JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Happened on my morning hunt today... This morning I saw an escapee from the Larch Corrections Facility. He ran onto the road, from in front of the facility, just as I was passing by. He was headed away from the prison but suddenly turned back, then away, then back and finally just stood there in the middle of the road looking confused and defeated. I approached within 50 feet and thought I could take him with the 9mm. He figured he was caught so he shrugged his shoulders and turned back to the prison. Wish I could have shot him. He was legal with 1 horn on the left and forked on the right. (The only buck I've seen this season!) I called out my window; "Get back In...mate!"

True story. Really, it happened. I know. I was there. Believe me, I know. Really happened.

First 3 days with those Wader-Gaiters... Dry as a bone! Can't wait till it rains! No, actually, the brush was real wet each morning and normally would have soaked my pants right away, but with Wader-Gaiters... Dry as a bone!

Now, if they only came with built-in Deer Magnets!
too bad I dont own any old worn out neoprene waders Id give this a try. I desperately need to do something other than changing out pants. I have some rather too expensive goretex mountaineering pants Ive been using but they are too noisy to walk in so I save those for only when the rain is falling. As long as its not raining often I can dry my hiking pants just by hiking out.

figures you'd see a buck in the only no shooting zone out there... at least you saw one. I hunted a total of 5 full days so far this season so far and seen a total of 3 elk and 18 deer and not one of them with antlers. o_O

So far not. In 60 degree weather anyway. I suppose it would depend on how much of a workout you're doing. I just creep along, pause, creep and so forth. So far so good.

Like I used to "still hunt". I'd stand by a tree (I loved hunting timber), look around for a few mins then slowly make my way to another tree. Rinse and repeat.....;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top