Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Frontline Arms

Discussion in 'Business Discussion & Reviews' started by Soren, May 10, 2013.

1. Soren

Soren Beaverton, Oregon Active Member

Frontline Arms in Beaverton (on 1st between Watson and Hall) is a newer shop, only about three or four months old. It is part of the Beaverton CBG group (Coins, Barber and Guns). I don't know of anywhere else that you can go to get a haircut then buy a gun or some coins, or go to purchase a gun or some coins then get a haircut. John Laird, who is the owner of gun part of the shop is very friendly and treats each person that comes in as if they are his most important customer. His prices are also very fair. He only charges $25 (plus $10 for the background check) for transfers. He has a decent selection and is willing to try and get you anything that he does not have in stock. He also does consignments (I'm not sure what he charges for that).

My wife and I have made several purchases there and a transfer. Each time everything has gone very smooth.

One more thing the first Thursday evening of every month at 6:30 PM, they host an open house "Show and Tell" thing that is pretty cool. People bring in old guns to share, firearms with personal stories and what not. I've gone the last couple months and it's pretty fun. Not to mention, they have free food.

They're still working on getting a website up and running,

2. aksu747

aksu747 Beaverton Active Member

I just stopped by today to check then out,they had amazing prices,and great customer service.
    I'm going to have to go back there in a week or two and buy that Enfeild they had today.

3. ronin223

ronin223 Portland Active Member

anyone know if they carry small ar-15 parts

4. aksu747

aksu747 Beaverton Active Member

I believe so.

5. Soren

They finally have a website. the address is http://www.frontlinearms.net. Looks like they are still in the process of adding their inventory. I was there today and they had a lot more in the shop than what they have online.

6. jc79

jc79 Beaverton Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Stopped by Frontline Arms today to check them out. They had about a dozen or so rifles & shotguns on the wall, as a couple dozen handguns. A decent selection with pretty good prices. I chatted with Casey for quite a bit and he seemed like a pretty stand up guy. They're still in the process of starting out, so inventory isn't quite up to where he wants it yet. I asked about AR parts and he said not yet, but there's an empty section of the shop where he pointed out accessories will go. He mentioned they weren't willing to raise prices and gouge people because he wants to build his business the right way by treating his customers right and gaining a reputation for doing so.

Bought some ammo from them to give them some support, even though I originally wasn't intending to buy anything. I'll definitely be considering Frontline Arms next time I'm considering a firearm purchase.

7. Steve M

Steve M Beaverton, OR Well-Known Member

M&P15 SPORT having an MSRP of $850 is $880 at Fisherman's, Frontline price is $670. Guess where I'm buying all of my guns from now on.

8. Soren

Just got an email that Frontline Arms is moving into the store space next door to where they are currently at. They will be in the same building, but next door. Their new address will be: 12490 SW 1st St, Beaverton

9. Steve M

That explains why the CHL class scheduled for next week got moved to a different venue. Last time I was there they mentioned increasing their stock on hand so perhaps they needed to move to get more space.

10. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Beaverton, OR Active Member

Their show-and-tell got cancelled too because of the move stuff, but that's alright, sounds like it will be for the best. Just bought a Ruger SR22 from them for $15 more than the one on the shelf at Fisherman's Marine just to support Frontline, great guys and shop! And so close to home too, lol!

11. Steve M

According to their website they are open for business again. I've not been in yet, but plan to do so soon.

"We are directly across from the Beaverton Post Office at 12150 SW 1st ST. Our new location will help us serve you better by having more Firearms, Accessories and Ammo in stock."

12. gaijinsamurai

gaijinsamurai Beaverton Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I went there for the first time today, and was impressed. Selection is relatively small, and prices were so-so.

The proprieter is a nice guy, and I think his inventory will grow.

He charges $25+the OSP background check fee for FFL transfers, and I will plan on using him for my next transaction of that type.

13. tacticalgunner

tacticalgunner Wilsonville The Man, The Myth, The Legend Bronze Supporter

Nice to have a shop close to work, some things I like, some things I did not care for, will see.

14. tacticalgunner

15. Steve M

Yes, I could save $10 and leave some local nice guys without a sale by spending an hour on the road and burning up $4 in gas. Obviously your $660 price point is appreciated and good for those living closer to Milwaukie than Beaverton, but it also serves to point out that the non-cash prices at Frontline are very reasonable for our area and the cash prices are very hard to beat.

Since I plan to pay cash the Frontline prices are actually less that NW Armory unless they have cash pricing as well.

16. Iceman04503

Iceman04503 Portland, or Active Member

Nwarmory doesnt charge a fee for using a credit/debit card. So cash price is the same as credit price.

17. Steve M

Prices stated for Frontline are credit prices, cash price is discounted from that which is why their prices are actually lower and not $10 more as in the example of the M&P-15. The credit card companies get real testy when businesses use verbiage that makes it sound like there is a fee for paying with credit, but that is in fact what it is everywhere you shop, it's just a question of do they share the money savings with you if you avoid using credit?

I don't like to support Visa and Master Card making it rich by effectively driving up the prices of everything that I purchase so I'm more than happy to avoid running my debit card as a credit card if it will help a small business and especially if I get a discount. No debit cards at Target though, credit only with them if my wife must shop there!

18. tacticalgunner

Like I said, we'll see what the future holds, a little wary of one of their employees

19. tacticalgunner

So after getting to know the folks there, it has become a place i will consider. I was wary of Casey at first but grown to like him, John is a great guy. They are good with upholding their promises and got me something at a great price quickly. That made me happy. I will continue to buy stuff there, so far has been accessories but i will be purchacing something within the next 20 days that goes bang.

20. Mobius

Mobius Beaverton OR Active Member

I happened across them by chance. Had no idea they were there and while searching g for a new shield found them on armslist.

Casey (the gentleman behind the counter) was a pleasure to deal with and struck up conversation with me. I immediately noticed how fantastic their prices were. I purchased my shield for 399 plus background.

They had some ammo in stock for reasonable prices and had several rifles and handguns on the walls. It is in a house directly across from the Beaverton post office and they have been there for about a month. I will hands down be spending more of my monies there going forward.