JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
had some good times this Sunday.
I've done several on a drill press, a few on a harbour freight mill and 1 on a grizzly mill...so this blew that all put of the park

20180603_103707.jpg 20180603_131548.jpg

wow dude! super clean. A milling machine definately is the "right" way to do it! those look excellent.

for a hobbiest like myself, heres what i did with a router, 4 flute carbide 5/16 endmill and 5D jig. it works good but, you can see where i hit behind the selector switch. also, theres a higher possibility of putting a bit of deflection on the endmill resulting in chatter or a broken bit as the router is guided with a guys hands instead of a nice smooth milling machine with more control.

979CBC34-A55F-4E35-85D2-67551BCA2749.jpeg
DA37E1E0-3457-477A-B420-5A0C0AE6BE53.jpeg

my garage will forever have aluminum chips in it.

wow dude! super clean. A milling machine definately is the "right" way to do it! those look excellent.

for a hobbiest like myself, heres what i did with a router, 4 flute carbide 5/16 endmill and 5D jig. it works good but, you can see where i hit behind the selector switch. also, theres a higher possibility of putting a bit of deflection on the endmill resulting in chatter or a broken bit as the router is guided with a guys hands instead of a nice smooth milling machine with more control.

View attachment 465950
View attachment 465951

I'm no expert, but I think that looks just fine!

View attachment 465950
View attachment 465951

I don't see a darn thing wrong with any of that work Buddy, looks great to me, and more importantly, it will work as intended! If your worried about cosmetics, don't!
I'll show ya some tricks in a week or two that will make it purtyier on the insides:D

I don't see a darn thing wrong with any of that work Buddy, looks great to me, and more importantly, it will work as intended! If your worried about cosmetics, don't!
I'll show ya some tricks in a week or two that will make it purtyier on the insides:D
thanks. i paint the inside of them with some industrial level stuff anyway :D and yes they work well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top