JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Until finding this website I was under the impression that it was illegal to advertise FTF sales even if not crossing State lines. Could someone clarify this for me because I am interested in buying used firearms but can't drive around to every gun shop and pawn shop within a 50 mile radius.

You will learn (as I did) They will tell you anything to do with a firearm is illegel MOST COPS DONT KNOW Whats legel and whats not. Most try these "Scare Tactics" to make you (AND all of US) stick your head between your legs and do nothing. Even many "Sheep-ple" think any "scary looking" gun is illegel. AND THEY ARE WRONG!

Google "Gun laws" and learn the gun laws of YOUR state for YOUR SELF you may be very happy by the time your done and it will most definatly help put your mind at ease.

Also I know thet write the laws to be AS CONFUSING as POSSIBLE because law is a matter of interpretation. Check out "Oregon Firearm Federation" I found it very helpful (although I am a WA res) They help clarify alot of the confusing laws.

Hi Murdoc,

One. If you do not have a FFL and you are not buying from a FFL holder. FTF is just fine.
Two. The Buyer and the Sell live in the same State and that is the same State that the deal is being made in. (Buy Sell Sale location is all Oregon)
Three. As Far as Advertise you can advertise any way you want and any place you can.

Hope this helps,
Tony Portland, Oregon Area

Hi Murdoc,

One. If you do not have a FFL and you are not buying from a FFL holder. FTF is just fine.
Two. The Buyer and the Sell live in the same State and that is the same State that the deal is being made in. (Buy Sell Sale location is all Oregon)
Three. As Far as Advertise you can advertise any way you want and any place you can.

Hope this helps,
Tony Portland, Oregon Area

Thanks everybody, sounds like I need to educate myself rather than listen to others opinion or interpretation of the law. Thanks Muddslinger and Tony

Last Edited:
A friend of mine that is a retired Cop seemed to believe that it was illegal to advertise firearms for sale unless done by FFL

I have said it over and over again. LEO's are the WORST place to get legal information from. It proves to be wrong over and over again.

Just what law (the written thing that says what is actually illegal) was he "believing" made it illegal? Without a law to back up opinions they are just that!

Until finding this website I was under the impression that it was illegal to advertise FTF sales even if not crossing State lines. Could someone clarify this for me because I am interested in buying used firearms but can't drive around to every gun shop and pawn shop within a 50 mile radius.

As the federal law only pertains to INTERSTATE commerce, what happens within a state is up to the state government.

Point #2: We use the British style of law...that which is not specifically prohibited, is permitted. Oregon firearm law is in ORS 166. (WA's is in RCW 9.41) you need to read it...but you will not find anything about FTF sales in either...because FTF is legal.

Now, you wish to purchase a used firearm, pistol, shotgun or rifle, FTF in OR, an you live in OR...you can do that. Do you know exactly what you are looking for? If so, there is a section on this web site for buy, sell, trade. Just put in a wanted to buy request...if someone here has what you want, you will get offers.

I am sure there are other OR firearms sites that may or may not have a buy, sell, trade sections. Also then there are some national sites like OpenCarry.org that have state specific forums. Go to "forums" an scroll down to Oregon's.

Thats quite a statement, without having met him. Confused, uneducated, full of disinformation from havin served his country and community probably but that man is NO IDIOT.

OK, so he's not an idiot. Then what do you call a LOE that spouts off things he THINKS are laws but really aren't?
What do you call your friend that just says stuff he thinks are illegal,because he never took the time to actually investigate them?
How many other things has he said before he ever looked them up at the state web site?
How many people has he sent to court for something he THOUGHT was illegal but really wasn't? Costing them a day's wages and maybe their job.

they say that the cops can't know every law on the books.
Then why write a ticket or arrest someone for something they are ignorant about?
Why,when we as citizens can take 30 seconds to find the law?

What do you want us to call you uninformed friend?

Redcap,have any suggestions?

OK, so he's not an idiot. Then what do you call a LOE that spouts off things he THINKS are laws but really aren't?
What do you call your friend that just says stuff he thinks are illegal,because he never took the time to actually investigate them?
How many other things has he said before he ever looked them up at the state web site?
How many people has he sent to court for something he THOUGHT was illegal but really wasn't? Costing them a day's wages and maybe their job.

they say that the cops can't know every law on the books.
Then why write a ticket or arrest someone for something they are ignorant about?
Why,when we as citizens can take 30 seconds to find the law?

What do you want us to call you uninformed friend?

Redcap,have any suggestions?

Since you put it that way..."dumbass" seems more fitting.

You can even go to OregonLive and see guns advertised in the classifieds. Hard to miss that one and the print version of the local fish wrapper under sporting goods. All by good individuals seeking to sell what they own.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top