JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
HK USP 9, W/O extra mags, OC'd 95% of the time, in/out doors while awake and rests, as the majority of ya keep yours, in the galco leather holster on the bedstand next to me at night!

I carry a full size M&P .40, or a Spring field XDm 9mm with 5" barrel for everyday carry.

No issues. People are oblivious. Even if I WAS printing, people don't even notice or care.

It looks similar to that but mines black
I have a black one and a grey one .
I try to match the color of the pants I have on.
That one in the picture was not that much money I think like 24 bucks on eBay .
So for the price of one of the name brand ones
I got three of these in different colors

Once upon a time, I carried a stainless Colt Combat Commander in a Milt Sparks Nexus on a Bigfoot steel lined gunbelt. This combination was comfortable and easily concealed under and oversized t-shirt... A couple of recharges provided a comforting 25 rounds of .45 ACP... it proved to be a reasonably heavy load to carry daily.View attachment 499044

Nowadays, I find my EDC has become a Shield .45 in a Concealment Express kydex holster riding on that same Bigfoot steel lined gunbelt. This combination disappears and for me personally, unobtrusive in my daily routine. Much more comfortable due to its weight advantage and with a couple of recharges, still provides a reasonable 21 rounds of .45 ACP.
View attachment 499045

Honestly, it boils down to carry what your most proficient with and most comfortable with. Don't skimp on carry gear, invest in quality and you'll be rewarded with more comfortable and consistent carry. I learned that the hard way and have a box of holsters that are quite so impressive...
True lol I shoot my 1911 the best out of all my handgun but it's heavy so it doesn't get carried a lot .
Lately it's been the Glock 19 X
I have a Glock 22 also

i can carry full sized pistols in a good appendix rig with a good belt. I carried a 19 with an rmr, light, and comp that was about the size of a 34 and it was carryable. Although smaller blasters are easier and more comfy but I wont say that carrying a fullsize is uncomfortable nessessarily

I carried a 4" 1911 for around 4 months, and now I go back and forth between that an a 19X. I'm starting to see the appeal of something like a M&P Shield though. A good AIWB holster (claw, wedge) with a good belt can definitely make a bigger pistol disappear to the average bystander, but it won't make it disappear to *you*, if you get what I mean.

Wore this from 0400 to 2100, 5 hours while on an airplane and five hours in a car. Clothing was jeans and a polo shirt. No one noticed, including me! Super comfortable.

6177873F-1CBF-4BCB-A7FB-3AE1888CFC65.jpeg

5" 1911 in an Uncle Mike's IWB. It helps that I always leave my shirttail untucked, and there are enough lumps and bumps and bulges from body shape (5'6", 220#) and other gear (my wad of keys alone could choke a horse!) that it'd be hard to find the printing "signal" among the other stuff's "noise"...

For winter (more and looser clothes) I carry a sig 239 (single stack .40) IWB. In the summer, I have a pocket holster for a sig 250 (single stack 9mm). I think it's the single stack that makes the difference in conceal ability, not the overall length. A 14 round mag, single stack is also not going to conceal well, so height makes a difference.

I usually carry my compact 45 IWB with a Versacarry. I have carried my 1911 with it and it's not so bad. The versacarry comes in S/M/L lengths so you can adjust ride depth accordingly. I use the longest one with both the compact and 1911. I also like to use my issue shoulder holster with the 1911. Just depends on if it's a day that I can wear an appropriate outer layer.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top