JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got this alert from OFF just a short while ago and didn't see it posted to the forum yet, so here you go:

Early Start On New Gun Control ?

Not waiting until the 2016 Legislative session starts in February, the House and Senate Judiciary Committees will be meeting jointly on Dec. 17th at 9am in Hearing Room "F."

In an email to Legislators today, anti-gun zealot Floyd Prozanski said:

Colleagues,

In the wake of the senseless shooting at Umpqua Community College on October 1, House Judiciary Chair Rep Jeff Barker and I have called a special joint meeting of the House and Senate Interim Committees on Judiciary. The goal of this hearing is to provide an opportunity for examination and discussion on the state's role in preventing and responding to these acts of violence. It is also an opportunity to look for areas where we, the Legislature, can make changes so our homes, schools, and communities are safer. Topics will include threat assessments, prevention efforts, mental health services, on-site security options, coordinated law enforcement responses, and community and victim services.

As mass tragedies impact every town, school, and community, we'd like to extend an invitation to you to participate in the hearing. It will begin at 9am on Thursday, December 17, and will be held in Hearing Room F at the Capitol.

An agenda for this hearing will be posted later today. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Judiciary Counsel Channa Newell at (503) 986-1525 or[email protected].

Given his history attacking your rights and killing every pro-gun bill that comes to his committee, you can rest assured that this hearing will go well beyond "threat assessments" and be used as another launching pad for gun restrictions.

Please take a moment tell your legislator that you do not want the actions of murderers and terrorists to be used as an excuse to erode your rights.

You can find your legislator using the "Find Your District and Legislators" link on this page:https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/ or you can use our automailer. Text of the mailer and the mailer form follow:

I strongly urge you not to allow the Legislature to use the murders at UCC and the terrorist attacks in California as an excuse to restrict my right to protect myself. We will never become stronger by disarming good people.

http://www.oregonfirearms.org/early-start-on-new-gun-control

is it a public hearing? sounds like just legislators

whatever, their minds are made up. I could go lecture them for hours on the abysmal state of mental health care and all they will do is ban rifle slings or something. I just hope I get to vote in 2016 before his thugs show up at my house.

Perhaps it's time to remember the words of Samuel Adams:

"If men of wisdom and knowledge, of moderation and temperance, of patience, fortitude and perseverance, of sobriety and true republican simplicity of manners, of zeal for the honour of the Supreme Being and the welfare of the commonwealth; if men possessed of these other excellent qualities are chosen to fill the seats of government, we may expect that our affairs will rest on a solid and permanent foundation." —Samuel Adams (1780)

Got this alert from OFF just a short while ago and didn't see it posted to the forum yet, so here you go:
I strongly urge you not to allow the Legislature to use the murders at UCC and the terrorist attacks in California as an excuse to restrict my right to protect myself. We will never become stronger by disarming good people.
http://www.oregonfirearms.org/early-start-on-new-gun-control

Now what exactly is OFF saying should be done ? Or this this just another report with no ideas what we should be doing. He urges us not to allow ??? Is OFF aware of a plan yet to not allow them? Not coming down on OFF but words words and words are empty with no teeth, everytime lobbys speak up they make a long story about how we must stand not compromise and do something. And I sit and wonder what exactly is the plan OFF? .You are urging us members and non members of OFF to not allow legislation to use murders? Now is this more cannon fodder or is there a real idea behind this fresh new notice telling us nothing really other then to watch out for Prozanski, ummm ya I think that one are all very aware of Prozanski's ways. Yet as I read the last report session above from OFF I see missing from this and every update in the last 6 month from OFF is just how are we to not allow them to use the UCC issue? This is the first time OFF had said anything since before UCC and still no answer or idea just for us to do something with this new session on the 17th, so what ever exactly is OFF saying to do ? Or is this a generating funds letter ?
o_O

Emails are fine, but it has more weight if you send actual signed mail with your name and address. They need to know your are one of the people who vote for or against them the next time they are up for re-election.

