JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Made my second trip to the range in a week. Along with testing my rifle reloads, I also took out my 3.8 XDM40 for some practice. I've never had a problem shooting a rifle, but with pistol shooting practice is needed. In the past, I kept anticipating the recoil, and needed work on the trigger squeeze and trigger follow through.

Weapon: 3.8 XDM 40
Ammo: Federal 180gr .40 S&W
Range: ~10 yards

1st XDM target

2nd XDM target

3rd XDM target

I'm getting better, but need more practice.

Looks like some fun shooting there. It really does take some practice even though the same basic skills are needed to be good with both rifle and pistol. Are you practicing from the draw?
Mike

Looks like some fun shooting there. It really does take some practice even though the same basic skills are needed to be good with both rifle and pistol. Are you practicing from the draw?
Mike

Not yet, I'm just working on the fundamentals right now. When I first started shooting pistols, all my groups were low right. Since then I've started mixing snap caps in with live rounds, which has helped me with anticipating the recoil and trigger squeeze/follow through.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top