JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Long over due with this hello. I've been chasing so many rabbits down so many holes, guess I forgot to say hi. I'm buried in bookmarks of all the things I want to revisit, I might need to retire first!

I found NWFA while looking for information regarding a intrastate (across state lines) transfer between close family members. I've still not answered this question with clarity but more on that in another post.

I'm really happy to have found NWFA. Feels like I've wandered into a friendly camp with a roaring fire and lots of great people sharing and helping each other out. I've been learning a lot and really appreciate all who make NWFA such a great resource. I enjoy all the laughs too! Thanks to all who support and contribute, looking forward to doing what I can to help out. Bunch of great folks here, glad I found NWFA. Best to all of you.

Welcome from E WA. State law, to my understanding , says if it's an immediate family member nothing has to be done. I confirmed this with our county sheriff who's a good friend. My brother in Oregon gave me a S & W 9mm a few months ago which I hope to get to the range today to finally shoot.

Welcome from E WA. State law, to my understanding , says if it's an immediate family member nothing has to be done. I confirmed this with our county sheriff who's a good friend. My brother in Oregon gave me a S & W 9mm a few months ago which I hope to get to the range today to finally shoot.
Better check those laws, a firearm from a relative in another state "MUST" be transferred, it has crossed state lines and requires an FFL... regardless of bloodlines...

Better check those laws, a firearm from a relative in another state "MUST" be transferred, it has crossed state lines and requires an FFL... regardless of bloodlines...

If you read RCW 9.41.113, which pertains to transfers to licensed dealers for all the necessary checks , etc...

(4) This section does not apply to:
(a) A transfer between immediate family members, which for this subsection shall be limited to spouses, domestic partners, parents, parents-in-law, children, siblings, siblings-in-law, grandparents, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, first cousins, aunts, and uncles, that is a bona fide gift or loan;

Texted the Sheriff and he confirmed that this subsection relieves us from going thru the process.
I did have my brother write out a letter with his name, address, and phone number, which I keep in my wallet just in case I'm ever questioned about it.

Good morning! Thanks for all the welcomes. Well, as far as firearms, I'd like a lot more than I have and mostly like the ones that go BANG! Handguns, long guns, shotguns, I like them all. Would love to shoot a muzzle loader. Lived many places in the world thanks to the USAF yet have spent most of my time in the NW at this point. Last assignment in WY before heading out here. I want to do more hunting, having mostly hunted upland game, looking to go elk and deer hunting next season. A few times, I've hunted deer and elk, yet so far they have been smarter than I. I like to shoot skeet and trap. Had the kids out at a youth day this past fall and had a great time so looking to join that range and do all kinds of shooting out there. Shortly after youth day they got motivated, started and finished completely, their hunter safety course in less than a week. Really looking forward to hunting with them next season. Hopefully soon will be starting to learn how to reload/handload as a good opportunity on all the gear might come my way. Trying not to count those eggs as chickens just yet. Got the AR bug so once the transfer issues are figured out I might have one of those, in 556. Collecting parts to build the ultimate SHTF gun. You know, the one that will do home defense, CQB, kill: deer, elk, hogs (just in case they invade WA), charging bears or mountain goats, and, squirrels right between the eyes at a thousand yards, with optics that will let me see the lunar landing sites and a can that will make it report like the sound of an empty paper cup dropped on dense shag carpet. Oh yes, in a mauve cerakote, looking to spend about $600. If I can't do that then I'll be happy to finish out a solid 308 build for bigger critters E. of here.
That's it for now, got to get to the rest of the day, you all have a good one! Thanks again, glad to be here!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top