state to create a facility that works. Stays surprisingly clean.

Cons: It gets busy/full. Could use more parking.

A.N.

Hands down this is the best place I've been to in Oregon. The hard work put in by Trash No Land and the others involved in setting this place up really shows. Rules are clearly posted, actual lanes and barricades are set up to give shooters an easy way to organize safe firing lines. While I've only been up here once so far the only thing I could imagine would be on the downside is when someone is set up at lane 1 or 2 the small size of the lanes and the way they are isolated from each other makes striking up a conversation with fellow shooters less likely. Finding this place is going to end up costing me a lot in ammo because its the first place I've found in Oregon that both myself and my partner enjoyed shooting at.

Candice Voets​

I have been going to this area for years, and since the involvement with ODF, the area has only gotten better. I love the Tillamook State Forest, and being a steward of the land has become a passion. Thanks to all who help keep the area clean!

D.S.

Being new to the area I was not thrilled with the shooting ranges in the city of Portland and surrounding areas. As a note Salt Lake City has better indoor ranges. But finding this has been a blessing it's clean and safe. So far people have been courteous and I have shared lanes on several occasions. I have watch for years areas get shut down due to abuse in Utah and I would hate to see that happen here. Oregon is a beautiful state and it needs to be treated with respect. This place is awesome and we are very lucky to have it, so don't take it for granted. In the future I would love to see a few more lanes and a few longer ones. Thank you to all the individuals that made this possible! What we do today effects generation well into the future.

Cody​

We should have several of these in each forest near major metropolitan areas around the Northwest! I bet we'd see a huge difference in the recreation shooting sports!

Patrick C. Portland, OR.

A little wider parking would help where you park parallel to the road as well a few wide spots to turn around with out having to go all the way to the end. If it didn't add to the cost that would be good.

I like the individual lanes and would like to see a couple of more for at least pistol shooting. It's not that I'm totally anti-social but like today, I enjoyed shooting with my wife and being able to go over some techniques and suggestions without someone next to us with a big boomer shooting away as fast as they could... and there were some big guns there being shot not to mention I was shooting my .357 for a bit, which is pretty loud itself. It was nice to have the separation from other shooters, especially since we didn't know them and didn't know how well they practiced safe shooting.

Mike

A little wider parking would help where you park parallel to the road as well a few wide spots to turn around with out having to go all the way to the end. If it didn't add to the cost that would be good.

I like the individual lanes and would like to see a couple of more for at least pistol shooting. It's not that I'm totally anti-social but like today, I enjoyed shooting with my wife and being able to go over some techniques and suggestions without someone next to us with a big boomer shooting away as fast as they could... and there were some big guns there being shot not to mention I was shooting my .357 for a bit, which is pretty loud itself. It was nice to have the separation from other shooters, especially since we didn't know them and didn't know how well they practiced safe shooting.

Mike
Good suggestion, Mike. That might take some convincing to ODF, but, we'll bring it up a couple times. Thanks!

Not Your Typical Shooting Range! The Story of Wolf Creek Lanes.
(on our Blog and submitted to the NRA HQ media dept)
Trash No Land Blog: Not Your Typical Shooting Range! The Story of Wolf Creek Lanes.
Since I posted this to our Blog, it's been shared several times! Lots of interest! I've also sent the PDF file, with links to the blog, website and the video, to the Washington State Public Lands Commissioner, Hilary Franz, and the WDFW director, to let them know there IS a solution to the problems with recreational shooting. I asked it they would consider doing this on state lands in WA. We'll see if they respond.

They know there's a problem, yet, there has never been any good solutions and none of them have taken any action to improve conditions, except the Oregon Dept of Forestry. As I've said before, there's no, one, good solution to resolving the concerns with recreational shooting, but this one is the best we've found so far and it solves many of the concerns.

Keep up on the stewardship and claim ownership of these lanes! We're working on making the shooting sports better for the entire Northwest!

I've also sent the PDF file, with links to the blog, website and the video, to the Washington State Public Lands Commissioner, Hilary Franz, and the WDFW director, to let them know there IS a solution to the problems with recreational shooting. I asked it they would consider doing this on state lands in WA. We'll see if they respond.

