JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had one of my surplus handguns for sale on consignment at the FFL I deal with. He called yesterday to tell me he had sold the gun and he had money for me. Today, I drove up to the shop. After I picked up my money, I was looking at their offerings. I have a few semi auto rifles that I may yet sell. I noticed that the AR rack in the shop was pretty full, maybe 12 to 15 of them. I think they all had the telescoping adjustable stocks, none had the A1 or A2 stock. So I asked, "How are the AR's selling these days?" The lady told me, "Nobody is buying them." Then I asked, "How about an M1A?" She then said, "That we can sell tomorrow, we have people we can call who want one."

Now that everyone and his brother has loaded up on about all the AR's they can digest, the market is saturated. Or so it would seem from this example. Maybe if Wash. passes an assault weapon ban, there will be a big rush on them to beat a deadline.

In general, the sale of used guns in this shop seems to have slowed way down. During the Covid panic 2021, their handgun cases were pretty scant. Now, they are pretty filled up again.

It may not be just market saturation. I suspect I'm not alone in thinking there are better things to do with my money than throw it away. Meaning, there's no point in bringing home an AR -style firearm that will be, in essence, confiscated within the next two - five years. Not that I won't continue to fight against it, but even the number of us already doing that hasn't been enough to stem the incremental tide in Olympia.

It may not be just market saturation. I suspect I'm not alone in thinking there are better things to do with my money than throw it away. Meaning, there's no point in bringing home an AR -style firearm that will be, in essence, confiscated within the next two - five years
You make a good point. There are two ways people will look at this. One, what you outlined. Two, "I wanna get as many as I can while I can" and consequences beyond that aren't as important in their minds.

The ban under current consideration includes restrictions on where they could be used. Personally, mere owning of an object isn't good enough for me. I want to be able to fully enjoy it as I see fit.

It's way too early to tell yet. But I've been thinking. It might just be that the real wire-pullers in Olympia are looking ahead to the mid-term election less than a year away. Yes, they reintroduced the assault weapon ban but that may have just been a sop to the doctrinaire gun-haters in their party. So the ban in 2022 was never meant as a serious effort, but in the 2023 session, there won't be an election right around the corner. Time will reveal part of the answer.

It's interesting to note, the Ruger Mini-14 isn't on the list. There is the "copy cat" provision, I wonder if some bright intern in the DOJ will point out the similarities between that rifle and the M1A, which is on the list.

It may not be just market saturation. I suspect I'm not alone in thinking there are better things to do with my money than throw it away. Meaning, there's no point in bringing home an AR -style firearm that will be, in essence, confiscated within the next two - five years. Not that I won't continue to fight against it, but even the number of us already doing that hasn't been enough to stem the incremental tide in Olympia.
Self fulfilling prophecy. If you have allowed the opposition to firmly plant this mentality in your brain then they have already won. The best thing each and every one of us can do is to live free and exercise our rights. Make it a habit as habits are hard to break! You don't have to be an activist, you don't have to march, you don't have to testify, you don't have organize rallies, you just need to get out and exercise your rights, stay positive and embrace being a free American and the rights that we have. So go out and go shooting and spread those freedom seeds!!!

Self fulfilling prophecy. If you have allowed the opposition to firmly plant this mentality in your brain then they have already won. The best thing each and every one of us can do is to live free and exercise our rights. Make it a habit as habits are hard to break! You don't have to be an activist, you don't have to march, you don't have to testify, you don't have organize rallies, you just need to get out and exercise your rights, stay positive and embrace being a free American and the rights that we have. So go out and go shooting and spread those freedom seeds!!!
Sadly the loss of the AR will again be laid right at the feet of gun owners who allowed it to happen. We have a LOT of gun owners who either pay no attention to what is going on or worse they support it. Many do not own an AR so they do not care. They really think when they take them they will not come after the guns they do own. When Bimart said they were not going to sell them to people old enough to go into the Military there were people here who supported this. When I said I am glad you like this idea because they will later come for your AR too they of course got mad. :s0092:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top