Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Fun gun for plinkiin - GSG 22 + Drum mag (and Makarov)

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by thirtycal, May 11, 2013.

1. thirtycal

thirtycal Camas, WA Active Member

Took advantage of the nice day here in the NW to shoot up some.22 ammo that I bought years ago. The price of .22 has increased about 4x recently, so I figured now would be a good time to either sell it, or use it... So I decided to use it!

The new crop of "tactical .22" rifles struck me as kinda silly - until I actually tried one my buddy recently picked up. It was a blast! So I when I popped into my LGS this week to pick up my Makarov transfer from out-of-state, I saw a GSG with a factory 110/rd drum mag on the wall, and took it home!

It turned out to be lots of fun. The stick mag worked flawlessly with a couple of different types of 22, but the drum had two rounds that hung up. Oh well I guess two out of a 110 isn't too bad :) I'll give the drum more range time and maybe it will redeem itself.

WP_001059_zps5a8c8e8e.jpg

WP_001060_zpsc8c98a8c.jpg

Oh yea I also took out the new (and I mean new) non-import marked Russian Makarov. I don't think it's been shot much (if ever). It got shot today, and worked fawlessly with Brown Bear ammo.

WP_001063_zps4d8202a9.jpg

-Thirtycal

2. misplacedtexan

misplacedtexan Beaverton, OR Active Member

wish I could find a drum for my HK MP5-22....would be pretty sweet!

Love the mak though!

3. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

Cool and cool :D .

Keith

4. Don H

Don H Oregon Well-Known Member

Awesome. Looks like lots of fun. Good for you for actually using the ammo, isn't that the whole point of this gun thing? ;-)