JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Let's revisit this list:

You are irrational if:
You prep more than 5 guns and 5,000 rounds of ammo and have less than 1 years supply of food.

You buy iodine pills and worry about radiation fallout from a nuclear plant that is thousands of miles away.

You dwell over the news daily and worry about dying from terrorist attacks.

You are 100% sure the economy is going to collapse within the next year.
You have bug out supplies but nowhere to bug out to.

You have tons of food and don't have a way to cook it.

You have more flashlights and pocket knives than matches.

You use up half your food storage space with plastic water bottles but don't have a water filter to purify more water.

You own tens of thousands of dollars in silver and gold and only have 72 hours of food and water.
You tell all your friends and family that your storing a years supply of food for you and your family of 3, and don't think anyone else is going to show up at your house when something happens.

You don't store food because you think you can hunt animals and fish for food after shtf.

You plan on sharing food with neighbors and other people in need.

You don't store all the things you will need because you plan on bartering for them later.

Your survival plans consist of showing up at other people's houses and asking for food or taking theirs.

You have everything you plan to do for prepping and you talk about the endless possibilities of calamity on a daily bases but never actually start prepping supplies.

You have a pantry full of food and you make youtube videos to show it off not realizing that its only 3 to 4 months of food for 2 people, and your prepping for a 6 person household.

Let's revisit this list:

You are irrational if:
You prep more than 5 guns and 5,000 rounds of ammo and have less than 1 years supply of food.

You buy iodine pills and worry about radiation fallout from a nuclear plant that is thousands of miles away.

You dwell over the news daily and worry about dying from terrorist attacks.

You are 100% sure the economy is going to collapse within the next year.
You have bug out supplies but nowhere to bug out to.

You have tons of food and don't have a way to cook it.

You have more flashlights and pocket knives than matches.

You use up half your food storage space with plastic water bottles but don't have a water filter to purify more water.

You own tens of thousands of dollars in silver and gold and only have 72 hours of food and water.
You tell all your friends and family that your storing a years supply of food for you and your family of 3, and don't think anyone else is going to show up at your house when something happens.

You don't store food because you think you can hunt animals and fish for food after shtf.

You plan on sharing food with neighbors and other people in need.

You don't store all the things you will need because you plan on bartering for them later.

Your survival plans consist of showing up at other people's houses and asking for food or taking theirs.

You have everything you plan to do for prepping and you talk about the endless possibilities of calamity on a daily bases but never actually start prepping supplies.

You have a pantry full of food and you make youtube videos to show it off not realizing that its only 3 to 4 months of food for 2 people, and your prepping for a 6 person household.

agreed.

I feel pretty good about your list....just need to get my husband to understand that I'm not crazy by wanting to keep our food stores a secret.

Like if i've recently bought wheat or rice, but can't get around to storing it properly for 2-3 days I don't want him bringing people around the house....he thinks that is crazy and paranoid. I think it's smart. I don't want to have to look these people in the eye when they are hungry and scared....

I feel pretty good about your list....just need to get my husband to understand that I'm not crazy by wanting to keep our food stores a secret.

I don't want to have to look these people in the eye when they are hungry and scared....

This is some of the best advice here.

If you are hungry enough you will go where you know the food is. If the town is hungry they may come to "appropriate" your food for distribution to the community.

This was not a post I created rather it was a sarcastic post made by another that turned out to be prescient in many ways.
Here is what WILL happen if you do not maintain OPSEC: The Communists, who are screaming for Total Redistribution of Wealth, organised theft, on a world wide scale (NWO) NOW will surround your home and take it from you. Check out Van Jones, Nacy Pelosi, the riots in London, Israel, Greece, Portugal, Italy, SEIU, ACORN Seattle, and oher US citys, they are all led by Communists.

agreed.

Like if i've recently bought wheat or rice, but can't get around to storing it properly for 2-3 days I don't want him bringing people around the house....he thinks that is crazy and paranoid. I think it's smart. I don't want to have to look these people in the eye when they are hungry and scared....

I had to put a stop quickly when my hubby started showing everyone my pantry. Ive stopped the flood, but I'm afraid the damage is done... His sister has already said "Well good, then if something happens we are heading to your place!" which is NOT what I want to see happen.

It's taken a couple of years, but he's finally starting to come around to my way of thinking...

:s0093: Kinda like yall take dance lessons but the band may never show up.:s0112::s0112: Even when the band does show up you are going to be playing "name that tune".:s0131:

jj

I need to store up more food. Not to sound mean or selfish, but if SHTF hits, stay away from my house, I can't afford to start feeding all the needy/unperpared people.

Why not make your own food stockpile? it's not very hard to do.

The list is a good way to prioritize but I would say most importantly is, water, water, and more water. What does that mean:

Have a water source on your property or one that runs through it or you can pump it up and a way to sterilize the water.

The other way (the way I have to do it if water system goes down for extend period) is daily or every other day treks to the river with a filtration system on a bike.
Not the best because it exposes me, but I will have cover as one goes for water.

2nd priority(a) is food no matter how you much you have on hand your gonna wish you had more, not as easily replaceable for me as the water will be. I need to stock up more.

2nd priority(b) is protection I feel you won't need to defend (and i mean actually defend with nobody else to count on) for awhile, I don't know how long, a year 2 years. But its not just getting the protection its being competent and having a plan. Having a plan might even come first this will help direct what you should get.

3rd priority is a place to hold up, whether its a retreat/bug out or bug in and the sleep gear/cloths and some sort of light source. This also brings in defense of the place.

Well that should get some thoughts going

Shelter
fire
water
food
That's the basics, in order for 72 hours
so i would suggest raiding the Occupy Portland Camp for your basic needs,,,,,,before they raid you (Insert Happy Face Here)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top