JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What would the legality be of a fully automatic mk. 19 chambered for 37mm flares? I mean, flare launchers are specifically not considered firearms... It would be pretty cool to have the mother of all flare launchers. Someone should make it. :gun09:

As far as I can figure right now, it would be completely legal. Immediately after you make it though good ol' BATFE will change the rules on you because it's illegal to have that much fun. :s0114: Anyone remember the Akins Accelerator? :angry:

As far as I can figure right now, it would be completely legal. Immediately after you make it though good ol' BATFE will change the rules on you because it's illegal to have that much fun. :s0114: Anyone remember the Akins Accelerator? :angry:

I doubt it would be legal as unlike a 37mm launcher where you have to add the 40mm barrel for it to be a destructive device (or fire some sort of anti-human ammo through it), a full auto 37mm would still be a machinegun since it would have a functional machinegun receiver of some sort.

Based on what I learned from the Akins debacle: "I'll bet if I do this to get around the technical law, then I can..." "NO. You can't."
They WILL simply change the way they read and enforce the law. It will be up to you to prove that you didn't break it according to their new interpretation.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it could easily be converted to fire anything other then the 37mm, the ATF most certainly will rule it a machine gun.

and as stated before, you may be legal for a little bit, but the rules will be changed and it will be up to you to prove you were playing by them.

Honestly call the ATF Firearms technology branch (304-260-1700) Let them know you have an idea for a non firearm, but would like to know what the ruling might be. The only way to truly know would be for an 07/02 to send one in for evaluation. you can remain anonymous.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top