JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks for the welcome! Nothing wrong with matchlocks...I believe I noticed a picture of Andy's fine collection...I like to learn and firearms have unique histories. One of my favorites is the Spanish FR-8 Mauser. When I first saw it in the gun shop, had to rush home and look through all my issues of Shotgun News , for at that time there was no inter web...went back the next day and it was still there and then it was mine.

Hey @scarlo , glad to have another SW WA guy here! You're gonna love the kick of a 30-40 Krag, if you've never shot one before (Spanish/American War, often referred to as the Army 30). I got a couple we can play with. Let me know when you want to do some shootin. I usually go to the Yacolt Burn State Forest. But I caution you... I'm a 'clean up your mess' kinda guy. Kinda obsessed with that! Not hard core, just concerned about how we treat our great outdoors and the fact that people are destroying the privilege of shooting on public lands and adding to the stigma of gun ownership.

Hope you enjoy the good conversation and opportunities found around here.

Bill

Hey @scarlo , glad to have another SW WA guy here! You're gonna love the kick of a 30-40 Krag, if you've never shot one before (Spanish/American War, often referred to as the Army 30). I got a couple we can play with. Let me know when you want to do some shootin. I usually go to the Yacolt Burn State Forest. But I caution you... I'm a 'clean up your mess' kinda guy. Kinda obsessed with that! Not hard core, just concerned about how we treat our great outdoors and the fact that people are destroying the privilege of shooting on public lands and adding to the stigma of gun ownership.

Hope you enjoy the good conversation and opportunities found around here.

Bill

Thanks Bill, I have never fired a 30-40 Krag...sometime after the weather improves...I usually go to the Cowlitz Public Shooting Range. Sometimes English Pit. I pick up my brass, try to leave no trace.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top