JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Please keep after her! Thanks. tkdguy

You know what REALLY sucks? If she votes for SB941 and I file the petition, and this recall is ultimately successful, and she either resigns or gets voted out, the County commissioners have to appoint a replacement to fill the vacancy with someone from the same political party.... ugggh!

It'll still be worth it though... if she votes for it, its on! :mad:

You know what REALLY sucks? If she votes for SB941 and I file the petition, and this recall is ultimately successful, and she either resigns or gets voted out, the County commissioners have to appoint a replacement to fill the vacancy with someone from the same political party.... ugggh!

That would be a pretty strong message though.....

While that does suck, it should sen a very clear message to her replacement - don't vote for gun control or you'll get the same! And I think that's the first message I'll send to any successful recall replacement: "Congratulations on your new position as my representative. You're here now because the last rep refused to listen to the voice of their constituents. I strongly recommend you do just that and vote NO on any and all legislation that places any restriction on or lessens any rights of the voters in your district. If we need to recall again, be assured, we will. Enjoy your stay in Salem, have a nice day" ;)

Well the kicker to that is... Betty Komp has never come out publicly as pro-2A or anti-2A (AFAIK) Her claim to fame, and ALL she ever talks about in her news letters is education, education, education... always education.

The funding bill for schools that she was so recently proud of (she chairs that committee) just got blown from the water today by the Oregon Courts, as they just lost 1.6 BILLION DOLLARS from the general budget to fund the PERS system that they had planned on saving by "changing the deal" and reducing those benefits. I just knew there was going to be a last minute "crisis" so they could get their grubby hands on the tax kicker. :mad:

It seems that the majority of legislators who have education as a primary issue when they run for office are also anti-gun, and often are former teachers as well.

They are just playing to the public employees of the state who are all collecting PERS which the rest of us have to pay for.

It's amazing the information one can garner from the Secretary of State's website... home phone numbers, home addresses, personal email addresses, etc.... I had no idea Betty Komp lived next door to one of my daughter's friend's house! :eek:

This is by no means meant in any way that I plan to harass, or make Rep. Komp feel threatened in anyway, other than losing her political office. Despite my abject anger over this issue, I will be respectful and as pleasant as an old Infantry Drill Sergeant can be! o_O

I've got some stuff brewing, and I'm conversing with some political "heavy hitters" in my district. When I pull the trigger on this thing, it'll feel like thunder underground. :mad:

I emailed all the Marion County Commissioners (all Republicans) this morning, notifying them of the impending recall efforts I'm about to launch. I actually received a phone call from one of them not 45 minutes later!

I've been told by a lot of local people to start a Facebook page, and they'll link up to it and share it... social media will be used as a sledgehammer against them!

I emailed all the Marion County Commissioners (all Republicans) this morning, notifying them of the impending recall efforts I'm about to launch. I actually received a phone call from one of them not 45 minutes later!

I've been told by a lot of local people to start a Facebook page, and they'll link up to it and share it... social media will be used as a sledgehammer against them!

Once you get started, you have only 90 days to collect signatures. So make sure you get your team assembled and squared away before you commit and swing the sledgehammer. That 90 days might go by pretty quickly. And it sounds like the guys who got the Riley campaign going are willing to share information as well to help make the effort a bit smoother!
Best of luck!

Once you get started, you have only 90 days to collect signatures. So make sure you get your team assembled and squared away before you commit and swing the sledgehammer. That 90 days might go by pretty quickly. And it sounds like the guys who got the Riley campaign going are willing to share information as well to help make the effort a bit smoother!
Best of luck!

Yes, wasting time trying to get groups to help you is a mistake.

Be cautious of even the republican legislators who offer help. We've ran into ones that were very self serving.

also, dont trust anyone. The person that tried to scam the group hurt us more than we realized . I just found out yesterday she was telling people 3 weeks ago we did not want their help without our knowledge. So If someone come in and tries to get you to let them run the recall, assume they are up to no good. Tell them you will accept donations first, and then consider letting them help.

Heh, I remember Komp's first campaign years ago. She was leaving phone messages on my machine every day. Her response to my email was "this is the best way we have to get the word out". Took me 5 minutes to find an email contact for her via any website but she had all those phone numbers autodialed in. Shes an educrat plain and simple.

Good luck with the recall Stomper.

I've been pretty strapped for spare time because of the day job, but I'm still getting my research on all the prefincts done before I submit the petition application.

I'm still networking with some folks "in the know" (even spoke with one of our County Commissioners), and working on getting access to the entire mailing address database for all registered voters, and I can get it by political party as well...

Unfortunately nothing moves terribly fast in politics when you're trying to undo damage, but the key to this working is having everything primed up and ready to go in order to beat the 90 deadline gathering signatures.

Last Edited:
I applaud the effort and conviction however.............they dont care...

they are willing to go down as the martyrs that brought gun registration to the country this will add to their notoriety

Carry On

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads