JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ill just take the pic with none of the internals in it, and no springs either. Put the switch all the way over, take the pic, and the crop out that it dont have any upper or firing mech in it! :s0114:

Wow Wow Wow people.......everybody is worried about baaaad parts to make there guns look cool. In Washington...a machinegun part is a machinegun part regardless of how the weapon fires. What about the full auto springs? NO machinegun can work without springs......outlaw ALL springs.............full auto springs are baaaaaad!

I dont think anyone said outlaw anything. I am pretty sure the majority of this thread is just people advising that putting parts in it to make it look like it does something it does not is a bad idea. Washifornia is different, your NFA laws leave a lot to desire. however in Oregon we can have those parts and install them. The main point is, if you make the gun look like it has the ability to fire full auto even though it cannot. there is a higher likely hood of having to deal with law enforcement.

One problem the OP may run into with modifying a part to rotate to the auto position is if the officer says "did you modify the gun at all". I have been asked this when my gun malfunctioned. Luckly for me I could honestly say No I have not. Where in this case you would have to answer, Yes i modified my gun. And that is where you may get into constructive intent. Will the charges stick? most likely not. but is it worth going to jail, having your gun seized, having to hire a lawyer. For me the answer is no. Not just to look cool. For others the answer may be yes. I would like to spend thousands on legal fees to look cool to my friends.

I dont think anyone said outlaw anything. I am pretty sure the majority of this thread is just people advising that putting parts in it to make it look like it does something it does not is a bad idea. Washifornia is different, your NFA laws leave a lot to desire. however in Oregon we can have those parts and install them. The main point is, if you make the gun look like it has the ability to fire full auto even though it cannot. there is a higher likely hood of having to deal with law enforcement.

One problem the OP may run into with modifying a part to rotate to the auto position is if the officer says "did you modify the gun at all". I have been asked this when my gun malfunctioned. Luckly for me I could honestly say No I have not. Where in this case you would have to answer, Yes i modified my gun. And that is where you may get into constructive intent. Will the charges stick? most likely not. but is it worth going to jail, having your gun seized, having to hire a lawyer. For me the answer is no. Not just to look cool. For others the answer may be yes. I would like to spend thousands on legal fees to look cool to my friends.

I'm asking.............has a police officer EVER checked out someone's selector?
You keep saying "It''s not worth going to jail" "It's not worth having to hire a lawyer"

Has anyone EVER had to go to court, jail, or hire a lawyer for this?

On the other side of the coin. An AR15 looks exactly like an M16. Do people get hassled because their AR LOOKS like an M16?

How many cases are there of people dealing with the cops on this matter?

As i am sure you know, i don't have an answer for that as i am not a lawyer. I definitely don't study case law. But i also know there are a lot of officers who know very little about firearms laws. There are plenty of arrests with no charges filed. Personally i don't like handcuffs unless they are on my wife. Will it happen probably not, but it can.

As i am sure you know, i don't have an answer for that as i am not a lawyer. I definitely don't study case law. But i also know there are a lot of officers who know very little about firearms laws. There are plenty of arrests with no charges filed. Personally i don't like handcuffs unless they are on my wife. Will it happen probably not, but it can.

I like handcuffs on your wife also.:s0114::s0114:

I'm asking.............has a police officer EVER checked out someone's selector?

My answer to this is YES. I have had mine checked. I had an AR empty mags. No modification made to the gun. I never found out why it did it, but after a really through cleaning it never did it again. But when the officer showed up he inspected everything on the rifle. I was let go, as he couldn't figure out why it was going auto either. He let me keep the rifle and leave. But that rifle was throughly inspected.

Is this the same as having a part that just makes it look like it could. No, but they will inspect if there is a problem.

I doubt you will ever run into a problem. I a never meant to say you will go to jail. but there is a chance. albeit a small one. but more then i would like just to look cool.

Coctailer...I agree with your analogy about the AR15 vs. M16. Do they make a semi auto stock, hand grip or forearm? If I am not mistaken...they are the very same parts on both rifles. Washington is very specific about the FCG. I was obviuosly being sarcastic in my previous post. But my point is that the very same trigger, hammer, disconnector springs and recoil spring are in both rifles. If the gun only fires one round per one squeeze regardless of the parts, the feds realy don't have a problem. It is this antiquated state that has the stupid laws. The private ownership of a full auto in Washington was outlawed in 1938. The state politicians were scared of gangsters and tommy guns. We are the only state west of the Mississippi that you can not privately own even if you pass all the background checks. We can't even have any SBR or SBS as of September 6 of 1996. That door was shut by adding to words to ownerrship in this state. Official duty....No one shall own or posses unless you are on official duty. Both military and law enforcment. There is however 1,256 privately owned full auto in this state to members of the military before the door closed. They are allowed to keep what they have but can never sell them inside this state. I personally know some of these owners and have shot there guns on Ft. Lewis.

You keep saying "It''s not worth going to jail" "It's not worth having to hire a lawyer"

Has anyone EVER had to go to court, jail, or hire a lawyer for this?

On the other side of the coin. An AR15 looks exactly like an M16. Do people get hassled because their AR LOOKS like an M16?

I don't think there is any law about the looks of a semi-auto. There is a law about machine gun parts though.

I am building a custom Mega Machine lower and have a question. The lower is marked for full auto. Full auto is legal to own in Washington State but not to shot. My question is can I use a FA selector swith in my SA gun legally? And whould it work? I want the apperance of FA with out the hassle. Thank you in advance.

The answer to his question is no. Even if he can do it illegally but not get caught the answer is the same.

Yes. I had an HK53 clone. I told the officer shooting it to put it in the Full Auto position. He looked at me with a frown, I said "trust me, but just hold on real tight".

He did. And flinched hard. I laughed. He called me an ***.

It was a semi-auto clone. :D

However, back to the original posting. If you put a FA selector in a Semi-Auto AR-15, it only fire in semi-auto due to the design of the semi-auto disconnector.

Depending on the specific laws of your state, even a modified FA selector could be construed as a "full auto machinegun part" and cause grief. The idea being that the ONLY reason to have a FA selector is to create a FA gun. This is unlike having a FA bolt carrier.

In short, it isn't worth it for poser looks. Just use a semi and be done with it.

I was hassled by a park ranger in Washougal about my Spikes .22 upper cause "it looked like an M16". The ranger was a dick and I had to explain the laws to him and he asked me to open the gun up and I told him, "No". As the selector did not move past fire, he no probably cause to suggest it may have auto parts in it.

This was a case of the ranger knowing just enough to be dangerous, just like most cops. It was a pain in the *** as it wasted about 30 minutes of shooting time and I felt like I was talking to a 5 year old about guns. Personally, I'm not into the looking cool with the Full or Auto pictograms and the switch moving to that point.

I've also been bugged at Wade's in Bellevue by some cops who were there with their Colt's practicing. They said they had M16's but I educated them that their guns were not much different than my MEGA since they were simply 6920's.

I have several M16 parts sets but they reside in OR awaiting my SOT, if the ATF doesn't lose my apps again.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top