Wonders never cease! They responded! I received a phone call from DNR's Deputy Supervisor of Region Operations, who is Senior Strategic Advisor to the Commissioner of Public Lands Hilary Franz, and got invited to the table with several other DNR officials in Olympia. They would like to discuss the efforts we've made and get a feel for what we have found that works and doesn't work. He really likes what we've done with North Fork Wolf Creek Lanes and would like to discuss that in more depth. He also said he like the model of Trash No Land and would like to work with us state wide to help promote responsible shooting!

I can't promise anything will come about from this, but because it's for the good of the shooting sports and could benefit thousands around the Northwest, I'll do it and give it shot :)D Yes, pun intended).

So, you can see that our efforts, here in Tillamook State Forest, have an effect on the entire Northwest. They are watching to see if the shooting community steps up to support this kind of a place to shoot. That's why I believe we should show a significant effort in our fundraiser by the general public. It's more of a fundraiser for the good of recreational shooting in the entire Northwest!

Let's sweeten the deal! As we get to Spring, @Reno911, @Rem700..300 , @Kristina , @citizen a and I are planning to apply for a grant from the Pittman-Robertson Act to make up the difference for what we need. In addition, we'll include a request for funds to get the next improved shooting lane done. At this point, ODF would like to move forward on improving another place, just up the road from the Wolf Creek Lanes, where we'll have a few hundred yards to shoot at permanently installed steel targets. Wouldn't that be nice not to have to take targets with you? Just show up, shoot, pick up your brass and leave! NICE! It could get done by the end of next summer. This plan is not set in stone, yet, but it's the direction we and ODF would like to go. If we're going to get one grant, let's make it enough to kill two birds!

So, help the whole Northwest by donating to this project! I think we can make a difference for thousands of people, starting right here in good 'ol Tillamook Forest!

Thanks all,

Bill, Bryan, Aaron, Craig & Kristina

Discussions with ODF are to, in hopes, try to develop an area a year in the Mcgregor Basin or in other words the North Fork Wolf Creek area.

Wonders never cease! They responded! I received a phone call from DNR's Deputy Supervisor of Region Operations, who is Senior Strategic Advisor to the Commissioner of Public Lands Hilary Franz, and got invited to the table with several other DNR officials in Olympia. They would like to discuss the efforts we've made and get a feel for what we have found that works and doesn't work. He really likes what we've done with North Fork Wolf Creek Lanes and would like to discuss that in more depth. He also said he like the model of Trash No Land and would like to work with us state wide to help promote responsible shooting!

I can't promise anything will come about from this, but because it's for the good of the shooting sports and could benefit thousands around the Northwest, I'll do it and give it shot :)D Yes, pun intended).

So, you can see that our efforts, here in Tillamook State Forest, have an effect on the entire Northwest. They are watching to see if the shooting community steps up to support this kind of a place to shoot. That's why I believe we should show a significant effort in our fundraiser by the general public. It's more of a fundraiser for the good of recreational shooting in the entire Northwest!

Let's sweeten the deal! As we get to Spring, @Reno911, @Rem700..300 , @Kristina , @citizen a and I are planning to apply for a grant from the Pittman-Robertson Act to make up the difference for what we need. In addition, we'll include a request for funds to get the next improved shooting lane done. At this point, ODF would like to move forward on improving another place, just up the road from the Wolf Creek Lanes, where we'll have a few hundred yards to shoot at permanently installed steel targets. Wouldn't that be nice not to have to take targets with you? Just show up, shoot, pick up your brass and leave! NICE! It could get done by the end of next summer. This plan is not set in stone, yet, but it's the direction we and ODF would like to go. If we're going to get one grant, let's make it enough to kill two birds!

So, help the whole Northwest by donating to this project! I think we can make a difference for thousands of people, starting right here in good 'ol Tillamook Forest!

Thanks all,

Bill, Bryan, Aaron, Craig & Kristina

:s0133: :s0053::s0056:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR