Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Fun oregon gun facts

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by ronin223, Feb 5, 2012.

1. ronin223

ronin223 Portland Active Member

1. When you get a background check the first 2 numbers is the year then a dash then the number of your background check. So If you are the first one to buy a gun on 1/1/12 it would be 12-000001

2. I bought a gun on 1/1/12 at 10 am and was the 40th person

3. The guy at Fisherman's marine states the last gun he sold on 12/31/11 was in the 211,000 range. So assuming guns are sold everyday of the year.

592 guns are sold everyday in Oregon

There are about 3.8 million Oregonians. 64% are 18-64 yo so 2.4 million Oregonians. So slightly less than 1 Oregon out of 10 between 18-64 owns a gun.

2. RifleEnthusiast

RifleEnthusiast Close to Oregon City Active Member

Just out of curiosity, why/where do you know the number of your background check? When I bought before, the stores would complete the paper work after I filled my portion and do the calls and keep it, I never bothered to look at the numbers...

3. CharonPDX

CharonPDX Portland, OR Active Member

No, slightly less than 1 out of every 10 Oregonians between 18-64 bought a gun last year. I have gone multiple years without buying a gun, it doesn't mean I don't OWN a gun. (But, there are also people who buy more than one a year, so it's probably closer to 5% of 18-64 year old Oregonians bought a gun last year.)

4. Greenbug

Greenbug Bend Well-Known Member

That background check approval number from OSP is also just a numerical transaction number. If a person bought more than one gun on the same transaction it is not reflected by the transaction number. So the people buying more than one gun at a time also factor into that equation and make the guns purchased per Oregonian a little higher still. I know I did my part last year, I bought 26 guns through Oregon dealers last year.

5. MinnesotaORnewbie

MinnesotaORnewbie Oregon Active Member

you would have done your part even better if you would have done 26 FTF with Private Oregon citizens

6. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

God but I wish I had the financial horsepower to buy a gun every month, but I'm lucky to be able to buy one a year. The gun want list is getting longer every day!! :D

7. Greenbug

Greenbug Bend Well-Known Member

Probably did about 15 FTF or so last year too.

8. CZ Fan

CZ Fan Oregon Member

haha holy cow :thumbup:

9. Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter North Bend OR Active Member

Bought 26 through dealers and 15 more ftf. That is a lot of guns. Mind if I ask what kind of collection are you building or what guns are of interest to you? If I bought that many I would have to lay my safe down and just dump them in like a toy box.