JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It was time to buy new waders. So what do you do with the old pair? This years wet hunting season led me to really wanting some gaiters (I want them every year!), but they cost a bit (or do they?). Then I got an idea...

Snip - Snip. Done. No sewing. No nothing. They are rigid enough to stay up without draw strings. Warm! Quiet. Comfy. Best of all, they shed the water and keep the pants dry. I can stay out longer!

I had two old pair and did this to both. Now both my son and I have excellent gaiters for hunting! Yee Haa!

You know them bike riders only ride bikes because they get to wear that spandex.:s0064:
b15be7f05bee0132b229005056a9545d.gif

Thats actually a brilliant idea! you could start collecting old waders and start a small business for extra cash.

People could really get into the green/reclaimed gators at a cheaper price.;):)

Thats actually a brilliant idea! you could start collecting old waders and start a small business for extra cash.

People could really get into the green/reclaimed gators at a cheaper price.;):)
Now you're talkin! Care to donate your old pair? :)

Actually, I do reuse the neopreme parts. I save the shoulder strap clips in case I want to make some kind of a strap that snaps together, I use the neo as padding inside leatherwork items like guitar straps or rifle slings, and I'm trying to think of what I could do with the whole upper chest part with the front pocket (should be useful for something!).

Thanks for the comments! Enjoy your new FREE gaitors!!!

Where were you when I threw my old ones out two weeks ago??face/palm??
That's an excellent idea and now you have me wondering how they would work for pheasant in the sage and knapp weed!

I never throw mine away, there is always a use for soft spongy material around the shop.
I built a dog ladder for my old boat that I covered with old neoprene wader remnants. Makes good handle protectors on yard utensils & whatnot.;)

It was time to buy new waders. So what do you do with the old pair? This years wet hunting season led me to really wanting some gaiters (I want them every year!), but they cost a bit (or do they?). Then I got an idea...

Snip - Snip. Done. No sewing. No nothing. They are rigid enough to stay up without draw strings. Warm! Quiet. Comfy. Best of all, they shed the water and keep the pants dry. I can stay out longer!

I had two old pair and did this to both. Now both my son and I have excellent gaiters for hunting! Yee Haa!

Nice gams. :)

Here's some more: :(

3582473815_1d72e4b46e_z.jpg

First 3 days with those Wader-Gaiters... Dry as a bone! Can't wait till it rains! No, actually, the brush was real wet each morning and normally would have soaked my pants right away, but with Wader-Gaiters... Dry as a bone!

Now, if they only came with built-in Deer Magnets!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top