JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Video - annoying voice over

Assault Rifle Slow-Mo

(Assault is correct as this is a full auto)
The Slow Mo Guys fired off a fully-automatic assault rifle and captured its action at 18,000 fps, showing off every detail of the firing mechanism grabbing bullets, placing them in the firing chamber, and letting the casings fly. -

Interesting. Not sure about that 18,000 fps/720 times slower than normal claim.

720 times slower---55 gr bullet at 3200 divided by 720= 4.44 feet per second.
Pretty slow. Anybody see any bullets as they exit the muzzle?

Video - annoying voice over

Assault Rifle Slow-Mo

(Assault is correct as this is a full auto)
Slow Mo Guys fired off a fully-automatic assault rifle and captured its action at 18,000 fps, showing off every detail of the firing mechanism grabbing bullets, placing them in the firing chamber, and letting the casings fly. -

So your saying if a 10-22 or a bb gun is fully automatic it a assault rifle also !!!

Don't be putting words in my mouth --
one of my major irritants in this world is hearing "Ric said...."

Medium caliber bullet - check
Select fire/Full auto - check
Tacti-Cool color scheme - you know it!

Be sure to see the follow up video -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp5...tion_923158209&feature=iv&src_vid=OubvTOHWTms

You put it in ( ) not me.
When it is stamped from the factory assault rifle it will then and only then be an assault rifle until then it is whatever is stamped on the mag well or barrel. Quit passing the lie put forth by the anti's.

What is stamped on the rifle? That is what it is. Assault is what you do with it. So you are blaming the rifle for what a person does with it. Your just keeping the anti's lie alive.

Assault rifle has an actual definition (not "assault weapon" made up by the antis because the firearms they were trying to classify didn't meet that definition). A select fire 10-22 or bb gun wouldn't meet that definition either (not an intermediate cartridge). Plus AR in AR-15 doesn't stand for assault rifle if that the magwell rollmark you are thinking of. I'm not blaming the rifle for anything, except being the awesome subject in an impressive slow-mo video.

Assault rifle has an actual definition (not "assault weapon" made up by the antis because the firearms they were trying to classify didn't meet that definition). A select fire 10-22 or bb gun wouldn't meet that definition either (not an intermediate cartridge). Plus AR in AR-15 doesn't stand for assault rifle if that the magwell rollmark you are thinking of. I'm not blaming the rifle for anything, except being the awesome subject in an impressive slow-mo video.

the definition and the source of the definition is ? and yes we know or should know ar stands for armorlite.

Yes, ArmaLite Rifle

Assault rifle - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
assault rifle
noun (Concise Encyclopedia)

Military firearm that is chambered for ammunition of reduced size or propellant charge and has the capacity to switch between semiautomatic and fully automatic fire. Light and portable, yet able to deliver a high volume of fire with reasonable accuracy at modern combat ranges of 1,000–1,600 ft (300–500 m), assault rifles have become the standard infantry weapon of modern armies. Their ease of handling makes them ideal for mobile assault troops crowded into personnel carriers or helicopters, as well as for guerrilla fighters engaged in jungle or urban warfare. Widely used assault rifles are the U.S. M16, the Soviet Kalashnikov (the AK-47 and modernized versions), the Belgian FAL and FNC, and the German G3.

your kidding .... right. they change the definition of words depending on the direction of the wind ( the definition of is when clinton had his little ta ta with monica )
assault rifle is a term picked up and ran with by the anti's. ( U.S. M16, the Soviet Kalashnikov the AK-47 etc are just that a m-16 or a ak 47) assault rifle is a term used by people not a rifle at all otherwise how can so many different types of rifles be the one in the same.

your kidding .... right. they change the definition of words depending on the direction of the wind ( the definition of is when clinton had his little ta ta with monica )
assault rifle is a term picked up and ran with by the anti's. ( U.S. M16, the Soviet Kalashnikov the AK-47 etc are just that a m-16 or a ak 47) assault rifle is a term used by people not a rifle at all otherwise how can so many different types of rifles be the one in the same.

Thats when assault weapon was introduced. As in Assault Weapon Ban of 1994-2004.
Assault rifle
was back in 1944 with the Sturmgewehr-44 (storm - or assault- rifle model 1944)

Thats when assault weapon was introduced. As in Assault Weapon Ban of 1994-2004.
Assault rifle
was back in 1944 with the Sturmgewehr-44 (storm - or assault- rifle model 1944)
I guess they didn't have any anti's in 1944 also that doesn't explain how a multitude of rifles have the same name "assault rifle" unlike a ar15 or a m16a1 etc. that have only one rifle type under that name if there are any changes to the rifle (other than minor ones) the name changes m16a2. So once again there is no assault rifle.

So once again there is no assault rifle.

Ok. I'm done arguing about the semantics. Look up the definitions and history of each if you care.
I do agree that rifles are not alive and therefore have no possibility of moral turpitude. It's up to the sumbubblegum holding it. So I think we are on the same page that the the anti gun crowd trying to give personalities to machines.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top