JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What a great time to be a criminal,
I may have to rethink my career path.
I've often thought about heists a-la the movie "Foolproof." If you're willing to incapacitate an innocent person, even more criminal doors open.

The problem for the criminal mastermind in me is the guy with the morals sitting next to him. And, I suppose that's true for all or most of us.

People who pursue a life of crime do so regardless of law. I don't think these laws will have any noticeable affect on the motivations of the average criminal...though they may have dramatic affect on the apprehension of said criminal when the time comes.

I've often thought about heists a-la the movie "Foolproof." If you're willing to incapacitate an innocent person, even more criminal doors open.

The problem for the criminal mastermind in me is the guy with the morals sitting next to him. And, I suppose that's true for all or most of us.

People who pursue a life of crime do so regardless of law. I don't think these laws will have any noticeable affect on the motivations of the average criminal...though they may have dramatic affect on the apprehension of said criminal when the time comes.
Whereas those of us who protect our family and property will become the criminals in the mind of the anti-gunners and bleeding hearts that run this state.

I don't find this to be true at all. I will use my example of being a teacher to help demonstrate such.

In a class there is always generally going to be at least 1 kid who for whatever reason decides to break the classroom rules (I'm not talking about petty stuff, I mean classroom upending, education disrupting, sabotaging the classroom/student experience) serious behavior.

My response as the teacher seriously influences how the rest of the students react. If I am lax on dealing with the behavior the classroom starts to see that that serious behavior wasn't seriously dealt with and therefore logically all lesser offenses should slide by more easily as well. Before you know it, you start to see behaviors and actions pop up from kids who previously would not have done them because they see that the consequence just isn't there.

So, in the adult world. Same thing - if the populace starts to see that they can commit crime without consequence for their personal gain, it continues to grow and spread as more and more people start to think, "why not." You can see this pattern clearly demonstrated in any major city where democrats have decriminalized a lot of petty crime and that crime has skyrocketed, but more serious offenses have increased as well because of the sloping effect that participating in crime normalizes that behavior and that more serious crimes starts to be more acceptable.

I don't find this to be true at all. I will use my example of being a teacher to help demonstrate such.

In a class there is always generally going to be at least 1 kid who for whatever reason decides to break the classroom rules (I'm not talking about petty stuff, I mean classroom upending, education disrupting, sabotaging the classroom/student experience) serious behavior.

My response as the teacher seriously influences how the rest of the students react. If I am lax on dealing with the behavior the classroom starts to see that that serious behavior wasn't seriously dealt with and therefore logically all lesser offenses should slide by more easily as well. Before you know it, you start to see behaviors and actions pop up from kids who previously would not have done them because they see that the consequence just isn't there.

So, in the adult world. Same thing - if the populace starts to see that they can commit crime without consequence for their personal gain, it continues to grow and spread as more and more people start to think, "why not." You can see this pattern clearly demonstrated in any major city where democrats have decriminalized a lot of petty crime and that crime has skyrocketed, but more serious offenses have increased as well because of the sloping effect that participating in crime normalizes that behavior and that more serious crimes starts to be more acceptable.
Perfect, just perfect, concise and sadly true

Sarcasam and humour my friends, get some.

Sarcasam and humour my friends, get some.
Is it really such a crime that your sarcastic comment triggered a deeper thought in me?

I don't think that your analogy works. In your classroom, you are a leading authority figure with a direct relationship and oversight of the kids. Your role does not map onto big daddy government / law enforcement. You could make a case that it would map onto a prison guard overseeing a cell block...but that's about it. The government has no direct relationship, no direct oversight of anyone (discounting the NSA, of course. Hi Hillary!).

There's a boatload of literature on crime and punishment and the deterrent affects of the latter...a good place to start is: http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.844.2084&rep=rep1&type=pdf

What you'll find is that punishments have a much smaller affect on crime than you're thinking.

Punishment and public display of it may help sustain the authority you have in the classroom...but that example doesn't map onto adults out in the world.

Is it really such a crime that your sarcastic comment triggered a deeper thought in me?

I don't think that your analogy works. In your classroom, you are a leading authority figure with a direct relationship and oversight of the kids. Your role does not map onto big daddy government / law enforcement. You could make a case that it would map onto a prison guard overseeing a cell block...but that's about it. The government has no direct relationship, no direct oversight of anyone (discounting the NSA, of course. Hi Hillary!).

There's a boatload of literature on crime and punishment and the deterrent affects of the latter...a good place to start is: http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.844.2084&rep=rep1&type=pdf

What you'll find is that punishments have a much smaller affect on crime than you're thinking.

Punishment and public display of it may help sustain the authority you have in the classroom...but that example doesn't map onto adults out in the world.
The effect is systemic my friend....

The effect is systemic my friend....
The affect of what? The site charges for snazzy profile photos...with posts, you're free to write as many words as you need to make a point.

Unless you start writing a novel...in which case,

1627937956092.png

The affect of what? The site charges for snazzy profile photos...with posts, you're free to write as many words as you need to make a point.

Unless you start writing a novel...in which case,

View attachment 1003809
The effect of early childhood restrictions on behavior to teach children a social norm (that of which is being destroyed by the leftist at light speed)

1627939364368.png

I read the entire article. With the exception of Jonnyuma's astute observation; I failed to see how it pertained to 'Firearms Laws & Legal'.

It seems this thread would be more suited to the 'Off Topic' section.

View attachment 1003839

I read the entire article. With the exception of Jonnyuma's astute observation; I failed to see how it pertained to 'Firearms Laws & Legal'.

It seems this thread would be more suited to the 'Off Topic' section.
Since it will eventually trickle down to our right to use our guns for defense due to these new insane "get out of jail free cards" then yes it has to do with firearms.

Criminals share a LOT with people in power. Criminals of course scoff at laws. All they care about is consequences. If real pain is very probable, fewer will break a law. Those in power could care less about peoples opinion of them. Angry letters and such they laugh at. Now if they think they will lose that job that gives them power? That they fear and will do what they think will let them keep that job, even when they are 180 degree's opposed to what they are doing and or saying.

YEP!! I often mention when I was in school and guns. Those of use who had access to a vehicle often would bring a gun to school. Both to show off our latest at breaks and to shoot and or hunt after. No one, NO ONE got shot or even threatened with one. Wonder why? Could it be there was ZERO doubt what would happen to anyone who did? Principal of place one time brought to school his deer rifle to loan to a student who had won a tag but had no rifle. Can anyone just imagine what would happen to this guy today if he did this? Best thing he would have to look for would be loss of his job. In most places they would arrest his butt.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top