JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ruger is king of the .22s and for good reason. Get a single six, 10/22 or mkII. I have all three and would not sell any of them. DO not waste your time with a rough rider, get a used single six for just a little bit more. You will thank me later.

get the ammo before you get a gun.Gun no good without ammo,and .22 is hard to find these days.
the gun ? what is your budget? 'cheap' means nothing,varies with the individual.

$500

Yes good point about the ammo. Same thing happened when I bought my shield; had no ammo for weeks :(

If I were looking for a 500.00 fun gun,i'd find a used Ruger MK2 pistol with a long barrel,and put a scope on it for some long range plinking.One of the 'Hunter' series guns I think they are called.I enjoy knocking pieces of 'stuff' around at the 100-150 yard berms with a scoped handgun.

There's nothing wrong at all with the Ruger Mark III series of .22 pistols. However, once you have one you'll probably wind up like all the rest of us- tricking it out with aftermarket internal parts to lighten the trigger pull. I'd suggest going to your local gun store and handling some if at all possible.

I have both the Browning Buckmark and the M&P22. The buckmark is more accurate for me, but they are both great fun to shoot.

For a rifle, get a bolt action 22 such as a Savage Mark II. It will make you slow down and make the ammo last longer.

Now, if you want some fun and a sense of accomplishment. Get yourself an old used High-Standard with a good bore. I bought an old ugly Dura-matic years ago. Soaked the metal and removed what little was left of the Blueing and used some of that clay hardener stuff to replace the missing bits of bakelite on the grip. Did a cool custom paint job on the grip and left the rest bare metal. Really looked cool. Then I just replaced the springs and firing pin. Shot great and noooobody had one like it.

Ruger single six--reliable and quality that will outlast you. Also economical because it doesn't rip through ammo fast.

Ruger MkII/III--fun, accurate and reliable--just a PITA to clean thoroughly.

Henry lever action 22LR---FUN FUN FUN.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads