JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Researchers begin the first wave of US-funded gun injury prevention work in decades

CDC. Rrrrrright...... WE ALL need to trust their science.

Where is the $ going and what exactly is being studied?

Funded Research |Violence Prevention|Injury Center|CDC

Aloha, Mark

PS....IMHO, there is no need for much of the expensive research.

Dont_like_guns.jpg

THAT ALONE..... is likely to solve more than half of the "problems" right there.

Last Edited:
Yeah, will that be anything like the CDC Vaccine Injury cesspool????

Dear CDC,

I volunteer to participate in your research on what causes gun violence and respectfully submit the following:

What causes gun violence:

1. People

There, now you can return the taxpayer's money!!!

I got it all figured out! Pay me the funds to "Research" gun violence, and I will show the world where the problem actually comes from! BAD PEOPLE DOING BAD THINGS to Others with out fear of consequences or value of life! There, it's really that easy. Make the check out to Ura-Ki please, and don't forget to tip your server on your way out, she works hard here! ;)

Only if it is not generated to be bias from the get go. That's the difficult part. When researchers are really committed to reinforcing their personal belief, the data can be manipulated to help reinforce it.

That's not how science works. If there's a problem with a study's methodology, it gets called out and newer and better research is conducted. Rinse and repeat until we learn the truth or what's real.

Everyone is biased. The scientific method is used precisely to counter our innate biases.

More research and more data is always a good thing.

Not the way it has been done the last few decades. And not by people I don't trust, and especially those working outside their zone of expertise. Not by institutions/scientists with an agenda. I have absolutely zero faith in so-called scientists to do the research correctly and then report it evenly, accurately, and fairly. THEY are the ones that have destroyed the people's faith. Phuck em.

That's not how science works. If there's a problem with a study's methodology, it gets called out and newer and better research is conducted. Rinse and repeat until we learn the truth or what's real (or learn what they want us to believe.)

Everyone is biased. The scientific method is used precisely to counter our innate biases.

If only this were still true. Scientists are no longer following the scientific method. They are liars and cheats just like journalists. They take a position and then look for facts that support that position, fudge the data, use too small a data sample, cherry pick the data, misinterpret the data, and then lie about it all in an effort to prove their position for their agenda. They are afraid to publish counter interpretations and honest facts because they depend on approval of the institutions they work for, as well as salaries and grants/funding. Nobody calls them out, the peer reviews are merely rubber stamps from scientists similarly afraid to cause waves, that have similar agenda, are buddies that they don't want to criticize, or too lazy to study the research in depth.

Science has been destroyed in this world. Scientific American used to be a fabulous publication reporting in depth on pure science. Now they are a rag owned by a Globalist organization in GERMANY, not America at all, and publish soft propagandized stories on psuedo-science!

Last Edited:
Funding, or its lack, contributes a great deal of pressure even to legitimate researchers to find the "correct" answers. The book "Biological Exuberance" lays out a pretty good case for the strongly held religious views of certain people/groups funding research having a strong suppressive influence on the outcome of that research.

That's not how science works. If there's a problem with a study's methodology, it gets called out and newer and better research is conducted. Rinse and repeat until we learn the truth or what's real.

I'm not sure why we are having a miscommunication, but we seem to be. I understand quite well how the scientific method works, what I am stating, is that the entire purpose for these types of "studies" is to try and reinforce a leftist agenda, and I expect whole heartedly, for it to be manipulated to help do that. The reason being is that we already have studies on this topic that very much refute most if not all leftist claims about guns and gun violence and the only perceivable expectation for why they would want more, is that they are seeking a different result. I know that they are not above ensuring that they get one.

More research and more data is always a good thing.

NOT really.

NOT when it's the TAXPAYERS' MONEY.

Fact is.....the winners are.....those that do the "research". Ka Ching!

If some private group or individual.....say: George Soros.......was to fund the research. Then at least we'd all know what the conclusion will be before it's actually published.

Money well spent. LOL.

Except that.....somehow he'd still probably get a TAX BREAK out of it.

Aloha, Mark

In a perfect world- yes, true science would prevail. People would be able to see past their bias when the truth presented itself. Research studies with ironclad methodology would be hailed and reported, and bogus, biased studies would be debunked. "Scientists" in white lab coats would all be honest, above reproach, and sincerely open to following the science in whatever direction the empirical evidence leads.

Unfortunately that's not always how it works in the real world. Clearly biased studies often get breathlessly reported as fact by the media, and scholarly work sometimes gets buried because it reached the "wrong" conclusion.

Any human system is only as good as the humans running it, science included.

What, nobody has mentioned taking in all those sweet sweet millions (if not billions) of dollars in grant money?

:rolleyes:

Well, not in clear terms of the "amount" of taxpayer grant money authorized. But there was this:

There, now you can return the taxpayer's money!!!
Make the check out to Ura-Ki please, and don't forget to tip your server on your way out, she works hard here!

If some private group or individual.....say: George Soros.......was to fund the research. Then at least we'd all know what the conclusion will be before it's actually published.

Don't we? It's pretty clear to me considering the track record of public statements on gun violence from the CDC. THAT is why they were picked as the body to perform the study(ies).

Otherwise, they could have picked John Lott, a well reputed author of studies. Or the Competitive Enterprise Institute, a "libertarian" think tank, or so I read. I have one of their books on pollution and it's pretty real. Or maybe Wilbur Smith, author of "Culture of Death".

Anybody but obvious anti gun groups or agencies. Remember the missives from the group(s) of doctors? Very anti-gun and unrealistic flawed reasoning, conclusions, and statements!!!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top