Emails are fine, but it has more weight if you send actual signed mail with your name and address. They need to know your are one of the people who vote for or against them the next time they are up for re-election.

people showed up in person from across the state the last time and it did not matter. The only emails I will be sending are the ones saying Im not voting for them. List the specific plans you have to campaign against them.

"Because of your support of SB 941 this year and most certainly your upcoming vote in favor of more gun restrictions I will be voting for your opponent in the next election. I will be financially supporting your opponent and the time I would be wasting going to any hearings you schedule for these bills will be volunteered to gaining support for your opponent in the next election. Fortunately, your financial backers cant buy you votes. "

Well, being this is Oregon and Michael Bloomberg bought senate seats last election...

Michael's minions have decided to not respond to their constituents... How utterly ignorant of them... Not even a form letter.

This year I've resolved to be present at the state capital
for each and every hearing... I've got lots of vacation time to burn... And yes, I'll show up with a sidearm, they need to know we are here and we are not going away... We need to make our voices heard, loud and clear!!!

people showed up in person from across the state the last time and it did not matter. The only emails I will be sending are the ones saying Im not voting for them. List the specific plans you have to campaign against them.

"Because of your support of SB 941 this year and most certainly your upcoming vote in favor of more gun restrictions I will be voting for your opponent in the next election. I will be financially supporting your opponent and the time I would be wasting going to any hearings you schedule for these bills will be volunteered to gaining support for your opponent in the next election. Fortunately, your financial backers cant buy you votes. "

Good point Bolus. They need to be told, in no uncertain terms, that their actions do have consequences. I expect myself to lend as much help as I can to get my rep booted out next year, and to help with others where I can. They may get us in 2016's legislative session, I hope we pay them a huge visit come November.

Now what exactly is OFF saying should be done ? Or this this just another report with no ideas what we should be doing. He urges us not to allow ??? Is OFF aware of a plan yet to not allow them? Not coming down on OFF but words words and words are empty with no teeth, everytime lobbys speak up they make a long story about how we must stand not compromise and do something. And I sit and wonder what exactly is the plan OFF? .You are urging us members and non members of OFF to not allow legislation to use murders? Now is this more cannon fodder or is there a real idea behind this fresh new notice telling us nothing really other then to watch out for Prozanski, ummm ya I think that one are all very aware of Prozanski's ways. Yet as I read the last report session above from OFF I see missing from this and every update in the last 6 month from OFF is just how are we to not allow them to use the UCC issue? This is the first time OFF had said anything since before UCC and still no answer or idea just for us to do something with this new session on the 17th, so what ever exactly is OFF saying to do ? Or is this a generating funds letter ?
o_O

Well, other than maybe showing up (if that's allowed) or writing folks, I'm not certain of his plan. I will say, however, that this is one of the most poignant emails I've received from OFF in a while. I'm very glad to see that Kevin has notice of this and has shared it with the members.

Well, other than maybe showing up (if that's allowed) or writing folks, I'm not certain of his plan. I will say, however, that this is one of the most poignant emails I've received from OFF in a while. I'm very glad to see that Kevin has notice of this and has shared it with the members.

Hi Etrain16, I appreciate OFF. I do not want my post to sound like I am taking it out on Kevin. But I am pretty pissed off and giving money to everyone over and over and then reading a new notice saying I need to stop Legislators ? It struck a nerve because in return I could say the same to OFF. As a Lobbyist people look to him and trust him to do something or at the very least help guide people. Trust me Kevin is not the one I am angry at, if one could legally beotch slap Prozasnki I would he is about as two faced as they come. And Kevin and him have a long long history of hatred I would hope would translate into a cause of action and response. I am willing to support and follow guidance if OFF has any? But we need allot more forgive the word but firepower to stop this. I hope Kevin is pissed-off about this next line but OFF needs to reach out to far far more Oregonians then he ever has before if we have any chance at all of rebutting the upcoming year. Stuff just raises my BP probably 30pts.
Why cant the Legislators just stop being such A-holes about guns laws. It seem its not they want common sense laws they want to punish and abuse gun owners and I am not a violent person but I am sure like many are thinking of options here if they just keep pushing us into a corner.

