JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mossberg makes some of the best shooting 22 bolt action rifles around and they are real affordable. $250 and less and they will shoot up with the best of them. I happen to have a couple three for sale but no matter what, they are one fine piece of work looks wise and shooting wise.

all .22 are fun but depends upon your definition

if you like to tinker and modify your gun a ruger mark 2 or 3 pistol and ruger 10/22 are the best choices because of the wide array of aftermarket parts

If you do not want to mod than a SIG 522 only 22 rifle I know which is built like a rifle not an airsoft gun like the GSG, HK, etc.

BTW while a .22 revolver is cool, it is a bubblegum to clean because of all the chambers in the cylinder. Since most people shoot alot of 22, an auto would be better

stay away from the criket rifles if you have chubby fingers hard to get into the reciever to load rounds

I've got a Ruger 10/22 but my favorite .22 long guns are a Henry lever action & a Marlin XT-22 bolt action. Love shooting .22 shorts in the Henry. A couple of extra magazines for the Marlin from Bimart makes for more shooting time. I'm looking for an AR style .22 so I can't comment on any of those.

On handguns I'm a big Ruger MK series fan. I've got several MK IIs, an MK I & a 22/45. One or 2 of these always goes when I head out shooting. A MK II & a fist full of loaded magazines equals a lot of fun. Yeah they're a pain to take apart for cleaing but you get use to it. And larger magazines would be great! But man are they accurate! If you like smaller guns the SR22 is fun also.

I've got a Ruger Single Six convertible. I tend to leave the .22 Mag cylinder in it. It's fun to pop off a .22 with a little more punch!

Don't see myself ever selling any of these guns. They are too much fun.

Don

The ammo shortage is slowly improving. 22LR is the most affordable caliber to shoot. Savage makes really good quality standard bolt and semi-auto rifles for reasonable prices. Most people who have shot the Savages and the market dominant Ruger 10/22 have told me the Savages are more accurate than the Ruger. I own a Browning Buckmark Camper pistol and it is great. For target shooting a 22LR pistol at a range you'll be equally happy with a Ruger MK3 (or any other target pistol of theirs) or one of the Browning Buckmarks.

It depends on what your style of shooting is; range toy type or more serious.

Savage Bolt is a great firearm and you are taking your time for accuracy, you are using very little of that .12/round ammo.

If you take kids to the range and want more of a run range plinker, get a 10/22 Charger pistol that is beat up and cheap and put it into a tactical Promag stock. Add all the crap on it - light, laser, bipod (lol), AFG. Young kids and ladies are more into that than a $2500 Wilson Combat.
In other words, know your audience.

You do more for the gun cause by taking young people and those who have never gone before than doing anything else. You are countering the "Pop Tart" programming that is being pushed so heavily. That guns are inherently evil and should be avoided at all costs.

You guys clean your 22s? I hardly ever do, they are self lubing as far as the barrel.. just a quick wipe of the chamber/bolt/cylinder gap area, unless they get too gummed up to work

similar to that several of you already posted, I have Mk II suppressed screw on, 10/22 not tricked except for trigger, Marlin 39M lever gun, AR7 screw on can. fortunately, prior to the shortage I had 30k bulk 22 shipped from CMP. so i'm good for a spell

similar to that several of you already posted, I have Mk II suppressed screw on, 10/22 not tricked except for trigger, Marlin 39M lever gun, AR7 screw on can. fortunately, prior to the shortage I had 30k bulk 22 shipped from CMP. so i'm good for a spell

You've got even more .22 than I do! :D

+1 on the Henry lever gun.

I picked up my little Henry from Freddy's a few months ago for under $300 including the transfer fee. Having never owned a lever action before, I was quite surprised to find how fun it is to shoot. Adding the Ruger Single Six really complemented the rifle. Now all I need is a serape and a cheroot and I'm good to go.

As an added bonus, the Henry's always seem to sell quickly and with little depreciation on the used market.

I picked up my little Henry from Freddy's a few months ago for under $300 including the transfer fee. Having never owned a lever action before, I was quite surprised to find how fun it is to shoot. Adding the Ruger Single Six really complemented the rifle. Now all I need is a serape and a cheroot and I'm good to go.

As an added bonus, the Henry's always seem to sell quickly and with little depreciation on the used market.

steel plate is a cool option...

0383812_4579_MC_Tx360.jpg

0383812_4579_MC_Tx360.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR