JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Gun Control and the Constitution: Should We Amend the Second Amendment? - Businessweek

Says that the 2nd Amendment needs modifying to read:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms when serving in the militia shall not be infringed.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

How about this:

Because a well regulated Militia is necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed* (*have any laws whatsoever passed to even slightly restrict that right so they may muster together to fight a tyrannical government Militia - as we did when forming this country)

I am a militia of one.....

I see my signature statement, and avatar note are rubbing off on a few of you around here! ;)

I do actually like how that article ended... Couldn't be any truer.

For a significant minority of Americans, firearms represent individualism, independence, and self-reliance. In the eyes of citizens who connect these values to gun ownership, membership in a militia—whatever that would mean in the modern context—isn’t a necessary part of the equation. Amending the Constitution, and that includes amending an amendment, is a political undertaking that has to reflect the will of “we the people.” These days, an awful lot of those people, the vast majority of whom obey the law and pay their taxes, like their guns and intend to keep them.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top