Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

FS/FT: Colt Detective Special (Bellevue, WA)

Discussion in 'Handgun Classifieds' started by TMann, Nov 9, 2009.

1. TMann

TMann Washington State Member

The Colt has been sold.

I listed this gun last month, and things didn’t work out with the buyers, so I’m putting this gun back up for sale.

For sale is a 3rd generation Colt Detective Special. The DS is a 6 shot, all-steel, .38 special. This particular gun is in excellent condition. The finish is beautiful, with only a few small blemishes including a light turn line, a small scratch on the top, some sanding marks on the wood grips and a worn spot on the bottom of the backstrap, (see photos.) Please note that these imperfections are barely noticeable unless you're looking for them. The gun will come with a set of rosewood grips, a set of black Pachmayr grips, and an HK speedloader. I have put about 75 rounds through this gun, and it functions flawlessly. The trigger is smooth and the lockup is super-tight.

Price: $500 shipped from my FFL to your FFL; if you don't want the Pachmayr grips and speedloader, then $475 shipped. I apologize that I don’t have time for a FTF sale, unless you can meet me around the Bellevue area of Washington. The holiday season is starting to get busy, and I won’t time to drive far for a FTF meeting.

Trade options (+/- cash) include:

- S&W .357 revolver, K or L frame, 2 to 4” barrel preferred
    - S&W Airweight J-frames - no-lock only
    - Ruger Speed/Security/Service Six in .357 3 or 4" barrel preferred
    - Ruger SP 101 - 3” barrel preferred
    - Ruger GP 100 - 3 or 4" barrel preferred
    - Kahr 9mms
    - Sig 239, 228 or 229
    - CZ Compact 9mm
    - Glock 19 or 26
    - S&W M&P 9mms
    - Other pistols considered

Again, trades are FTF in the Bellevue area only. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for looking!

TMann

2. treemanx

treemanx Spray, Or. Active Member

Holy ****! Nice gun, wish I had the funds. This shouldnt last long at that price, maybe I'll go sell a lung to get the cash! Quit smoking recently, so I dont need the other one anymore!

3. TMann

treemanx: Thanks for the compliment. And congrats on stopping smoking. :thumbup: Your body will be much happier without all of that stuff clogging up your arteries, and messing up your lungs.

TMann

4. TMann

Bump for price drop and added trade options.
    TMann

<Please do not "bump" your AD more than once per week. Edit your original post with new info/updates. Thanks>

5. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Arghhhhhhh. You're killin' me. If I hadn't just dropped $1K on a safe I would jump on this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.