Hi Etrain16, I appreciate OFF. I do not want my post to sound like I am taking it out on Kevin. But I am pretty pissed off and giving money to everyone over and over and then reading a new notice saying I need to stop Legislators ? It struck a nerve because in return I could say the same to OFF. As a Lobbyist people look to him and trust him to do something or at the very least help guide people. Trust me Kevin is not the one I am angry at, if one could legally beotch slap Prozasnki I would he is about as two faced as they come. And Kevin and him have a long long history of hatred I would hope would translate into a cause of action and response. I am willing to support and follow guidance if OFF has any? But we need allot more forgive the word but firepower to stop this. I hope Kevin is pissed-off about this next line but OFF needs to reach out to far far more Oregonians then he ever has before if we have any chance at all of rebutting the upcoming year. Stuff just raises my BP probably 30pts.
Why cant the Legislators just stop being such A-holes about guns laws. It seem its not they want common sense laws they want to punish and abuse gun owners and I am not a violent person but I am sure like many are thinking of options here if they just keep pushing us into a corner.

I do understand the frustration, it's similar to the frustration some have with the NRA as well. As for what Kevin needs to do, I honestly don't know. We know the attack is coming. And I can't help but feel very helpless. I don't think enough gun owners belong to OFF to give Kevin the real clout he needs to exert more power on Salem than say Bloomberg and his lackeys can do. I don't blame Kevin for that, rather I blame uninvolved, uninformed and even apathetic gun owners that don't do more to pay attention, to vote pro-gun and to support groups like OFF.

We do need to support Kevin and OFF as they are the best chance we have. I just fear that the opposition is much, much stronger, at least at this time.

I do understand the frustration, it's similar to the frustration some have with the NRA as well. As for what Kevin needs to do, I honestly don't know. We know the attack is coming. And I can't help but feel very helpless. I don't think enough gun owners belong to OFF to give Kevin the real clout he needs to exert more power on Salem than say Bloomberg and his lackeys can do. I don't blame Kevin for that, rather I blame uninvolved, uninformed and even apathetic gun owners that don't do more to pay attention, to vote pro-gun and to support groups like OFF.
We do need to support Kevin and OFF as they are the best chance we have. I just fear that the opposition is much, much stronger, at least at this time.
I think as I have mentioned before in our conservative town many still do not know what OFF is. I have resources myself here to help. But Kevin doesn't seem to respond or is just to busy to consider my ideas.

And I can't help but feel very helpless.

Don't feel that way. It's one thing to pass a law, another thing to enforce it.

Legislators do notice when people ignore the laws they pass. It strikes at the one thing they care about (besides money): legitimacy. They'd rather avoid passing something that every peon is going to flout, and that few if any sheriffs will enforce.

Civil disobedience has a long, honorable history in America. It's time people started flexing their "disobedience muscles".

Don't feel that way. It's one thing to pass a law, another thing to enforce it.

Legislators do notice when people ignore the laws they pass. It strikes at the one thing they care about (besides money): legitimacy. They'd rather avoid passing something that every peon is going to flout, and that few if any sheriffs will enforce.

Civil disobedience has a long, honorable history in America. It's time people started flexing their "disobedience muscles".

Nicely said and observed by this Oregonian, as SB941 does not apply to me.

I have an IDEA if instead of sending an email everyone sent a hand written message mailed in a Small Priority flat rate box ($5.95) if say 500 boxes show up in their offices that would be a little harder to ignore.

500 Medium priority flat rate boxes would be REALLY hard to ignore

I have an IDEA if instead of sending an email everyone sent a hand written message mailed in a Small Priority flat rate box ($5.95) if say 500 boxes show up in their offices that would be a little harder to ignore.

500 Medium priority flat rate boxes would be REALLY hard to ignore

There's a new and interesting idea.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top