JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Do you guys carry with a full mag plus one or just pop a full mag in and rack the slide? I put one in the chamber, then pop in a full mag, so I have 14 in my G23. I also carry 2 full spare mags, for a total of 40rds on me.

Single stack .45. Insert full clip, rack slide, set safety, remove clip, add one more round, reinsert into gun. Into the holster it goes!

In most cases I add the extra rounds to the chamber and have a full mag.

I do have a couple of mags that seem to work better with one less round. But I always carry that round in the chamber for my concealed carry weapon. Plus an extra loaded magazine in my pocket.

Do you guys carry with a full mag plus one or just pop a full mag in and rack the slide? I put one in the chamber, then pop in a full mag, so I have 14 in my G23. I also carry 2 full spare mags, for a total of 40rds on me.

You shouldn't just pop one in the chamber. You should always load from the mag.

When the round pops up from the mag, the rim slides under the extractor. Popping one in and letting the slide fly makes the extractor hit the rim, and then have to slide all the way over it until it snaps in place.

It's a great way to screw up or damage the extractor, or the brass rim right where the extract is going to yank on it.

When you do that, the last round in the mag is pressing on the top of the slide- compressing the mag follower down even further.

It is bad for the mags to do that on a constant basis...I would only do that if you were doing a tactical reload.

I load only 28 rounds in my 30 round AR and AK magazines and I only load 7 rounds in my 8 round single stack magazines. This reduces the pressure on the magazine lips and gives me a warm and fuzzy if they are going to be loaded for long periods.

I do this as well...I only load them to about 25rnds though but for the same reason. And only 25rnds because I can disperse the rounds from the boxes better when they are in 5s or 10s.

Full mag +1 most of the time. The only time not is when I carry FNP-40, 14 in the mag makes a slight rattle noise (does it will all three factory mags). FNH said that shouldn't happen and I agree:s0112:

1 in the chamber, 1 space in the mag (that's in the gun). Less pressure on the magazine spring and if for whatever reason I am handling the gun, and unload it I don't have to store or handle the extra round until I put the magazine back in the gun. The previously chamber round just goes back in the magazine until it goes back in the gun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top